Hey Guys,
    I might be trading my Tour for a Storm2 soon and I have a few questions. I made a post on Craigs List for the trade and a couple people responded. Craigs List can be a bit shady sometimes so I want to make sure I take the proper precautions:

-When I backup my files from my Tour to DM will they successfully ( contacts, memopad notes, apps, videos) transfer to the S2?

-How do I do a complete safe wipe of the Tour before Trade-*How do I deactivate the Tour and reactivate with the S2?

-The person I may trade with said he purchased his S2 on Sunday, doesn't like it, but can't return in to VZW because he already sent in his rebate. Is there a sure way to make sure the device is legit, works properly, and is NOT stolen?

-Anything else I should know?

Any advice is really appreciated! Moderator, I'm not sure if I posted this in the right place so feel free to move it if I messed up

Thank you!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 08:59 AM
    Also forgot to ask: If I ever have problems with the S2 down the line will Verizon or Assurion honor a replacement device?

01-19-10 09:02 AM
    Hey Guys,
    I might be trading my Tour for a Storm2 soon and I have a few questions. I made a post on Craigs List for the trade and a couple people responded. Craigs List can be a bit shady sometimes so I want to make sure I take the proper precautions:

-When I backup my files from my Tour to DM will they successfully ( contacts, memopad notes, apps, videos) transfer to the S2?

-How do I do a complete safe wipe of the Tour before Trade-*How do I deactivate the Tour and reactivate with the S2?

-The person I may trade with said he purchased his S2 on Sunday, doesn't like it, but can't return in to VZW because he already sent in his rebate. Is there a sure way to make sure the device is legit, works properly, and is NOT stolen?

-Anything else I should know?

Any advice is really appreciated! Moderator, I'm not sure if I posted this in the right place so feel free to move it if I messed up

Thank you!!!!

You will be able to transfer the back up just fine. To make sure the device is ok, just call VZW with the MEID to make sure its not lost, stolen or on an active account. The phone will not come with a warranty with VZW, but if you already have insurance it will stay on the phone. Just do the ESN chnage at a store or over the phone and make sure to tell them you do not want the insurance to drop. To wipe your phone go to Options>Security Options>General Options>press the menu button and select Wipe Handheld and follow the prompts.

Are you trading the exact same Tour you have been having issues with? Did you tell the other guy, I'm sure he won't want a bad phone either.
    01-19-10 10:17 AM
    Are you trading the exact same Tour you have been having issues with? Did you tell the other guy, I'm sure he won't want a bad phone either.
    I went to the Verizon Store was issued a new Tour. Hey, if THEY can't give me the S2, might as well find someone who is willing to trade!
    01-19-10 10:47 AM
    I went to the Verizon Store was issued a new Tour. Hey, if THEY can't give me the S2, might as well find someone who is willing to trade!
    Yeah that's true. Hope everything works out.
    01-19-10 10:51 AM
    would you know how to deactivate the device? Just call Verizon?
    01-19-10 10:52 AM
    would you know how to deactivate the device? Just call Verizon?
    You can do an ESN Swap online or with *228 option 3.
    01-19-10 11:01 AM
    The Best is to login to your Verizonwireless account and on right side hit activate my phone and thats it just type in the new ESN # and then hit *228 after and #1 and all should be good. I have had to do this 5 times for replacement BB Tours
    01-19-10 11:53 AM
    Also forgot to ask: If I ever have problems with the S2 down the line will Verizon or Assurion honor a replacement device?

No and maybe, warranty goes to the org buyer only
    01-19-10 01:24 PM
    To be safe have the guy meet you at the verizon store but to be honest if he bought the phone on Sunday he has 30 days even though he sent in the rebate.
    I made a switch because had issues but had also mailed in the rebate. They just had to rebill me the rebate and then when I called CC they issued a credit on the new rebate for me because it wasn't honored when I mailed it in because of the previous rebate understand all that ? whew ! He would have to pay a 35 restocking fee. But anyways be sure you have yourself covered have everything done at the store don't trust anyone I am sorry you just have to be careful
    01-19-10 04:07 PM
    To be safe have the guy meet you at the verizon store but to be honest if he bought the phone on Sunday he has 30 days even though he sent in the rebate.
    I made a switch because had issues but had also mailed in the rebate. They just had to rebill me the rebate and then when I called CC they issued a credit on the new rebate for me because it wasn't honored when I mailed it in because of the previous rebate understand all that ? whew ! He would have to pay a 35 restocking fee. But anyways be sure you have yourself covered have everything done at the store don't trust anyone I am sorry you just have to be careful
    01-19-10 04:08 PM
    I traded phones with someone in June and I found the best bet was just meeting at a Verizon store that way everything can get transferred and be sure that both phones work for both parties.
    01-19-10 04:45 PM
    I traded phones with someone in June and I found the best bet was just meeting at a Verizon store that way everything can get transferred and be sure that both phones work for both parties.
    I was just going to suggest this. This will ensure 100% that everything is on the up and up.
    01-19-10 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD