07-31-09 07:02 AM
159 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I am sick and tired of my storm and I use it for work and it is costing me seeing as it freezes and locks up all the time. Its just unreliable all around imo. One of the lines on my account has an upgrade in September, but I went to the store to see if I could upgrade today and they said no. I dont get it. Im a loyal customer, wanting to get the unit, they have another unit sold, and in the end they are still getting my money.
    Few ways to do this
    1. 3 replacements of the storm within 90 days= new phone of your choice.
    2. Flip crap and get angry threaten to leave.
    3. Check your upgrade date( although if you have a storm it must not be recent).
    4.You can try the upgrade in advance i think they might let you 30 days ahead or so.
    07-13-09 11:44 AM
    Gotta disagree, I love my Storm, know plenty of people who do. The only thing I miss is a physical keyboard.
    Same here, love my Storm and I haven't had half the issues that I see others complaining about daily. I'm sure there are some bad devices out there, but I know from experience there are other contributing factors to a lot of users having problems with the Storm.

The Storm can be a tempermental device if not used and maintained properly so IMO this device is definately not for everyone.

I think most people should learn from the Storm and not try to be the first person on the block with the latest new device. Give the device time and let the bugs get worked out. I know the Tour has them because I just finished looking at one. I would never give up my Storm for one based on what I saw at VZW corp store.

Just my .02!
    07-13-09 12:30 PM
    ^^ Agree. I'm waiting a few months to get my Tours for just this reason
    07-13-09 12:49 PM
    Same here, love my Storm and I haven't had half the issues that I see others complaining about daily. I'm sure there are some bad devices out there, but I know from experience there are other contributing factors to a lot of users having problems with the Storm.

The Storm can be a tempermental device if not used and maintained properly so IMO this device is definately not for everyone.

I think most people should learn from the Storm and not try to be the first person on the block with the latest new device. Give the device time and let the bugs get worked out. I know the Tour has them because I just finished looking at one. I would never give up my Storm for one based on what I saw at VZW corp store.

Just my .02!
    So let me ask you this. Are you tied to a BES or just doing the email thing from other avenues?
    07-13-09 01:19 PM
    If you've truly lost faith in Verizon, switch to Sprint. I hear their customer service is by far better. Or AT&T, their 3G coverage is amazing. Or T-Mobile, Catherine Zeta Jones hand-delivers your phone to your front door.
    LOL! Best bit I've seen all day!

it was late, and again I am a male...
    Are we sure he didn't already know this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by DesertDogs; 07-13-09 at 02:22 PM.
    07-13-09 02:19 PM
    LOL! Best bit I've seen all day!

Are we sure he didn't already know this?
    GOD I HOPE LOL
    07-13-09 02:27 PM
    Considering it was the reps idea and not mine.. Hmmm. I'm well aware what people are trying to do (obviously... I'm a member here LOL). But she suggested "Wait for the Tour and I'll give you a discounted price". I don't see how I'm in the wrong here. I used to sell phones, I know they don't make money but ****... That's not my concern. I was told something and they didn't honor it. I have every right to be extra pissy right now.
    What she said was "Wait for the Tour *cough*and September*cough* and I'll give you a discounted price"

lol
    07-13-09 02:35 PM
    That would be vzw for ya!, thats why I left..
    Honestly, should be any company. You signed the contract. You paid money for the phone.

I'm tired of people complaining about certain companies, etc. based off of a decision they made.
    I wanted the Storm, but with anything you wait for feedback from those that rush out and buy it on release.
    I will wait for the S2 and see the feedback.
    I bought a POS car and it was my decision...I"m paying for. I bought a house 2 yrs ago and am looking at not being able to afford it here in several months...Those were my decisions.

I'm not going to wait for or expect a "bail out" and that's our problem in today's world. Take some responsibility and live up to your end of the contract (unfortunate yes, but that's why they make you sign a contract).
    07-13-09 03:09 PM
    Honestly, should be any company. You signed the contract. You paid money for the phone.

I'm tired of people complaining about certain companies, etc. based off of a decision they made.
    I wanted the Storm, but with anything you wait for feedback from those that rush out and buy it on release.
    I will wait for the S2 and see the feedback.
    I bought a POS car and it was my decision...I"m paying for. I bought a house 2 yrs ago and am looking at not being able to afford it here in several months...Those were my decisions.

I'm not going to wait for or expect a "bail out" and that's our problem in today's world. Take some responsibility and live up to your end of the contract (unfortunate yes, but that's why they make you sign a contract).
    All very valid points. Given the dissatisfaction, though, with many early adopters, VZW could have tried to OFFICIALLY meet some half way. Something a little better than the full retail for the phone in conjunction with a contract extention would have been fine with me.
    07-13-09 03:20 PM
    All very valid points. Given the dissatisfaction, though, with many early adopters, VZW could have tried to OFFICIALLY meet some half way. Something a little better than the full retail for the phone in conjunction with a contract extention would have been fine with me.
    Overall, I would agree with you. A few things we all need to remember, though - one is we're not privy to the product handling agreements between VZW & RIM. Another is that many (NOT all, so don't anyone try to pin me with this) of those complaining have histories of complaining or have problems related to reasonable expectations. Some have issues with the actual operation of the device. Still others are on their first smartphone - Storm did attract an inordinate amount of users who never had a smartphone before - and who may be feigning some problems, trying to get a better deal. Don't forget that many don't see that first bill until after the 30 days is up. Another is the percentage of issues is supposedly in range of other smartphones and testing has shown many of the "defective" returns operated within acceptable RIM parameters. And, lastly, the Storm is not the first phone to arrive on a carrier's network (any carrier) with problems - but to do something in the magnitude of what some have been suggesting or demanding is without precedent - none of the previous issues were acted upon by any carrier without a manufacturer recall. Even carriers who offer the Storm in other world regions haven't done anything more.

What people need to do is step back, assess their abilities, their history and their expectations. If all is good on these points, the solution would be to press RIM for a recall.
    Overall though, there is not the widespread dissatisfaction with the device - even though I personally cannot stand it & wish VZW would just 86 the thing. But they won't, as it is still one of the five best selling smartphones out there. It even outsells the Bold.

07-13-09 04:04 PM
    I would love to see the satisfaction numbers analyzed to show consumer vs. corporate and the rate of statisfaction. If I didn't have to deal with a corporate IT department I'd love to try all the whizbang beta's and condensed releases and the rest of the hoo-ha. Unfortunately, I can't be cause if I had to call them every time there was a new leak release before .141 came out, they'd never have gone for it.

will the tour have issues? probably? is it's "platform" a known quantity? Yes. That, for me is the main reason I'm pushing for the move. If I hadn't be able to pull off the switch I have been able to get, the 8703e was out and charging and I was ready to revert back to it.
    07-13-09 04:11 PM
    the 8703e was out and charging and I was ready to revert back to it.
    Ah, the last real BlackBerry.

07-13-09 04:19 PM
    So let me ask you this. Are you tied to a BES or just doing the email thing from other avenues?
    No I'm not tied to a BES.
    07-13-09 04:25 PM
    No I'm not tied to a BES.
    A distinct advantage over those that are...
    07-13-09 04:30 PM
    I am sick and tired of my storm and I use it for work and it is costing me seeing as it freezes and locks up all the time. Its just unreliable all around imo. One of the lines on my account has an upgrade in September, but I went to the store to see if I could upgrade today and they said no. I dont get it. Im a loyal customer, wanting to get the unit, they have another unit sold, and in the end they are still getting my money.
    Loyal? You pay for service, they provide the service. It is a 2 way relationship here. Maybe they should ask you for some more money since they are a loyal provider.
    07-13-09 04:30 PM
    thats funny, i hate and love verizon
    07-13-09 04:38 PM
    thats funny, i hate and love verizon
    Same here....love the quality of the service, but hate to see that bill each month.
    07-13-09 04:47 PM

Kinda like a marriage.
    07-13-09 05:37 PM
    i'm in the same boat. wont let me upgrade no matter what. i have to sell my storm online, and buy a curve until i can upgrade in February
    07-13-09 10:11 PM
    I guess I just don't understand why people feel they are entitled to a phone when they aren't elgible? If I read one more time that "because i'm a loyal customer", i'm going to scream. Do you call your power company and tell them "well, i've been paying my light bill for 10 years, can I get a free month of service?" Do you call the people who finance your car and say"Won't you throw in a free month or better yet, can I just get a car for free?" No... but yet people feel the need to call their phone company and have the gall to be upset when no one bends the rules for them and make them elgible for something they aren't entitled to...I just don't get it. Smh at it all...
    07-13-09 10:22 PM
    Lol, thats a good one. People act like they aren't supposed to be paying for their service.lol
    07-13-09 10:27 PM
    lol.. dude I'm an employee and I have the same issue.. don't worry - we aren't alone!

I will be selling my Storm very soon..
    thats funny you say you have to because employees dont have upgrade dates...just half off full retail, or trade your phone for the new 'featured' phone which is the TOUR...I am guessing you are an indirect
    07-15-09 08:17 AM
    Actually no. I'm a corporate employee and we get phones at a 2 year contract price with a 1 year contract.

lol no we dont.
    07-15-09 08:22 AM
    Okay. Go check the employee phone program policy.

07-15-09 08:32 AM
    Okay. Go check the employee phone program policy.

lol its saved on my desktop...but whatever Im not here to argue... have a nice day
    07-15-09 08:36 AM
159 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD