A few months ago, I went form a Pearl to a Curve. HUGE difference. I hated the Pearl.

But now my wife's line is eligible for an upgrade August 1 and the rep indicates I can upgrade and use the phone for my line (extended the contract on her line).

I really wanted a Storm, but with all the negativity surrounding it, I'm not sure it'd be wise. So my question is: is it worth $200 or so to upgrade from the Curve to a Tour?

I like the idea of visual voicemail, faster internet connection, 3MP camera (vs. 2). Is that pretty much the main differences?
    07-13-09 11:09 PM
    got a pearl here too. I think it's been a pretty good phone. It's been solid with no problems... I'm just ready to move up to a full keyboard! Stopping by VZW later in the week to check out the Tour!
    07-13-09 11:16 PM
    I've wanted a touch screen for awhile, but it seems there is a mass exodus away from the Storm.
    07-13-09 11:21 PM
    I had my curve for a year and just upgraded to the Tour. The phone sound is louder and clarity is slightly better. The camera is better, and the keyboard is easier to type on. The screen is great, and the feel of the phone itself seems to be a better quality. The only downside that I have found is that the trackball seems more sensitive- I have to slow down when scrolling. Having Word to Go, Sheet to go, bring the level up a notch. Given that, if i was spending your money, I would upgrade!
    Happy Shopping
    Li
    07-13-09 11:38 PM
    I've never had visual voicemail - how is it on the Tour?
    07-13-09 11:43 PM
    I think one of the key differences from Pearl/Curve/Storm to Tour is internal memory. If you want to be able to run more apps (since that's the cool thing to do now), the memory is a huge plus and definitely worth the upgrade. I have a Storm as well and love it... Seriously, it's not a bad device!
    07-13-09 11:52 PM
    You can't compare. The curve was a great phone I never had 1 problem. The tour is a beast. Not only can you just install stuff and not worry about memory, the browser is actually usable. Keyboard is a little different, but even with my huge hands typing isn't hard, just different

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 02:54 PM
    My concern is that the Tour is a lot like the Curve in form and function. But I also don't want my desire for a touch screen/large screen phone to push me into a decision to get a phone that just isn't useful (i.e., stuck with a touch screen keyboard that ends up being a pain to use).

I'm looking at a large screen because I do photography and it'd be nice to have a larger screen to display my photos. But I also like the dependability of the Curve, as in I know it works and it does what I want (except for the small screen).
    07-15-09 08:53 AM
    Yes, the Tour's screen is smaller than the Storm's... That aside, the Tour is a superior device. Tour FTW!

07-15-09 08:56 AM
    Of course now I started reading up on the Storm 2......oh man, it might be worth the wait. I've always had issues with upgrading and then a better phone comes out within a month or two and I'm stuck with the old one.
    07-15-09 09:22 AM
    Yeah have to love technology
    07-15-09 03:33 PM
    Internet browsing stinks and keyboard is weird.
    BlackBerry Tour review

Check it out.

I love and agree with the pager part.

07-15-09 05:03 PM
    I went from the pearl to curve to storm and back to curve. I got a tour yesterday and I'm loving it way more than my curve. And I absolutely loved that phone.

07-15-09 05:20 PM
    I am about to purchase my first blackberry (yay!). I was planning to get a Curve 8330, but now that the Tour is out, I'm conflicted. I can get the Tour for the $199 YR price through Verizon. I will only be getting it for personal email, but may want to do enterprise later.

Anyone have any advice for which way to go? Or, could you point me to any comparisons of the curve to the tour? I've only found Tour vs. Bold so far.

Thanks so much any guidance!
    07-15-09 05:26 PM
    Start here, then here

07-15-09 06:14 PM
    After 3 days I am back to my curve from the Tour. Tour is definatly a nicer phone but not a significant of enough upgrade for me to justify. I will wait for the next qwerty BB for Verizon
    07-16-09 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD