Has Verizon released OS 5.o for the Tour? I can't seem to get a straight answer.

If the answer is yes, where do I download it?

Thanks!
    02-23-10 09:19 PM
    Nope. Not yet. If you haven't found a straight answer, you haven't looked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 09:23 PM
    What is the deal with the hybrids then?

Sorry I am a "newbie". Lol.
    02-23-10 09:31 PM
    What is the deal with the hybrids then?

Sorry I am a "newbie". Lol.
    Hybrids are OS's that are devleoped and leaked by third party vendors and are not offically released. This means if you problems, then you are on your own for support of the device. A carrier will not support the device. TEchnically it does void your warr.
    Last edited by lastraid; 02-23-10 at 09:45 PM.
    02-23-10 09:36 PM
    Unless you know what you are doing, then go for it. If not, then wait a few more wks for the official to be released. Although there has not been a def date set. It will be soon! A lot of us think?

02-23-10 09:42 PM
    So if I want to run a Theme or App that needs OS 5.0 or higher to run am I S.O.L.?
    02-23-10 09:42 PM
    Thanks for the help gentlemen. I will wait it out.
    02-23-10 09:44 PM
    Seeing as you just got your Tour, good decision. 5 OS will be out soon enough.

02-23-10 09:53 PM
    Sprint has released 5.0 and it's perfectly fine to use it on the Verizon Tour, you just need to delete the vendor.xml file first from the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader directory.
    02-24-10 01:17 AM
    Do we have a list somewhere, concisely organized, that lists the significant differences in 5.x over 4.7? I have done tons of searching but haven't found one place/doc/list that does this.
    02-24-10 09:24 AM
    What the heck??? Just download 5.0.0.419 from mts mobility for the tour. I have a verizon tour as well and it works flawlessly. I asked verizon if installing this on my phone would void its warranty and they said no. The only potential issue would be if I had a problem with the phone down the road that could not be troubleshooted, I would have to back up my phone and go back to 4.7. Thats not going to happen. The tech support team knows what they're doing. The curve 8520 has 5.0 on it so they are familiar with how it operates...

Dont apologize for asking questions. No question is dumb. Now if you asked what the little yellow box was above the camera, then I think we would have problems!
    02-24-10 11:53 AM
    The great thing about DM, if you put an OS that just doesn't work, you can always revert and restore...
    02-24-10 12:55 PM
    [QUOTE=jfriend33;4729759]What the heck??? Just download 5.0.0.419 from mts mobility for the tour. I have a verizon tour as well and it works flawlessly. ]

Hey, where did u download that? I've been trying to find the .419 I downloaded the official one from sprint and I couldn't find the vender.xml file. It didn't show up anywhere on the computer and then the computer crashed. Thank goodness it wasn't my computer... Any help would be appreciated.

02-25-10 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD