i am switching from att to verizon and was wandering what the major problems with each phone. also what is good? i currently have a bold and it is great but att not so much. i do not email or txt that much, maybe 25 a day of each. i would like to try the storm for somthing different but heard about it not working properly at launch. have they got the major bugs worked out? which phone has better battery life? anything else that i have not asked about would be greatly appreciated. i will be getting one or the other on saturday. p.s. i know i can go to store and play with them but you do not get real life experience. that is how i ended up with a iphone 3g

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 02:56 PM
    Tour! how high are you?
    07-30-09 02:58 PM
    Just asking. I was on the storm forums and they act like it is working well now.

07-30-09 03:00 PM
    Oh, is the gps unlocked on either to use with google maps?

07-30-09 03:01 PM
    I would go with the tour honestly I've been through the storm and come out on the other end. It might be making strides in the right direction, but we're pretty far away.
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 07-30-09 at 03:10 PM.
    07-30-09 03:05 PM
    Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour. No doubt about it.

Especially since you're used to the speed and stability of your Bold.
    07-30-09 03:08 PM
    The Storm has unlocked GPS also, and the screen is bigger and better, BUT some just can't adjust to the on screen keyboard. Yes the problems have gotten much better, but as B&B is suggesting there still is SOME way to go. But 151 is pretty solid. (except for some theme issues)
    07-30-09 03:11 PM
    The Storm has unlocked GPS also, and the screen is bigger and better, BUT some just can't adjust to the on screen keyboard. Yes the problems have gotten much better, but as B&B is suggesting there still is SOME way to go. But 151 is pretty solid. (except for some theme issues)
    I liked the phone and the fact that the touch screen was so clean drew me in but its got issues. .151 is pretty sweet I've heard and who knows how much better the next few OS's will be.
    07-30-09 03:14 PM
    I'd have to say the only issue I've really had with my Storm is the fact that the screen got stiff on the bottom corners. Aside from that, I haven't had issues. Granted I'm not as picky as some users, the phone has been great for me. The whole screen touchscreen thing does take getting used to so keep that in mind.
    07-30-09 03:19 PM
    I would go with the Tour. I went through the Storm. I have heard it is getting better but there are still some issues. The screen on the Storm is beautiful though. Thats what drew me to it as well.
    07-30-09 03:22 PM
    Has anyone had problems with the tour trackball? I have read that on the tour forum but I don't know if they are just new to trackball's. I have not had any issues on my bold.
    I have also read about tour being laggy. I don't know if that was using the current os or not?

07-30-09 04:23 PM
    Has anyone had problems with the tour trackball? I have read that on the tour forum but I don't know if they are just new to trackball's. I have not had any issues on my bold.
    I have also read about tour being laggy. I don't know if that was using the current os or not?

There are some defective trackballs out. As far as laggy, I have not had that issue. I would say if either of these problems exist it just means you need to exchange the phone. If it was widespread then the OS could be the culprit, but it is not. None of the issues in the forums have been on my phone so there are good ones in circulation.
    07-30-09 04:28 PM
    Good deal. After how stable the bold is (kind of got me spoiled) I would like to get a bb that is pretty stable. Will be nice to have a better camera and double memory, but a little slower processor. Thanks for every ones input. Sounds like the tour is ahead. I would post this question on the phone forums but I believe that the reply's would be a little biased

07-30-09 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD