09-26-09 05:36 PM
35 12
tools
    I'm seriously giving the question in the title of this thread some consideration as I currently have the Storm 9530 and I have growing interest in finding a way to get my hands on the Tour.

I'm not eligible for the new every two for quite some time.

I was hoping to get some feedback to quell my BB swapping impulses right now or if anyone does have any interest in moving from a Tour to a Storm, get in touch with me!

Thanks guys!
    09-03-09 04:01 AM
    Rumors of Storm 2 coming out October 15th, with WIFI... but if you are trying to get away from touch screen the Tour is a good device some have flaws but its nothing to cry about(although most do) I would call 611 and see if they can do anything for you. Have you gotten any replacements for the storm?
    09-03-09 08:19 AM
    wait on it. the next tour which isn't that far away will have wifi. i have been eligible for some time now too but i am going to wait.
    09-03-09 08:25 AM
    wait on it. the next tour which isn't that far away will have wifi. i have been eligible for some time now too but i am going to wait.
    Your talking about the Essex? I don't really care about the wifi but I'm considering leaving the touchscreen department to give it a shot next year
    09-03-09 08:26 AM
    The Essex isn't coming out anytime soon...as for the Tour is a very good device with lots of software issues, if you are going to get it at least wait until they release an OS update for it to fix a couple things in it...
    09-03-09 08:33 AM
    yes i was. i tried to put the link but it wouldn't let me beacuse im a "Newbie"
    09-03-09 08:34 AM
    i too was going to get the tour, but then I asked myself why even bother by the time I can use my NE2 and not use an Annual upgrade they should have something even newer with WiFi on it. I'm just waiting out the storm 2...that phone has grabed my attention and I hate touch screens, but I am hoping it will be better than the original storm. We shall see.
    09-03-09 09:15 AM
    Is the Tour worth it?
    At $49.99, maybe. At $149, no.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 09:49 AM
    At $49.99, maybe. At $149, no.

Or on the BOGO
    09-03-09 09:51 AM
    Or on the BOGO
    BOGO simply means you get twice as many problems.

09-03-09 09:55 AM
    The Essex isn't coming out anytime soon...as for the Tour is a very good device with lots of software issues, if you are going to get it at least wait until they release an OS update for it to fix a couple things in it...
    if the op has a storm he is used to software issues

the tour is a killer phone even with the expected new release bugs.
    09-06-09 11:23 PM
    Really, I think it's down to whether you prefer keyboard or screen with your blackberry. (Geez, that sounds like a food dish now.) It's mostly the same device.
    09-07-09 12:25 AM
    Not at all until they fix the bugs, my cousin has swapped out 3 already because of the ******* trackball messing up, one of them had a bad radio in it, now the one he is sticking with now is okay, the trackball isn't to great but what can he do. Terrible phone, RIM should have tested it more.
    09-07-09 01:50 AM
    Well I had the storm 2 of them had problems with em well the cs let me get one for trade and then had go buy one for 500 and to me well worth way better service and more stable

09-07-09 02:28 AM

LMAO

Spoken like a true expert.

Serious, listen to this guy!

09-07-09 02:34 AM

Maybe Verizon and Blackberry arent the right combo for you.... You are always bashing both.
    09-07-09 02:50 AM
    I've had the same Tour now since its initial release, and while there are some small (and I do mean small) issues with the OS, overall its a great device. If you don't mind not having wifi (which to date isn't on ANY VZW phone) and you want to break away from touch screen then the Tour is right for you. Me personally, I distill my urge for a touch screen device withg my iPod Touch, and leave the serious communications to my ever so reliable Tour.

09-07-09 02:59 AM
    If you don't mind not having wifi (which to date isn't on ANY VZW phone)
    I guess the XV6800, Samsung SCH i-760, Samsung Saga, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, Samsung Omnia & HTC Ozone aren't really available on VZW.

But they are.

And they all have WiFi.

Full WiFi.

And even free VZW hotspots for VZW customers.

So your claim of no WiFi on VZW is completely wrong & without merit.

09-07-09 03:19 AM
    And one more - the Samsung Omnia 2 I have right here has WiFi, too. And lookie there - it has a VZW logo on it.

You did say ANY VZW phone.

09-07-09 03:27 AM
    Probably meant VZW BB's
    09-07-09 08:41 AM
    Well I had the storm 2 of them had problems with em well the cs let me get one for trade and then had go buy one for 500 and to me well worth way better service and more stable

Holy run-on sentence batman.

The Tour is a good phone. Some do have slight issues with the trackball but by changing the sensitivity it can be corrected.
    09-07-09 03:18 PM
    The Tour is a fantastic device. It is so fast and very efficient. I would recommend it for sure.
    09-07-09 07:26 PM
    Rumors of Storm 2 coming out October 15th, with WIFI... but if you are trying to get away from touch screen the Tour is a good device some have flaws but its nothing to cry about(although most do) I would call 611 and see if they can do anything for you. Have you gotten any replacements for the storm?
    Sorry for the slow responses, guys!

I'm actually on my 3rd Storm in a week. They still, from having spoken to a number of people, refuse to switch me to a different phone. It's really frustrating given my number of unlucky run-ins with Storms lately. Any advice on how to proceed in this situation?

Maybe Verizon and Blackberry arent the right combo for you.... You are always bashing both.
    Totally random but I've seen you posting around a few times and I keep trying to figure out if you're a nurse or not. Aside from that, I read your signature. Yeah. I'm just going to leave it at that. >_>
    09-23-09 11:36 AM
    Sorry for the slow responses, guys!

I'm actually on my 3rd Storm in a week. They still, from having spoken to a number of people, refuse to switch me to a different phone. It's really frustrating given my number of unlucky run-ins with Storms lately. Any advice on how to proceed in this situation?

Yeah they will continue to refuse a switch because they are adhering to policy. If you replace the Storm 3 times within 90 days then you are eligible for either a new Storm or a new Tour... One or the other. And they will most likely refuse the replacement and stand by their policy. So.... Replace it again... and again... Untill you qualify for the 3 phones in 90 days...
    09-23-09 11:47 AM
    I have a Curve 8330. I want a Tour also. But, judging from a lot of the posts in here, I guess I'll also wait to get it. Thanks guys.
    09-26-09 02:17 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD