01-05-10 06:13 PM
37 12
tools
    i am on my 3rd tour got my latest one today out of the box the trackball is messed up, the cs tech last time said if i had any more issues w/ the replacement i would be eligible for a multi fru... my ? is what do they consider to be equal to a tour?
    hopin someone know so when i call tommorrow i dont have to hesitate on whch device to switch too..
    for sure i should have the option of any blackberry i would assume... any other smartphones or just BB..
    12-23-09 01:13 AM
    First off... Don't count on being able to switch phones, they may just offer you a new in box Tour before a different device...

If they do offer you a different model, depending on the rep, it will likely be a Storm, maybe a Storm2, but they definitely won't just offer you a different smartphone out of the BlackBerry family... And the reason why I say depending on the rep is because most reps should tell you which phone you can exchange for, a few might give you the option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 01:40 AM
    oh ok the rep told me theyd get me into a device that wasnt the tour thats the only reason i ask
    12-23-09 01:50 AM
    Well then hopefully they honor that, though if they didn't put that in the notes, its possible they won't. They've been cracking down on just giving out free phones recently, so don't be surprised if you have to go through some troubleshooting, or they even may have you go to a store so they can see that the trackball is in fact acting up...

Good luck

12-23-09 02:09 AM
    You can just get that other global blackberry with a keyboard and camera.....

12-23-09 09:21 AM
    Don't listen to R.O.C he likes to think that the multi fru is some higher up privilege or something. You won't have any problems and they won't put you in a Storm 1 it will be a Storm 2.

12-23-09 09:42 AM
    It could also be a new Tour.
    12-23-09 09:45 AM
    It could also be a new Tour.
    Not if they said it wouldn't be. Pay attention Mario.

12-23-09 10:01 AM
    Not if they said it wouldn't be. Pay attention Mario.

Then it won't be, don't get so hurt. Because its one of two phones, a new Tour or a second choice. All I said is it could be a new Tour, not that it would be. Merry Christmas.
    12-23-09 10:07 AM
    The multi fru is actually something that isn't a given. A store manager still has the ability to decline one... I know this has been said but one person on this forum believes it's something that is handed out normally.
    12-23-09 11:15 AM
    The multi fru is actually something that isn't a given. A store manager still has the ability to decline one... I know this has been said but one person on this forum believes it's something that is handed out normally.
    That's because I personally have never had a problem getting one done nor have I known anyone to have a problem.

12-23-09 11:46 AM
    Don't listen to R.O.C he likes to think that the multi fru is some higher up privilege or something. You won't have any problems and they won't put you in a Storm 1 it will be a Storm 2.

That's because I personally have never had a problem getting one done nor have I known anyone to have a problem.

Yes of course... You're all knowing because in your personal experience you've never had an issue... Very reliable...

I'm not going to tell the OP not to listen to you, but if the OP has read any of your posts, hopefully he'll realize that you have yet to give out any good advice... The advice you give has been unethical and borderline fraudulent...

To the OP... You will most likely get another BlackBerry, whether its a new Tour, or one of the Storm models, is up to the rep you speak to, regardless of what Chris thinks, its likely not going to be another brand of smart phone...
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 12-23-09 at 01:18 PM.
    12-23-09 01:15 PM
    Its not just MY personal experience its also that of others I've seen here and know in person. My advice is only bad in YOUR opinion and others that share your views, however, some may find it good. You shouldn't speak for everyone.

12-23-09 02:37 PM
    It's going to be one of the phones that's in the approved devices matrix. Probably will be a new Tour or one of the Storms. The only way you'll know for sure what your options are is to call and ask a rep for yourself.
    12-23-09 04:00 PM

ROC needs to take a step back from his little ego. Vzw will offer you a s2 for a replacement if you haven't multi fru'd already. But again don't listen to ROC he just likes to think he knows what he's saying.y

12-23-09 04:01 PM
    Not given you say!? OK please explain to me how I got both my storm lines fru'd to 9550's! Don't act like your vzw because you are very very wrong. I would also like to say that the AZ call center is ****, they have horrible customer service. Call early in the day and get an eastern call center.

Last edited by suby723; 12-23-09 at 04:15 PM.
    12-23-09 04:06 PM
    It all depends on the store. It may have happened for some and it wont happen for orhers. Its more likely to happen if you are within your first 90.
    12-23-09 04:08 PM
    First off... Don't count on being able to switch phones, they may just offer you a new in box Tour before a different device...

If they do offer you a different model, depending on the rep, it will likely be a Storm, maybe a Storm2, but they definitely won't just offer you a different smartphone out of the BlackBerry family... And the reason why I say depending on the rep is because most reps should tell you which phone you can exchange for, a few might give you the option.

See right here is proof you don't know what your talking about. When the fru question is brought up its NOT the reps decision. It goes to the supervisor for the approval. Then is relayed back to the rep, if you want to post here get your facts straight first.

12-23-09 04:10 PM
    It all depends on the store. It may have happened for some and it wont happen for orhers. Its more likely to happen if you are within your first 90.
    Nope, I got my storms replaced to the s2's after 7 months of faulty devices being sent to me.

12-23-09 04:12 PM
    Not given you say!? OK please explain to me how I got both my storm lines fru'd to 9550's! Don't act like your vzw because you are very very wrong.

I don't think they were saying that a multifru is something that's NEVER given out. I think they are just saying that its not something that the company is required to do. Its in their policy to provide this exchange if the person requests it and is qualified for one. And for the record, ROC doesn't have a huge ego (just a mid-sized one ). Just because someone is right about a lot of things doesn't mean they're all full of themselves.
    12-23-09 04:15 PM
    See right here is proof you don't know what your talking about. When the fru question is brought up its NOT the reps decision. It goes to the supervisor for the approval. Then is relayed back to the rep, if you want to post here get your facts straight first.

That's also incorrect information YOU provided. A rep can apporve one without going to a supervisor. Maybe you should take your own advice. And don't try to tell me that I'm wrong about this because I do it at work every other day.
    12-23-09 04:16 PM
    That's also incorrect information YOU provided. A rep can apporve one without going to a supervisor. Maybe you should take your own advice. And don't try to tell me that I'm wrong about this because I do it at work every other day.
    You are wrong, a supervisor is needed while let's say going from a storm to an s2. That is of you want to get fired, be my guest.

12-23-09 04:23 PM
    ROC needs to take a step back from his little ego. Vzw will offer you a s2 for a replacement if you haven't multi fru'd already. But again don't listen to ROC he just likes to think he knows what he's saying.y

I'd like to know where you're gaining all this information about internal Verizon policies and procedures; and incorrect information at that.

At no point did I say that the OP won't get a Storm2, in fact, I believe I stated that it was likely the OP was going to get a new Tour or one of the Storm models.

As for the Multi-FRU... The rep can say no, and 99% of the time, his or her answer will hold strong. Sure the customer can ask to speak to a supervisor, but for nearly every situation the supervisor will back their representative, unless they're really in the wrong...

I'm trying to let the OP know what different options he/she may be given, so if the phone isn't replaced with the phone he/she had hoped, there won't be as much disappointment...

Now you and Christine can continue to post thinking you know everything about the Multi-FRU, but hopefully readers are smart enough to realize taking advice from either of you two is a mistake...

EDIT: Christine got banned so hopefully she won't come back and continue her spewing of unethical garbage all over... What a shame...
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 12-24-09 at 07:21 AM.
    12-24-09 07:17 AM
    Merry Christmas all, peace of Earth and good will to all! That's what she said!
    12-24-09 07:58 AM
    Not given you say!? OK please explain to me how I got both my storm lines fru'd to 9550's! Don't act like your vzw because you are very very wrong. I would also like to say that the AZ call center is ****, they have horrible customer service. Call early in the day and get an eastern call center.

You sir are incorrect in your ASSUMPTIONS. Is the policy there, yes it is. Is the policy used for RETENTION purposes, yes it is. Can the policy be denied if the supervisor or manager see's fit to say no...YES HE/SHE CAN.

Simply because you have had your phones swapped into a new device under this policy doesn't mean it will happen every single time, so please do not begin to think you know more about the internal workings of Verizon than I do. I'm not stating I know everything about them because it is a company that changes every single day, however I do know this policy in and out due to people coming in from hearing about it and asking for it every day I work. I'm not one of the manager's that turns every single multi-fru down, however there are many many people that try to abuse the policy.

So again, don't assume that because you have been with our company for x amount of years and pay x amount of dollars for your service that you will be given whatever it is you want. Yes we will take care of you as best as we can, but when a customer (not in this instance, however I see it everyday) comes in with phone issues and states they have had multiple phones replaced and need a new one..only to find that they are still on their first device, then I'm not required by any means to automatically give out a new phone.
    12-24-09 10:34 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD