07-31-09 08:02 AM
159 ... 4567
tools
    I threatened to leave for att and the i phone, and they gave me an early upgrade . 6 months early
    07-22-09 02:42 AM
    I threatened to leave for att and the i phone, and they gave me an early upgrade . 6 months early
    That gets old. I can promise it's nowhere near as effective as you may think.
    07-22-09 07:26 AM
    My boss upgrades his phones all the time. Either upgrades a different line that is eligible or if it's within 6 months to 9 months, Verizon makes him pay an additional $50 to do the upgrade early. But they always do it for him.
    07-22-09 07:43 AM
    1. Could be your award winning attitude.

2. 4 Storms? That's on you.
    An you make an assumption about my attitude. You know what happens when you assume, right?

Please tell me how four storms are "on me?" The need for replacement was initiated each time by VZW support?

Help this poor noob out, mr. vet... I'm anxiously waiting....
    07-22-09 09:07 AM
    I guess I just don't understand why people feel they are entitled to a phone when they aren't elgible? If I read one more time that "because i'm a loyal customer", i'm going to scream. Do you call your power company and tell them "well, i've been paying my light bill for 10 years, can I get a free month of service?" Do you call the people who finance your car and say"Won't you throw in a free month or better yet, can I just get a car for free?" No... but yet people feel the need to call their phone company and have the gall to be upset when no one bends the rules for them and make them elgible for something they aren't entitled to...I just don't get it. Smh at it all...
    Sorry... the analogy doesn't translate. I had no issue with VZW's "service" (like electricity) I had an issue with a device, endorsed by VZW, that I had a level of expectation that it would work adequately. I had a lemon. You have lemon laws for cars... perhaps we should have lemon laws for the rest of the world too.

At the end, I was running a stripped down storm (no extraneous apps or anything) just the OS (.141) and it would still hang, crash, clock, etc. As I had said in a previous post, I was questioning the inconsistancy of phone support vs. a corporate store.
    07-22-09 09:14 AM
    Fact right there you go into a contract with the phone you pick, you want to get the newest "hottest" phone the day it comes out instead of waiting for the reviews its par for the course. You dont go to a car dealership when they come out with the next model and expect that for free because it works better and is shinier, don't expect a cell phone company to honor that either...
    07-22-09 09:36 AM
    Sorry... the analogy doesn't translate. I had no issue with VZW's "service" (like electricity) I had an issue with a device, endorsed by VZW, that I had a level of expectation that it would work adequately. I had a lemon. You have lemon laws for cars... perhaps we should have lemon laws for the rest of the world too.

At the end, I was running a stripped down storm (no extraneous apps or anything) just the OS (.141) and it would still hang, crash, clock, etc. As I had said in a previous post, I was questioning the inconsistancy of phone support vs. a corporate store.
    now you are just arguing semantics, and people always do.

Fact is, you purchased a phone, that has a warranty, if you dont want it switched out for the same device, you have to purchase that device.

I dont understand why people think this concept is hard to grasp.

If the people in the store, did this all the time, they would not only lose money for themselves, but also maybe their jobs. But hey, I guess their familes shouldnt eat, because you purchased a phone you didnt like.
    07-22-09 10:35 AM
    Fact right there you go into a contract with the phone you pick, you want to get the newest "hottest" phone the day it comes out instead of waiting for the reviews its par for the course. You dont go to a car dealership when they come out with the next model and expect that for free because it works better and is shinier, don't expect a cell phone company to honor that either...
    But if said car spends most of it's time in the shop, atleast you have some recourse.
    07-22-09 10:46 AM
    now you are just arguing semantics, and people always do.

Fact is, you purchased a phone, that has a warranty, if you dont want it switched out for the same device, you have to purchase that device.

I dont understand why people think this concept is hard to grasp.

If the people in the store, did this all the time, they would not only lose money for themselves, but also maybe their jobs. But hey, I guess their familes shouldnt eat, because you purchased a phone you didnt like.
    How am I arguing semantics? I tried the warranty route. Thus four storms. At some point there has to be some realization by VZW that the product was flawed. Buyer beware? Sure. But Verizon should have been more willing (at least from a face to face standpoint) to do something about an obviously flawed product.

Again, all I'm saying is there is an inconsistancy between the store and the folks you talk to on the phone.
    07-22-09 10:50 AM
    But if said car spends most of it's time in the shop, atleast you have some recourse.
    Not always. Only in states with automotive lemon laws would that be covered. Even in those, the onus lies with the manufacturer and not the dealer/seller. Badmouth and harass rim, not verizon.

No states have laws regarding lemon cell phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 01:48 PM
    How am I arguing semantics? I tried the warranty route. Thus four storms. At some point there has to be some realization by VZW that the product was flawed. Buyer beware? Sure. But Verizon should have been more willing (at least from a face to face standpoint) to do something about an obviously flawed product.

Again, all I'm saying is there is an inconsistancy between the store and the folks you talk to on the phone.
    Of course there is a difference.

No one is a robot at verizon, people say things different ways, and get different outlook on things.
    07-22-09 02:13 PM
    I'm confused about the "add a new line" trick...how can you add a new line, buy the Tour and avoid paying two $30 Data plans a month? Did you do this online or in the store?

Any help would be much appreciated!
    07-22-09 05:45 PM
    Of course there is a difference.

No one is a robot at verizon, people say things different ways, and get different outlook on things.
    Let me see if you can understand this.

Store - no how, no way, can't help you. (Three different corporate stores)
    Phone cs - we value you as a customer, let's see what we can do. Tour in hand now, storm for sale on ebay.

I say there was a very "robotic" attitude in the store. Yet, they both entities are verizon, are they not?

07-22-09 05:52 PM
    Let me see if you can understand this.

Store - no how, no way, can't help you. (Three different corporate stores)
    Phone cs - we value you as a customer, let's see what we can do. Tour in hand now, storm for sale on ebay.

I say there was a very "robotic" attitude in the store. Yet, they both entities are verizon, are they not?

Seriously? You are angry at a store who follows plicy and wont give you a break on a phone you purchased?

And yes they are both entities of verizon, so honestly, they should all have told you no.

Do you go to McDonalds and tell them "the last four chicken sandwiches i had were horrible, so give me a burger for free"

Also, why is it that someone "values you as a customer" because they actually give you your bottle when you are crying?

Its just them trying to get you off the phone, so they dont have to deal with you, nothing more nothing less.
    07-23-09 10:13 AM
    Seriously? You are angry at a store who follows plicy and wont give you a break on a phone you purchased?

And yes they are both entities of verizon, so honestly, they should all have told you no.

Do you go to McDonalds and tell them "the last four chicken sandwiches i had were horrible, so give me a burger for free"

Also, why is it that someone "values you as a customer" because they actually give you your bottle when you are crying?

Its just them trying to get you off the phone, so they dont have to deal with you, nothing more nothing less.
    To follow your analogy, if the four sandwiches were, in some way, flawed, I would expect McDonalds to give me another, no? And again, following your analogy, why should the response I get at the counter be different that what I received through, say, the drive thru?

Trying to follow your logic on "getting me off the phone" here too. CS on the phone helped me out. At no point did they attempt to not try and help me out.

Oh, I also don't ever said I was ANGRY at the store attitude. I was confused by the inconsistancy. Again, you haven't addressed that point, either.
    07-23-09 10:31 AM
    To follow your analogy, if the four sandwiches were, in some way, flawed, I would expect McDonalds to give me another, no? And again, following your analogy, why should the response I get at the counter be different that what I received through, say, the drive thru?

Trying to follow your logic on "getting me off the phone" here too. CS on the phone helped me out. At no point did they attempt to not try and help me out.

Oh, I also don't ever said I was ANGRY at the store attitude. I was confused by the inconsistancy. Again, you haven't addressed that point, either.
    But the sandwich wouldnt be free? Or discounted, because of your decision correct?

Second, if you talked to a different person at the drive thru then at the checkout line, maybe the person at the checkout line cares more about the company, or doesnt believe in giving out handouts.

What you were asking for someone to do is make a judgment call(does the guy deserve a tour because of his issues with his storm).

Policy dictates you arent, and you are asking a multitude of people to bypass that policy. And like any other line of work, that comes down to what the person feels.

If your wife gives to a charity, and then the charity calls your house, and says "hey your wife said you will write us a check for $1000.00, would you just write, it, or talk to your wife first? If you found out that its not the best intrest in your household to give the thousand, do you just say "well, you promised them honey, so I have to write it.

I hope this answers your questions, because thats as clear as I can make it.

Oh, and the get me off the phone thing is easy, its easier for a rep to tell you to go to the store, because the chances of them getting you again is really small, while in the store, you actually have a name and face, and you know where the person is at least 40 hours of their week.
    07-23-09 12:37 PM
    But the sandwich wouldnt be free? Or discounted, because of your decision correct?

Second, if you talked to a different person at the drive thru then at the checkout line, maybe the person at the checkout line cares more about the company, or doesnt believe in giving out handouts.

What you were asking for someone to do is make a judgment call(does the guy deserve a tour because of his issues with his storm).

Policy dictates you arent, and you are asking a multitude of people to bypass that policy. And like any other line of work, that comes down to what the person feels.

If your wife gives to a charity, and then the charity calls your house, and says "hey your wife said you will write us a check for $1000.00, would you just write, it, or talk to your wife first? If you found out that its not the best intrest in your household to give the thousand, do you just say "well, you promised them honey, so I have to write it.

I hope this answers your questions, because thats as clear as I can make it.

Oh, and the get me off the phone thing is easy, its easier for a rep to tell you to go to the store, because the chances of them getting you again is really small, while in the store, you actually have a name and face, and you know where the person is at least 40 hours of their week.
    So you're saying that if said "sandwich" was flawed, I'd have to pay for another one??????????????????????? Wow... that's a good one. As to counter vs. drive thru it's not a matter of who cares about what, it's a matter of what training or information or POLICY an employee follows.

As to store vs. phone, I'll pretty much stick to the phone over the face to face. What's the point of passing a name of a face at a store to anyone? Who's the anyone i'm supposed pass any positive or negative feedback too anyway? If they're follow said managements edict, it's pointless to confront any sort of supervisor.

Oh.. as to the charity analogy... again, putting words in my mouth. I never, ever said they promised me anything. Again, it goes to the fact that the attitude between the store and the phone were polar opposites. Which pokes a few holes in the idea that the phone folks are just looking to get rid of you...
    07-23-09 01:09 PM
    So you're saying that if said "sandwich" was flawed, I'd have to pay for another one??????????????????????? Wow... that's a good one. As to counter vs. drive thru it's not a matter of who cares about what, it's a matter of what training or information or POLICY an employee follows.

As to store vs. phone, I'll pretty much stick to the phone over the face to face. What's the point of passing a name of a face at a store to anyone? Who's the anyone i'm supposed pass any positive or negative feedback too anyway? If they're follow said managements edict, it's pointless to confront any sort of supervisor.

Oh.. as to the charity analogy... again, putting words in my mouth. I never, ever said they promised me anything. Again, it goes to the fact that the attitude between the store and the phone were polar opposites. Which pokes a few holes in the idea that the phone folks are just looking to get rid of you...
    Yes, you would pay for another one. You made a purchase, you have a set amount of time to return that purchase. My friend had 3 xbox's replaced. Does that mean, he can go to best buy and say "hey I want a ps3, because Im having trouble" No he has to purchase one. I think you are just blatanly ignoring this point now.

And like I said, you actually have a face that you can go back to. If "Joe" says to you at the store, "Hey, come back and see me, IM going to hook you up, you would be able to know that he is someone you can get into direct contact with. But if he said, just take it across the street and they will do it, you may take his word for it, but wouldnt you question why he just cant do it himself?

Also, the charity thing is a direct analogy of you asking why one person would say something and another person say something different.

Let me make sure Im following you using my analogy

You are saying you(the charity) were told that you would get a tour because of your storm issues(charity saying your wife promised 1000.00 dollars to them), but then get upset when someone says no or they have to check on that(you answering the phone and saying you have to talk to your wife)and that you gave them wrong info because you say, thats not good for the family right now.(the store saying no, we want to protect our assets, as opposed to someone over the phone saying they will give you a different phone)

Its the same situation, you just refuse to see it, because it doesnt benefit you. You could also have gotten a curve, because of the issues you have with the storm, but you wanted a tour, dont get upset, that policy doesnt dictate you getting one, and someone saying that you can have it because they feel sorry for you. Policy says that you should get the curve, does that mean, you want them to follow policy, or only follow it when it is convinient for you?
    07-23-09 02:13 PM
    Yes, you would pay for another one. You made a purchase, you have a set amount of time to return that purchase. My friend had 3 xbox's replaced. Does that mean, he can go to best buy and say "hey I want a ps3, because Im having trouble" No he has to purchase one. I think you are just blatanly ignoring this point now.

And like I said, you actually have a face that you can go back to. If "Joe" says to you at the store, "Hey, come back and see me, IM going to hook you up, you would be able to know that he is someone you can get into direct contact with. But if he said, just take it across the street and they will do it, you may take his word for it, but wouldnt you question why he just cant do it himself?

Also, the charity thing is a direct analogy of you asking why one person would say something and another person say something different.

Let me make sure Im following you using my analogy

You are saying you(the charity) were told that you would get a tour because of your storm issues(charity saying your wife promised 1000.00 dollars to them), but then get upset when someone says no or they have to check on that(you answering the phone and saying you have to talk to your wife)and that you gave them wrong info because you say, thats not good for the family right now.(the store saying no, we want to protect our assets, as opposed to someone over the phone saying they will give you a different phone)

Its the same situation, you just refuse to see it, because it doesnt benefit you. You could also have gotten a curve, because of the issues you have with the storm, but you wanted a tour, dont get upset, that policy doesnt dictate you getting one, and someone saying that you can have it because they feel sorry for you. Policy says that you should get the curve, does that mean, you want them to follow policy, or only follow it when it is convinient for you?
    Yet again, we're down in the weeds over the fact I had the gall to ask for a replacement for the Storm. Sure I shot the for the moon and wanted a Tour. If, IF phone CS wouldn't have helped me I surely would have gone with a Curve or resurrected my 8703.

Please stop trying to show how I was a bad boy asking for something that I didn't deserve. I get you feel that way. I really do. I got lucky, I know that! I really do!

Since I perceive that you have a close association with Verizon (or even if you don't) just answer the following two questions, leaving out sandwiches, charities and what a ******* I am for asking for something I didn't deserve.

1. Why the disparity in willingness to help between phone CS and the store?
    2. Should the phone CS rep who was kind to me and gve me such a great deal, be reprimanded?
    07-23-09 02:35 PM
    Yet again, we're down in the weeds over the fact I had the gall to ask for a replacement for the Storm. Sure I shot the for the moon and wanted a Tour. If, IF phone CS wouldn't have helped me I surely would have gone with a Curve or resurrected my 8703.

Please stop trying to show how I was a bad boy asking for something that I didn't deserve. I get you feel that way. I really do. I got lucky, I know that! I really do!
    Since I perceive that you have a close association with Verizon (or even if you don't) just answer the following two questions, leaving out sandwiches, charities and what a ******* I am for asking for something I didn't deserve.

1. Why the disparity in willingness to help between phone CS and the store?
    2. Should the phone CS rep who was kind to me and gve me such a great deal, be reprimanded?
    I wrote this long response, but I erased it, because of this sentence right here.

At the end of the day, if you really think what you did doesnt affect everyone, yourself included; then i cant help you.

Answering your questions simply;

The difference is because the people you talked to didnt want to give you a free tour, while the cs rep, didnt care.

2. Yes they should be.

Im tapping out my friend, enjoy your tour.
    Last edited by MofoMagic; 07-23-09 at 03:36 PM.
    07-23-09 03:24 PM
    MsFefe- Your signature is soooo ghetto! LMAO had to comment!
    07-23-09 03:29 PM
    And yours is psycho.
    07-23-09 03:40 PM
    I wrote this long response, but I erased it, because of this sentence right here.

At the end of the day, if you really think what you did doesnt affect everyone, yourself included; then i cant help you.

Answering your questions simply;

The difference is because the people you talked to didnt want to give you a free tour, while the cs rep, didnt care.

2. Yes they should be.

Im tapping out my friend, enjoy your tour.
    Wow... what a corporate boy you are... let's see, as of 3/31/09 VZ had a total revenue of 26.5 billion... (BILLION) dollars... a GP on that of 16.2 billion... for the last quarter...

Help me out here... following some VZ shills here on how my annual contribution of ~$5000 ($10000 over the life of the contract) to Verizon is a irrelevent... shouldn't, by that logic, the 350 I saved between paying full retail for the storm be irrelevent to VZ's bottom line too?

Oh that's right.. I'm a customer who signed a contract. I suck. I should ask for nothing.

Seems to me that rep earned VZ ~$2000 ($7000 over the life of the contract) might not have earned.

Oh, that's right... again... I'm a customer and I signed a contract... I suck again.. right?

You wanna "tap out," fine.. I'm willing to say I got lucky, which you say is a bad thing. Again... how is that a bad thing? I was willing to walk but that CS rep made sure VZ is still going to get my money for the next two years.

Tell me... PLEASE... how is that a bad thing for Verizon?
    07-23-09 03:58 PM
    Wow... what a corporate boy you are... let's see, as of 3/31/09 VZ had a total revenue of 26.5 billion... (BILLION) dollars... a GP on that of 16.2 billion... for the last quarter...

Help me out here... following some VZ shills here on how my annual contribution of ~$5000 ($10000 over the life of the contract) to Verizon is a irrelevent... shouldn't, by that logic, the 350 I saved between paying full retail for the storm be irrelevent to VZ's bottom line too?

Oh that's right.. I'm a customer who signed a contract. I suck. I should ask for nothing.

Seems to me that rep earned VZ ~$2000 ($7000 over the life of the contract) might not have earned.

Oh, that's right... again... I'm a customer and I signed a contract... I suck again.. right?

You wanna "tap out," fine.. I'm willing to say I got lucky, which you say is a bad thing. Again... how is that a bad thing? I was willing to walk but that CS rep made sure VZ is still going to get my money for the next two years.

Tell me... PLEASE... how is that a bad thing for Verizon?
    Im willing to leave this alone, but you are really trying arent you?

I will tell you the same thing I told someone else in another thread.....you made verizon 7000.00 over the life of the contract.

Now take out the salary of the rep you talked to, the phones that they have to pay for for someone to talk to you, the electricity of the store you went to, the pay of the person who is at the store, etc, etc.

Basically, its like this, who do you know make a living off 3500 dollars a year?

Thats what you are saying vzw should be "grateful" for.

Once again, you got lucky, i can congratualte you, but maybe you are trying to convince yourself you didnt do anything wrong,but if you dont think there is a dominoeffect, once again, I dont know what to tell you, lol
    07-23-09 04:09 PM
    You guys type a lot.
    07-23-09 04:28 PM
159 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD