01-05-10 07:13 PM
37 12
tools
    EDIT: Christine got banned so hopefully she won't come back and continue her spewing of unethical garbage all over... What a shame...
    She's banned? There is a Santa!!!
    12-24-09 11:35 AM
    Come on guys!
    12-24-09 11:48 AM
    I'd like to know where you're gaining all this information about internal Verizon policies and procedures; and incorrect information at that.

At no point did I say that the OP won't get a Storm2, in fact, I believe I stated that it was likely the OP was going to get a new Tour or one of the Storm models.

As for the Multi-FRU... The rep can say no, and 99% of the time, his or her answer will hold strong. Sure the customer can ask to speak to a supervisor, but for nearly every situation the supervisor will back their representative, unless they're really in the wrong...

I'm trying to let the OP know what different options he/she may be given, so if the phone isn't replaced with the phone he/she had hoped, there won't be as much disappointment...

Now you and Christine can continue to post thinking you know everything about the Multi-FRU, but hopefully readers are smart enough to realize taking advice from either of you two is a mistake...

EDIT: Christine got banned so hopefully she won't come back and continue her spewing of unethical garbage all over... What a shame...

I gained all my info working as an ASM for a verizon corp store. Trust me i know my facts about vzw.Here is how I look at the whole deal, the storm is unsuccessful bottom line. Now we can all agree that many many storms where replaced. Yes some people are just fine with them but many many many people including vzw employees have had issues with the storm. Heres the thing, vzw is HUGE and I mean the leading cell provider in the USA. What verizon is doing is just plain good customer service. VZW has the BEST customer service. Its more benifitial for verizon to swap a phone while still being in guidlines. Trust me, vzw has great customer relations, its worth it for vzw to offer the "like device" to resolve issues the customer is having. Many people spend hundreds of dollars every month for cell bills. If a customer is happy a customer will repeat business, again good customer relations. The key for a complany to succeed is to lead in making customers feel good. Verizon isnt wasting money under the multi fru. If anything it costs them more to keep sending out bad storms. With all that said lets get back to saying "like device" Let me say that I strongly dont believe its right for a customer to go from a blackberry to a droid of any kind. Add a line if you want to do that. I just feel that if a customer has issues with a phone that it should be replaced with a good working device. Nobody is going to be happy with a faulty device and a 200.00 dollar phone bill but in my case I have a storm 2 now that works properly and im continueing business with vzw and I will remain doing so.
    12-24-09 05:43 PM
    See right here is proof you don't know what your talking about. When the fru question is brought up its NOT the reps decision. It goes to the supervisor for the approval. Then is relayed back to the rep, if you want to post here get your facts straight first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Actually, we are told to give the first option of the phone in the matrix, and not necessary give the customer the choice. alot of call centers like mine in itself - they have been really strict on what to give, and when to give it. Keep in mind, even if you've had 3 replacements, if you haven't had any of those within 90 days of your FIRST replacement, usually it won't happen for a mult-fru. again depends on who you're talking to, what center, and what they do per their VZW contract.
    12-24-09 06:48 PM
    Actually, we are told to give the first option of the phone in the matrix, and not necessary give the customer the choice. alot of call centers like mine in itself - they have been really strict on what to give, and when to give it. Keep in mind, even if you've had 3 replacements, if you haven't had any of those within 90 days of your FIRST replacement, usually it won't happen for a mult-fru. again depends on who you're talking to, what center, and what they do per their VZW contract.
    Very true, the matrix for blackberry is the curve, tour, storm1 and storm 2. Your very right in needing to have replaced 3 devices in a 90 day period to qualify. What call center do you work at? Like I've said before, the eastern centers are usually the nicest.

12-24-09 07:01 PM
    mhm... i'm in Boise. I tend to think i'm very fair on the phones when talking with customers. I hate to be treated poorly when i'm talking to X company, so I try to be fair every way. Either way, hope this guy gets what he was told he'll get & not get a rep that wont do it.

i have ran into a issue where an order i've placed has been rejected, only because the coding of replacement devices have been marked wrong by other reps/stores - it sucks. I wish everyone was on the same page when replacing devices
    12-24-09 07:17 PM
    mhm... i'm in Boise. I tend to think i'm very fair on the phones when talking with customers. I hate to be treated poorly when i'm talking to X company, so I try to be fair every way. Either way, hope this guy gets what he was told he'll get & not get a rep that wont do it.

i have ran into a issue where an order i've placed has been rejected, only because the coding of replacement devices have been marked wrong by other reps/stores - it sucks. I wish everyone was on the same page when replacing devices
    Very true, you appear to be a good rep with GREAT customer service. All I can day is thank you and keep it up. I've had a lot of great customer service from vzw and while working for vzw I always pushed good customer service.

12-24-09 07:33 PM
    I'd like to know where you're gaining all this information about internal Verizon policies and procedures; and incorrect information at that.

At no point did I say that the OP won't get a Storm2, in fact, I believe I stated that it was likely the OP was going to get a new Tour or one of the Storm models.

As for the Multi-FRU... The rep can say no, and 99% of the time, his or her answer will hold strong. Sure the customer can ask to speak to a supervisor, but for nearly every situation the supervisor will back their representative, unless they're really in the wrong...

I'm trying to let the OP know what different options he/she may be given, so if the phone isn't replaced with the phone he/she had hoped, there won't be as much disappointment...

Now you and Christine can continue to post thinking you know everything about the Multi-FRU, but hopefully readers are smart enough to realize taking advice from either of you two is a mistake...

I give options and advice that you may not agree with, but it doesn't make it unethical or garbage.

12-27-09 02:20 PM
    When going through training at my call center, I was told to offer the customer a choice if there is more than one option on the multi-fru matrix, as offering the choice tends to help turn the frustrated customer into a promoter. But there does seem to be some slight differences in call centers, not to mention mine is an outsource.
    12-27-09 06:44 PM
    When going through training at my call center, I was told to offer the customer a choice if there is more than one option on the multi-fru matrix, as offering the choice tends to help turn the frustrated customer into a promoter. But there does seem to be some slight differences in call centers, not to mention mine is an outsource.
    You sir, have great customer service and great customer relations. Keep it up! Your proof that everything I've been saying is the truth. Read through my posts and you will see why. Its not about being cheated, its about building customer base and keeping customers. Customers pay for your paycheck, withouth them you wouldn't be working!

Last edited by suby723; 12-27-09 at 07:06 PM.
    12-27-09 07:03 PM
    I have been through 6 of them since July all manufacturers defects! I went into a retail store last night and the Tech gave me two options the first a new Tour or the Curve 2. I deemed it unacceptable because the Curve 2 is no way comparable to the Tour. So he advised me to call Customer Service and see what they would do. Well with no questions asked and no arguments or yelling and screaming I will be getting the Storm 2 on Thursday! just to make people aware though the FRU Matrix for the Tour will be the Curve 2!
    01-05-10 06:45 PM
    I have been through 6 of them since July all manufacturers defects! I went into a retail store last night and the Tech gave me two options the first a new Tour or the Curve 2. I deemed it unacceptable because the Curve 2 is no way comparable to the Tour. So he advised me to call Customer Service and see what they would do. Well with no questions asked and no arguments or yelling and screaming I will be getting the Storm 2 on Thursday! just to make people aware though the FRU Matrix for the Tour will be the Curve 2!
    Wrong! It is not a Curve 2......
    01-05-10 07:13 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD