07-31-09 07:02 AM
159 ... 34567
tools
    I was reading and noticed the Canada carriers require 3 yr contracts...How'd you all like that? Remember that carriers do not make money on phones. Phone prices are subsidized by accessory sales. The monthly cost you pay maintains the network, pays employees, pays utilities, pays for store equipment (computers, printers, etc). So keep this in mind when you are in a store or on the phone with customer care asking for ANOTHER discounted phone. Carriers have bills to pay just like any citizen. So for example those of you who have kids. Do you always give into your kids when they ask you for 5 or 10 dollars. No you can't or you would be broke. Now apply that same thinking to wireless carriers. There has to a point where they can say no to a customer. I don't know if this will even hit home for any of you. I'm sure those of you that cry on here about not getting what you from the carriers grew up in homes where mommy and daddy gave into your every desire. I feel sorry for you. You are throw fits of rage in stores and never really grew out of childish temper fits. Just so you know other customers in the store think you're an ***** just as much as the people working there do. I wish you all luck.
    07-15-09 09:00 AM
    i'm in the same boat. wont let me upgrade no matter what. i have to sell my storm online, and buy a curve until i can upgrade in February
    Heh, why don't you sell you Storm, then buy the Tour at full retail?
    07-15-09 09:04 PM
    I had a problem with my storm. I am now on my third replacement. Today I courteously called Verizon explaining that this was my third Storm. They said that they can definitely exchange it for another phone of the same class, but because they have no Refurbished Tours in stock yet, I was pretty much SOL. Then I mentioned id be willing to upgrade my minutes/pay the two year pricing on the phone. The guy was nice, explained that this cannot be done and that he and his wife both had storms and they had a few replacements as well so he felt my pain. Then I asked nicely if I could speak to a supervisor in regards to possibly doing the 2 year upgrade. He said certainly, about 10 minutes of holding later, and bam, I have a brand new Tour on the way (will be here Tuesday), and I get to keep my working Storm (initially I sent it away just to get a new one for the **** of it, figuring my storm had problems and a fresh one would be better... boy was I wrong).

I think courtesy is key and keeping the conversation going. Im currently doing fundraising, so im used to talking to people practically begging for things in the best way possible, so that might be the approach to take
    07-17-09 03:43 PM
    lol its saved on my desktop...but whatever Im not here to argue... have a nice day
    I have to question you on this too. in fact, they just sent an email in february that we HAD to sign a one year contract (before we were on no contract, but we could upgrade in 10 months).

Its not an argument thing, but a more "what the heck are you talking about that no one in verizon has even come close to reitirating" thing.

It may be because you are in a different region though, which i have found in this company may deem different rules. I heard of a dm in a zone that wont let his employees get on the BES server, and I have heard of people being able to do fru to new in store, and sometimes not at all in stores.

Im just wondering, and also not trying to argue, lol
    07-18-09 08:51 PM
    they let me upgrade early for the curve , the storm and the tour. all for the 2 year price. and i go the tour for the 199 and the 50$ vip disc making it 149.

i just bought the storm in nov too. its all in who u talk to. hwo many replacemnets u had
    07-18-09 11:49 PM
    I am sick and tired of my storm and I use it for work and it is costing me seeing as it freezes and locks up all the time. Its just unreliable all around imo. One of the lines on my account has an upgrade in September, but I went to the store to see if I could upgrade today and they said no. I dont get it. Im a loyal customer, wanting to get the unit, they have another unit sold, and in the end they are still getting my money.
    My current contract is with Alltel and I don't have BB yet but I'm going to get the tour and I can't wait! So I called Alltel and started to complain. They said the earliest I could upgrade on the Verizon side was Sept 5th. So I gave them a big line of B.S. that I was going to get a 35% Discount from AT&T through my employer and that I was going to get a new Iphone for $100. So he came back and said he could let me upgrade on Aug 26th. Not bad but I wanted more so I kept it up. He finally gave me a free month of cell service to keep me! So now I can now upgrade a little earlier and I got a $105 credit on my account for nothing!
    07-19-09 11:52 AM
    why would anyone "expect" this to be different..

you signed a contract they subsidized "phones" for you you can't get mad because they wont let you upgrade early..

its a bonus to get the upgrade early not owed to anyone..

so for the people that said this is why they left verizon..

be realistic...

you dont want a contract then pay full price..
    Agreed, well put...
    07-19-09 11:55 AM
    I know this more of the same but I just don't get it. I currently have the curve and am not due for an upgrade til May 2010. I will be traveling internationaly for the next six months so need a phone that has international coverage - that is my only reason for wanting an upgrade early. Verizon CS said no to my request to upgrade to the Tour. Doesn't make sense to me. I've been a customer since the bag phone, never late, have 3 lines, willing to sign a new two year conteract, in my mind the perfect customer for verizon. I told the rep I have no choice but to go to AT@T - the response was that was my decision. I spoke with two different reps. These phones are manufactured cheap, the profit is in the monthly usage charges. Just don't get it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 12:15 PM
    Out of curiosity, are you going on deployment or did you know this trip was coming up when you bought your Curve or anything?
    07-19-09 12:33 PM
    I know this more of the same but I just don't get it. I currently have the curve and am not due for an upgrade til May 2010. I will be traveling internationaly for the next six months so need a phone that has international coverage - that is my only reason for wanting an upgrade early. Verizon CS said no to my request to upgrade to the Tour. Doesn't make sense to me. I've been a customer since the bag phone, never late, have 3 lines, willing to sign a new two year conteract, in my mind the perfect customer for verizon. I told the rep I have no choice but to go to AT@T - the response was that was my decision. I spoke with two different reps. These phones are manufactured cheap, the profit is in the monthly usage charges. Just don't get it.

You know you could just rent a global device, heck they may even give you a tour, doubt it, but you never know.

Also, blam Mr. "I scammed the company for money I didnt deserve" who is bragging about it. Its that type of customer that really makes it hard for everyone else, because a person who has been burned by one of those foold, is aprehensive to get used by someone else.

Remember "fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice....."
    07-19-09 03:00 PM
    I'm not being deployed but traveling for work. I have changed jobs since purchasing my curve so didn't know I would need global capability. I did rent a global device last month and it worked out well, however renting will not work on a long term basis. Signed up with AT&T today which is too bad since I never had any complaints with Verizon.

07-19-09 08:01 PM
    I have to question you on this too. in fact, they just sent an email in february that we HAD to sign a one year contract (before we were on no contract, but we could upgrade in 10 months).

Its not an argument thing, but a more "what the heck are you talking about that no one in verizon has even come close to reitirating" thing.

It may be because you are in a different region though, which i have found in this company may deem different rules. I heard of a dm in a zone that wont let his employees get on the BES server, and I have heard of people being able to do fru to new in store, and sometimes not at all in stores.

Im just wondering, and also not trying to argue, lol
    We have no contract, we get 'feature' bb for free anytime, and if we want something other than featured, we get half off.
    Not trying to argue. either but this thread is soo dead. lol

Doesn't do much good when the policy changes. Look in infomanager for epp. Or maybe you are indirect?

Not indirect, last time I heard the discount they got really sucked.
    07-20-09 05:16 AM
    I know this more of the same but I just don't get it.
    And I don't get where and when customers started feeling they are above the general policies and can upgrade whenever they want just because they've been with a company forever.
    07-20-09 06:26 AM
    And I walked into TWO stores with my FOURTH storm and still have the POS. I'd say that's pretty crappy CS, wouldn't you?
    1. Could be your award winning attitude.

2. 4 Storms? That's on you.
    07-20-09 06:34 AM
    1. Could be your award winning attitude.

2. 4 Storms? That's on you.
    haha.. exactly.. I've had 1 Storm and yeah I had some issues in the past, but with the new OS and everything I'm good to go!

The phone is not perfect. No phone is. Why do people act like it's got to run like their brand new computer? No people you cannot run Pandora, Browser, Blackberry Messenger, Yahoo, MSN, AOL, 2 different games, etc.. all at the same time.
    07-20-09 06:56 AM
    We have no contract, we get 'feature' bb for free anytime, and if we want something other than featured, we get half off.
    Not trying to argue. either but this thread is soo dead. lol

Not indirect, last time I heard the discount they got really sucked.
    Are you a manager in retail or?? Because it outlines everything right there on the website. Can't argue what's in black and white haha.. I know a lot of people who are on the EPP and they have a 1 year contract as well.
    07-20-09 07:01 AM
    I'm not being deployed but traveling for work. I have changed jobs since purchasing my curve so didn't know I would need global capability. I did rent a global device last month and it worked out well, however renting will not work on a long term basis. Signed up with AT&T today which is too bad since I never had any complaints with Verizon.

If you are staying abroad your best option would be to get a prepay phone in the country your staying. Roaming fees are going to be crazy..
    07-20-09 07:06 AM

I would have maybe just picked up a prepaid phone in Europe, but your choice.
    07-20-09 09:03 AM
    if it keeps freezing and locking up get a new one until you get one that works im on my third storm right now cause of random freezes and reboots i was told its under warranty from rim for a year so if they wont give you a different one keep nagging till you get one that works
    07-20-09 09:43 AM
    Are you a manager in retail or?? Because it outlines everything right there on the website. Can't argue what's in black and white haha.. I know a lot of people who are on the EPP and they have a 1 year contract as well.
    Prefer not to discuss what I do. Just dont like being called out on something I know, very well. I have no contract
    07-20-09 03:13 PM
    Prefer not to discuss what I do. Just dont like being called out on something I know, very well. I have no contract
    Right. So for most employees it would require a 1 year contract.

07-20-09 03:15 PM
    He is just saying that your situation seems different is all.

I would just say for future reference to not let the cat out the bag if you dont want to see people try to chase it down.

Anyway, no big deal, anyone who works at vzw knows what the deal is with your situation. Sometimes its the things you dont say.....lol
    07-20-09 06:16 PM
    Sometimes we learn more from what you don't say.

07-20-09 06:19 PM
    I'm wondering if people in this thread realize why US carries have contracts on phones. If they understand exactly how much money they take as a loss when they sell phones, and what the break even point is on most contracts. Clearly most do not.
    How much is your bill a month? haha Im pretty sure you pay enough of the period of your 2 year contract to buy your phone a few times.
    07-22-09 01:07 AM
    Then you should easily be able to afford a new phone. Oh and never mind the billions spent each year for the network and other aspects that keep Verizon going. Why don't you guys demand free gas from Exxon or discount at mcdonalds just because you eat there on a regular basis. You don't hound your cable company for a new TV do you? Why do you people think the wireless industry is any different?

Since I am just an average customer and no nothing about how much vzw actually pays for each phone, such as the storm or tour, why don't you tell me? And btw, I was not asking for anything for free just making a point.

P.S. cable company and TV analogy doesn't work in this case unless you somehow buy your TVs through your cable company.
    Last edited by srh079; 07-22-09 at 01:33 AM.
    07-22-09 01:30 AM
159 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD