09-04-09 12:31 AM
31 12
tools
    I totally agree..... I just want to make sure what is being said isn't being misconstrued. If you can't be without a phone, by all means go to the store and see if they can help you out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 01:00 PM
    My tour is dead, the trackball works but the keyboard does not. Have no idea what happened, it started acting weird like the keyboard had a life of its own and then just died. Can't call, do anything. Beyond 30 day grace period.

WTF do I have to do? If I go to the store I presume they give me a replacement? Someone told me that I have to call the customer service and they will send me a phone which would mean I would be out of a phone for the time it took to send it. This can't be right...

Help?

EDIT: I bought the phone at a verizon store, if that makes a difference.
    try a power reset pull the battery out and hold the power key for 45 seconds after the 45 seconds release the power key pop the battery back in and you'll know you did it right if the phone take longer then usual to boot if that doesnt work it needs to be replaced
    09-03-09 06:18 PM
    um if you have insurance they will they did for me when i cracked my screen last week for 50 dollars
    but technically verizon doesnt replace phones under insurance, Asurion or Signal or whatever insurace your carrier goes through replaces the phone for 50 dollars, so it is correct to say verizon wont replace your phone for money. They will send you a refurb if you have has the phone for 1 year or less. I have had them do refurbs on phones I found in a friends car. It all depends on the rep who processes it. I say its better to do it over the phone, but that used to be my job was replacing phones and processing insurance claims.
    09-03-09 07:31 PM
    but technically verizon doesnt replace phones under insurance, Asurion or Signal or whatever insurace your carrier goes through replaces the phone for 50 dollars, so it is correct to say verizon wont replace your phone for money. They will send you a refurb if you have has the phone for 1 year or less. I have had them do refurbs on phones I found in a friends car. It all depends on the rep who processes it. I say its better to do it over the phone, but that used to be my job was replacing phones and processing insurance claims.
    Well like I said many times already and it already settled already verizon can process the claim and if the have a redurned in stock and you have insurance they will do it right there for you with out waiting for one to be sent plz read all the post b4 replying to a thread thankyou have a nice night

09-03-09 07:45 PM
    I think the point blue and I are trying to make us this: if it isn't a warranty claim, VZW WILL NOT replace your phone for you for 50 bucks unless you have insurance. We don't want someone with a damaged phone and no insurance going into Verizon and saying "well the guys on crackberry said you would replace this for 50 bucks......"

And then coming here and calling us a bunch of lowlife idiots that don't know what we are talking about when they find out it is wrong

ACTUALLY. If you had a cracked or bleeding screen and no insurance they could be charged the fru fee of $50 and allowed to have a CLNR.

Water damage or physical damage (other than screen crack/bleed) with no insurance you can get a phone @ 1 year pricing with a 1 year contract.
    Last edited by tsguy52; 09-04-09 at 12:30 AM.
    09-04-09 12:25 AM
    Take it to the store and see what happens. Good luck with that.
    09-04-09 12:31 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD