I normally do not post in two forums, but I felt this to be important.

This happened to me
    09-18-09 08:41 PM
    Somewhere, months ago, I posted of this very behavior. No one listens.

Sorry it happened to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 10:48 PM
    No Biggie. I have my curve and the tour is getting replaced. Just wanted to let others know about this.

Life is not over not having a phone for me. All will be well again next week
    09-18-09 10:56 PM
    Well, look at it this way - you'll be one phone closer to a Multi-FRU!

I have to call someone to get him off of here. I may be back later.

09-18-09 11:34 PM
    Update - after a good night sleep, I ran BBSAK and tried the reload the new OS again. This time I am glad to report SUCCESS! The tour is back up and running and all is working. Just have some fine tuning to do.
    My only concern right not as it appears I am only getting 1X not 1XEV and I am working htis as well.

UPDATE: Did a manual activation and 1XEV is now working fine.
    Last edited by lastraid; 09-19-09 at 09:31 AM.
    09-19-09 09:16 AM
    Glad it worked out for you. Seemed like you overreacted there...
    09-19-09 11:11 AM
    Not really an overreaction - he had to use a third-party app to correct his problem. This is a problem inherent in the BlackBerry upgrade process.

Now let's just say lastraid wasn't an enthusiast and didn't sleep every night with a VZW rep. He would still be stuck.

Upgrades shouldn't be this risky & problematic.

09-19-09 04:58 PM
    WOW! mod closed this thread, open again? cool.

In the old days (wanton youth), I would have overreacted. A phone is just not worth it.

Twins you are correct, while this is the first time this has happend to me and I have done numrous upgrades. Figures I would would try the fixes posted here as I had nothing better to do at the time.

I will not be accepting the replacement unit when it arrives.
    09-19-09 05:06 PM
    Okay so similar things happened to me last night. I tried 10-13 times trying every which way to get it to load, and nothing. But I did see some weird stuff go on...

1. A two quick flash of the LED in red but phone would not turn on or boot... Device would do nothing.... never seen tis on other devices....
    2. Never got a 5XX error but I did get Java error of some sort, with in the background it showed a very plain menu, saying phone, messages, options and a few others. Which I would have had a spare camera..

But to this day I can't get the .53 leaked version which is the same, to load. I have wiped, used DM, Loader, you name it. Even used JL and BBSAK. Nothing...

But I was able to catch the device in the RAM start up and load .40 and did a restore of info..

Weird.....
    09-19-09 05:17 PM
    Yester, try this. I have done this with success as the device is not seen by the dm. This has worked twice for me now. Hoot the device to the cable without the battery in it. You should hear the the chime that the computer has found the device, then insert the battery.

Then I went into the DM and it will not see the pin, but it allowed me to install the .53.

Personally, I think this error may happen as the upgrade does try to back up third party apps and when putting them back on , something happens. Just a thought. From now on when I do upgrades, I will back everything, wipe then do the install.

Just a though on my part.
    09-19-09 05:29 PM
    I did that as well......

Yester, try this. I have done this with success as the device is not seen by the dm. This has worked twice for me now. Hoot the device to the cable without the battery in it. You should hear the the chime that the computer has found the device, then insert the battery.

Then I went into the DM and it will not see the pin, but it allowed me to install the .53.

Personally, I think this error may happen as the upgrade does try to back up third party apps and when putting them back on , something happens. Just a thought. From now on when I do upgrades, I will back everything, wipe then do the install.

Just a though on my part.
    09-19-09 05:31 PM
    I did that as well......
    Bummer, but it sounds like you got the original back on and running. It appears from what I have been reading that RIM has pulled the upgrade.
    09-19-09 05:36 PM
    Bummer, but it sounds like you got the original back on and running. It appears from what I have been reading that RIM has pulled the upgrade.
    Ya I used that way to get .40 back on. But tried .53 that way and did not work.. Ya I reported it around 7am... I was messing with it again this morning and noticed it was not showing up....

Let them fix what needs to be fixed and get it out....

Good solid 5.0 would be nice
    09-19-09 05:39 PM
    Ya I used that way to get .40 back on. But tried .53 that way and did not work.. Ya I reported it around 7am... I was messing with it again this morning and noticed it was not showing up....

Let them fix what needs to be fixed and get it out....

Good solid 5.0 would be nice
    Solid being ghte key word, I would not hold my breath. So far it is working fine on mine, no major differnces. Radio might be a tad bit better, but I will monitor this over the next few days.
    09-19-09 06:56 PM
    *sigh* How disappointing. I was almost ready to pull the trigger and buy the Tour again since people are reporting .53 fixed the bluetooth problems (and hoped most of the bad Tours with hardware issues moved out of circulation).
    09-19-09 08:44 PM
    *sigh* How disappointing. I was almost ready to pull the trigger and buy the Tour again since people are reporting .53 fixed the bluetooth problems (and hoped most of the bad Tours with hardware issues moved out of circulation).
    I have had not problem with b/t - it was challenge to get .53 ont he device, but it is done and working fine. I would wait a bit though, as I amsure that stock most likely does nothave .53 on it yet.
    09-19-09 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD