As of today at least. I had the past 3 days off, but its there.
    we'll have camera and sans camera for those corp users!
    all the pricing grides are n/a but the vzw website shows retail 489.99

very exciting... I'm going to do some uber overtime so I can pick one up!

Keep you posted...
    obviously pre-order on verizonwireless.com
    but you guys knew that!
    What a relief and I cant wait.
    Last edited by heather.law; 07-02-09 at 11:55 AM.
    07-02-09 11:52 AM
    Is pre-ordering with an upgrade still broken? Last I checked you could only pre-order if you were a new customer or adding a line of service.... It's supposed to be fixed soon though, right?
    07-02-09 12:06 PM
    Why are people so shook up with this pre-ordering?? You'll get it faster by going to the store on the 12th. If you pre-order you have to wait on the shipping company and you know how that goes.
    07-02-09 12:19 PM
    Actually, no - pre-orders typically will arrive on the day of release. Pre-order with enough stock and the device is shipped out the day before to you.

In my case, since FedEx/UPS/DHL all hit before 9:30, I would get a pre-order before a store purchase. And I'd not have to deal with the dopes in the store, on either side of the counter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 12:53 PM
    Actually, no - pre-orders typically will arrive on the day of release. Pre-order with enough stock and the device is shipped out the day before to you.

In my case, since FedEx/UPS/DHL all hit before 9:30, I would get a pre-order before a store purchase. And I'd not have to deal with the dopes in the store, on either side of the counter.

I think the reason they say that is because the phone is being released on the 12th.. that is a sunday

most places do not get deliverys on a sunday..

meaning you will be lucky to get it on the 14th.. and possibly later as shipments are being shipped on the 13th.
    07-02-09 12:58 PM
    Most pre-orders online will not get sat del... which means that you will get the device on monday.. so why not go to your local store and pick one up.. Ya will have a good time and hopefully meet some other crackberry peeps..
    07-02-09 01:06 PM

I don't think UPS etc.. Will be delivering on Sunday even to get the Tour into half crazed bb addicts hands

07-02-09 01:29 PM
    And to think - I thought the rumors had the release on 07/13.

I guess the few states that still have blue laws prohibiting the sale of many items on Sunday will be left out if this thing hits on a Sunday.

07-02-09 01:35 PM
    And to think - I thought the rumors had the release on 07/13.

I guess the few states that still have blue laws prohibiting the sale of many items on Sunday will be left out if this thing hits on a Sunday.

the rumors were the 13th but to be off by a day from months out and have it be a day earlier...

is pretty incredible..

is there really a law somewhere that things can't be sold on a sunday?
    07-02-09 02:24 PM
    Is pre-ordering with an upgrade still broken? Last I checked you could only pre-order if you were a new customer or adding a line of service.... It's supposed to be fixed soon though, right?
    Last I heard the upgrade link is still broken. We were just talking about it at break.
    Telesales is working around it though. I cant say how, but they are doing it.
    07-02-09 02:28 PM
    Oh it's nice looking in equipment guide.
    07-02-09 03:57 PM
    is there really a law somewhere that things can't be sold on a sunday?
    Yes - and still in effect in many states.

When I lived in Texas (late seventies/early eighties), they had a Blue Law. They repealed most or all of it somewhere around 1985 or so. You couldn't buy a car or alcoholic beverages, and some were rather bizarre. You could buy a hammer, but not nails. You could buy a wired phone, but not a phone cable and not a cordless phone.

I found a decent explanation at Answers.com that gives a fairly rounded, if incomplete, overview:

blue law: Definition from Answers.com

As a sidenote, I called two stores here - both gave me July 13 as the release for the Tour. With one, I told them rumor had the 12th and was told they don't release devices on Sunday.

07-02-09 03:59 PM
    seems to be working now to upgrade order.
    07-02-09 04:30 PM
    I feel very pathetic... I was thinking about the Tour so much yesterday that I even DREAMT about it last night. Such lovely dreams... dancing blackberries in my head! AH...
    Boyfriend was jealous
    07-03-09 10:09 AM
    Yes - and still in effect in many states.

When I lived in Texas (late seventies/early eighties), they had a Blue Law. They repealed most or all of it somewhere around 1985 or so. You couldn't buy a car or alcoholic beverages, and some were rather bizarre. You could buy a hammer, but not nails. You could buy a wired phone, but not a phone cable and not a cordless phone.

I found a decent explanation at Answers.com that gives a fairly rounded, if incomplete, overview:

blue law: Definition from Answers.com

As a sidenote, I called two stores here - both gave me July 13 as the release for the Tour. With one, I told them rumor had the 12th and was told they don't release devices on Sunday.

Where I am, pretty much all phones launch on Sundays (I get to do all the merchandising and stay late on Saturdays... yay!).
    07-03-09 07:28 PM
    My dummy tour came in today... looks amazing! anyone else get theirs?
    07-03-09 07:31 PM
    Like I said I have one better I have used the real thing
    07-03-09 08:39 PM
    You are one lucky person. Cant wait, check the in transit report every day in hopes that it is coming.... it isnt
    07-03-09 08:40 PM
    There is one AD and one Data consultant that reside in our center that have them. Good to have friends in high places
    07-03-09 08:45 PM
    There is one AD and one Data consultant that reside in our center that have them. Good to have friends in high places
    My DSC doesnt have one... I was just pretending the dummy worked.... Lame, but the best i could do
    07-03-09 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD