Yesterday I bought a Curve 8330. I got it for free(this was my 2 year trade in price), but now I wish I had spent $99 and got the Tour. Do I understand the trial period that if I want to trade it for the Tour over the first 3 days, I'll have to pay a $35 restock fee? Does that mean that if I trade it on the 4th day I won't have to pay that fee? Also, will I still only have to pay $99, or will my price change? I did purchase this at a Verizon store.

Thanks.
    10-08-09 11:11 AM
    you pay thje restocking fee unless there is less than 10 minutes of usage, and you get the tour for the same price you would have paid yesterday.

This is your only trade in as well, a new 30 days does not start.
    10-08-09 11:20 AM
    You'll pay the fee and the difference. That's what a VZW rep told me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 11:21 AM
    Wow, I thought that our 30day worry free trial was tough. At the store I work for you can return or exchange in the first 30days as long as the phone is under 400mins, like new condition, upc still attached to the box.
    If you exchange for a different model its $20bucks. You can return or exchange as many times in 30days. If it gets out of control though the rep has the right to refuse the exchange.
    10-08-09 11:45 AM
    Wow, I thought that our 30day worry free trial was tough. At the store I work for you can return or exchange in the first 30days as long as the phone is under 400mins, like new condition, upc still attached to the box.
    If you exchange for a different model its $20bucks. You can return or exchange as many times in 30days. If it gets out of control though the rep has the right to refuse the exchange.
    Authorized dealers can resell the phone, and recoup some of the money back.

All the corporate stores do is send them back to our warehouse to be refurbished.
    10-08-09 11:55 AM
    So when I brought the 8330 home yesterday I took the upc off the box and mailed it in with the $100 rebate card. Obviously, I would not expect to get another $100 rebate with the tour. I assume the rebate would still be good? Or how would this affect everything? Yes, I am going to call the rep that I was working with this morning. Just trying to get some other opinions.
    10-08-09 11:55 AM
    So when I brought the 8330 home yesterday I took the upc off the box and mailed it in with the $100 rebate card. Obviously, I would not expect to get another $100 rebate with the tour. I assume the rebate would still be good? Or how would this affect everything? Yes, I am going to call the rep that I was working with this morning. Just trying to get some other opinions.
    You would have to pay for the rebate, thats all.

Also, make sure you take everything in with youanual and all, they can charge you for that stuff.
    10-08-09 11:56 AM
    You would have to pay for the rebate, thats all.

Also, make sure you take everything in with youanual and all, they can charge you for that stuff.
    So I would have to repay them for the $100 rebate? Would I get a new rebate with the Tour(as they would have given me yesterday)?
    10-08-09 12:02 PM
    Ouch, why would you mail in the rebate during your 30 day trial?
    You tore apart the box. That's never good for returns/exchanges.
    10-08-09 12:11 PM
    Ouch, why would you mail in the rebate during your 30 day trial?
    You tore apart the box. That's never good for returns/exchanges.
    Box is intact, just the sticker is off.

Why? Because I honestly thought I was done. Then a friend comes over with his Tour, and I really liked it.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Curve. Just trying to get an idea as to what I'm looking at if I switch, either today, or in 2 weeks. Also trying to find out if there is any negotiating room with VZW.
    10-08-09 12:15 PM
    Yes, you will pay the $100 back to the store, but get your MIR back. So you should leave the store expecting to break even after 2 MIR's $200.

$100 for the curve MIR
    $100 for the Tour MIR

you get $200 back.
    Authorized dealers can resell the phone, and recoup some of the money back.

All the corporate stores do is send them back to our warehouse to be refurbished.
    We return them to the group that we buy phones through. I believe it is a group called Brightstar of like 4000 dealers.
    10-08-09 12:17 PM
    [QUOTE=Nvr2nd;3772098]Yes, you will pay the $100 back to the store, but get your MIR back. So you should leave the store expecting to break even after 2 MIR's $200.

$100 for the curve MIR
    $100 for the Tour MIR

you get $200 back.

Thanks. And to be clear, I have like 5 minutes on the phone. So will is it likely they will make me pay the $35 rs fee or not if I return today or tomorrow?
    10-08-09 12:25 PM

Thanks. And to be clear, I have like 5 minutes on the phone. So will is it likely they will make me pay the $35 rs fee or not if I return today or tomorrow?

That part is store specific. I wouldnt because if you wipe the handheld the call timers should be reset. Which if you still have your old phone you might think about doing. Then other than looking into your call history they might not know that you made any calls.
    Im shady like that though. I dont care. I keep my customers happy, and coming back to me.
    10-08-09 01:14 PM
    That part is store specific. I wouldnt because if you wipe the handheld the call timers should be reset. Which if you still have your old phone you might think about doing. Then other than looking into your call history they might not know that you made any calls.
    Im shady like that though. I dont care. I keep my customers happy, and coming back to me.
    Seems like the right thing to do.

Thanks again.
    10-08-09 01:30 PM
    its less than 10min and less then 1mb or usage....either way i think you're gonna have a restockfee they are pretty serious about it, we dont discount them at all. non negotiable. Came from higher ups...but if you speak to your rep specifically he may do it different, I know I find loop holes for my customers
    10-08-09 01:48 PM
    they check the call usage.
    10-08-09 02:23 PM
    they check the call usage.
    1 short call. Again, I have about 5 minutes on it.
    10-08-09 02:30 PM
    1 short call. Again, I have about 5 minutes on it.
    thats fine, then you have nothing to worry about. my comment was to the guy who said he didnt know if they checked call usage. they do
    10-08-09 05:18 PM
    Yesterday I bought a Curve 8330. I got it for free(this was my 2 year trade in price), but now I wish I had spent $99 and got the Tour. Do I understand the trial period that if I want to trade it for the Tour over the first 3 days, I'll have to pay a $35 restock fee? Does that mean that if I trade it on the 4th day I won't have to pay that fee? Also, will I still only have to pay $99, or will my price change? I did purchase this at a Verizon store.

Thanks.
    Are you a new verizon customer or did you just "upgrade" with your "new every two" discount? I am not sure what you mean by "this was my 2 year trade-in price" so that is why I am asking. I am thinking you are completely new to verizon but if not, read below. Otherwise disregard.

If you have been a customer and have an old phone you can reactivate..I suggest you return the Curve, reactivate your old phone, wait longer than three days and then go back and get your the Tour. This will allow you to avoid the $35 restocking fee since you did not purchase a new phone within three days after returning the Curve. Now since you did mail in the rebate you will have to pay that back upon return but it will still arrive in the mail and you will get your $100 back within a few weeks.

Some will argue that this is beating the system although I see it differently. If they didn't want you to be able to do this they would change their policy. And so far they have not done so.
    Last edited by bubbarob1978; 10-08-09 at 05:29 PM.
    10-08-09 05:24 PM
    its less than 10min and less then 1mb or usage....either way i think you're gonna have a restockfee they are pretty serious about it, we dont discount them at all. non negotiable. Came from higher ups...but if you speak to your rep specifically he may do it different, I know I find loop holes for my customers
    You're shooting yourself in the foot...

10-08-09 05:39 PM
    Are you a new verizon customer or did you just "upgrade" with your "new every two" discount? I am not sure what you mean by "this was my 2 year trade-in price" so that is why I am asking. I am thinking you are completely new to verizon but if not, read below. Otherwise disregard.

If you have been a customer and have an old phone you can reactivate..I suggest you return the Curve, reactivate your old phone, wait longer than three days and then go back and get your the Tour. This will allow you to avoid the $35 restocking fee since you did not purchase a new phone within three days after returning the Curve. Now since you did mail in the rebate you will have to pay that back upon return but it will still arrive in the mail and you will get your $100 back within a few weeks.

Some will argue that this is beating the system although I see it differently. If they didn't want you to be able to do this they would change their policy. And so far they have not done so.
    I have been a customer, and this was my new every 2 upgrade.

While your idea sounds interesting, it's too much of a hassle for me. I left a message for the rep who helped me(and she was terrific). I'm hoping she'll take care of this for me. If not, no biggie. I'll hold onto the Curve and deal with it. It's really not such a bad little phone anyway.

Thanks for the advice.
    10-08-09 05:43 PM
    10-08-09 06:29 PM
    If I took the Storm BOGO, could I bring it back within 30 days, pay $20, and get the Storm 2 if it's out within that 30 day window?
    10-09-09 11:39 AM
    They only charge a restocking fee if you get a new phone within 3 days of returning. Says so right on the receipt. If you're that concerned about it, return the phone, use your old phone for 4 days and then get your tour. Just make sure they reset your upgrade date. They missed that with me, but it was fixed with a 10 minute customer service phone call.

Edit: I see bubba beat me to it.

10-09-09 02:40 PM
    They only charge a restocking fee if you get a new phone within 3 days of returning. Says so right on the receipt. If you're that concerned about it, return the phone, use your old phone for 4 days and then get your tour. Just make sure they reset your upgrade date. They missed that with me, but it was fixed with a 10 minute customer service phone call.

Edit: I see bubba beat me to it.

Wrong. It says that if you return it and then buy another one within 3 days, you are charged the fee. Exchange it and you pay the fee automatically. That's what a VZW rep told me.
    10-09-09 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD