03-11-13 11:39 AM
40 12
tools
    Im curious what exactly they train Verizon employees on regarding these devices. I walked into a Verizon store last week and had to explain to an employee how a pentile display is different from an RGB panel. As soon as I start talking like that they just leave me alone and dont bother me anymore. This same girl also told me that Blackberry is dead.
    You wasted your breath. 98% of the sales reps could care less about the difference between a pentile and rgb display. Why? Because 98% of the people walking in the doors don't care.

My training basically consisted of going over the flow of the device as well as bb10 OS.
    Innerchild likes this.
    03-08-13 01:57 PM
    Did they give you the release date?
    03-08-13 02:09 PM
    you dont see them having a chance? why is that? I think the opposite. When more phones come out at the same time, you tend to check them all out.. so couple days/weeks is still ok.. most carriers have 14-15day returns, so its best to get your hands on a couple devices and then make your decision. just because Z10 comes out a week later, doesn't mean those people wont check it out. the hype is pretty big w/ the new blackberrys, so i think everyone will check them out.. as long as the device is up to par, based on all the online talk; it is, things will be fine!
    I don't see them having a chance because they have almost no presence in the US. Outside of the weird Super Bowl commercial, there hasn't been any advertising or media presence here, at all. Blackberry's market share has dropped into irrelevance here. The faithful don't want to hear it, but the Blackberry brand in the US is almost a joke outside of corporate use. I'm a former Blackberry user, but I don't know a single person that still has a Blackberry. I live in central Florida, by the way.
    03-08-13 02:18 PM
    I don't see them having a chance because they have almost no presence in the US. Outside of the weird Super Bowl commercial, there hasn't been any advertising or media presence here, at all. Blackberry's market share has dropped into irrelevance here. The faithful don't want to hear it, but the Blackberry brand in the US is almost a joke outside of corporate use. I'm a former Blackberry user, but I don't know a single person that still has a Blackberry. I live in central Florida, by the way.
    I am in eastern NC and i see alot of BlackBerrys floating around. I will kindly stop and ask them about their experience and inform them of the Z10 and Q10. I know a few people who still rock a BlackBerry and i know quite a few coming back at launch.

I do get alot of laughs when people see my BlackBerry. When i ask about their iPhone or android device they still complain about those.

I have no complaints with my 9930

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    03-08-13 02:33 PM
    Blackberries still have a pretty large presence among the celebrities as well. Just watch any reality show and you stand a very good chance of seeing them yacking or texting on a Bold!
    03-08-13 03:08 PM
    I'm not doubting what you guys see, but the numbers don't add up. They lost a million customers last quarter and their market share has absolutely tanked here in the last few years. I asked my son if he knows anyone at school (a good sized high school) with a Blackberry and he looked at me like I was joking. Their reputation here has been taking a beating here for years and Blackberry has done nothing to stem that tide. No advertising, no new phones for almost 2 years and no buzz. It sounds like it's very different in other parts of the world, but it almost seems like they aren't even trying in their biggest market . Please don't tell me that it's the media and carriers fault.
    03-08-13 03:21 PM
    There is no denying that bb lost users over the years, and maybe bb wont be as big as they used to be. But they dont need to be. People are assuming that bb will win over all apple and android users... No way. Bb waited too long, i agree. But i do believe that bb will make a very big impact on the future cell phone market. To be honest, i see apple right now in bb's shoes. Make a product everyone loves and dont change a thing for years. Well, android keeps coming out with innovation while apple 5 fans are obsessed with their 5 yr old OS. BB is def cooking something, and it sure smells good! BB will gladly take spot 3 and maybe even spot 2 if apple doesnt get its act together!
    And im sorry, but your high school example is pretty funny!
    03-09-13 12:09 AM
    Blackberries still have a pretty large presence among the celebrities as well. Just watch any reality show and you stand a very good chance of seeing them yacking or texting on a Bold!
    You know that they are paid to use Blackberries right?
    An acquaintance of mine a couple months back is a celebrity designer in Russia. He used a Blackberry which confused me until I asked him. He gets paid big $$ to flaunt and use a Blackberry. They call him one of their "ambassadors". I assume it is kind of like what Alicia Keys is hired to do.
    03-09-13 12:22 AM
    You know that they are paid to use Blackberries right?
    An acquaintance of mine a couple months back is a celebrity designer in Russia. He used a Blackberry which confused me until I asked him. He gets paid big $$ to flaunt and use a Blackberry. They call him one of their "ambassadors". I assume it is kind of like what Alicia Keys is hired to do.
    I dont see why bb would pay. Maybe the company he works for or works under prefers him on a bb and offers certain incentives, but not bb. If this was the case mr gates would open up his wallet pretty wide so people start flaunting wp devices..
    03-09-13 11:49 AM
    Even IF BB was paying celebs to use the devices they'd just be doing their job - which is marketing! Tons of successful companies do that. If BB didn't they wouldn't be doing their job.
    03-09-13 02:28 PM
    Just FWIW, was talking to staff and manager at Verizon again today (pretty big store, north of Philadelphia), and he tells me they have no Z10's yet, but will begin training "in a couple weeks."
    03-09-13 10:55 PM
    i think we can safely assume it will be released end of March with everyone else. with exception of AT&T.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350
    BlackBerry by Choice!
    03-10-13 10:34 AM
    It's unbelievable that it has will have taken 2 months from launch for the Z10 to be available in the U.S. Absolutely crazy. I can't think of any other manufacturer in which it has taken this long. Sort of takes all the wind out of the sails with the exception of BB diehards. It's a shame they couldn't have had the opportunity to keep the momentum going.
    03-10-13 08:58 PM
    I’m curious what exactly they train Verizon employees on regarding these devices. I walked into a Verizon store last week and had to explain to an employee how a pentile display is different from an RGB panel. As soon as I start talking like that they just leave me alone and don’t bother me anymore. This same girl also told me that Blackberry is dead.
    Tell her to plug it in so it can recharge.
    bassman67 and Onna808 like this.
    03-11-13 10:39 AM
    It's unbelievable that it has will have taken 2 months from launch for the Z10 to be available in the U.S. Absolutely crazy. I can't think of any other manufacturer in which it has taken this long. Sort of takes all the wind out of the sails with the exception of BB diehards. It's a shame they couldn't have had the opportunity to keep the momentum going.
    Samsung with their Galaxy S phones took quite a while to show up on our shores. I don't remember exact dates but I do know we didn't get them on the same day or even the same week as Europe.
    03-11-13 11:39 AM
40 12