Years ago, I got the first Verizon Blackberry "World Phone", which had one serious problem: whenever I received an incoming call while I was on another call (so call waiting), the phone would hang up. I couldn't continue either call, and the only fix was to reset the phone.

I've since had to switch to AT&T for work support reasons, but my wife recently got a Verizon Tour. Here we are, years later, different Blackberry, different car (hers is a Lexus, mine was a BMW), and the exact same issue! I've probably had 10 different blackberries over the years, and this is these two Verizon phones are the only ones with this problem. I've searched extensively for someone else with this problem and can't find anything, though when I had the problem on my old "World Phone" it was widely reported as an issue. I must be searching incorrectly and missing something.

Anyone familiar with this issue, and most importantly, aware of a fix? It's driving my wife nuts.
    02-08-10 07:06 AM
    How are you switching calls? I have a world phone also a Storm2 and I don't have this problem. I use the green call button or one of the on screen buttons.
    02-08-10 09:09 AM
    PK may be on to something. If the issue is occurring again and only to you, the fix may be getting the user manual and learning how to use call waiting.
    02-08-10 09:31 AM
    Happens to my wife, in her car, and me, in my car. Just spoke to a colleague at my firm, who had the same problem with his Tour. He said a Wireless Upgrade of his phone fixed the issue. I've tried Wireless Upgrading my wife's phone but it says it's up to date. Someone else must have had this problem...

To be clear, the problem doesn't require switching the call. As soon as a call waiting call comes in, the phone is done. If my wife is on a call, and a second call comes in, it rings, then phone hangs, and requires reboot.
    02-08-10 08:33 PM
    02-08-10 08:41 PM
    Happens to my wife, in her car, and me, in my car. Just spoke to a colleague at my firm, who had the same problem with his Tour. He said a Wireless Upgrade of his phone fixed the issue. I've tried Wireless Upgrading my wife's phone but it says it's up to date. Someone else must have had this problem...

To be clear, the problem doesn't require switching the call. As soon as a call waiting call comes in, the phone is done. If my wife is on a call, and a second call comes in, it rings, then phone hangs, and requires reboot.
    Update it using the software from vzam.net and go through BB desktop manager if you can't do the wireless upgrade.
    02-09-10 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD