09-03-09 11:31 PM
31 12
tools
    My tour is dead, the trackball works but the keyboard does not. Have no idea what happened, it started acting weird like the keyboard had a life of its own and then just died. Can't call, do anything. Beyond 30 day grace period.

WTF do I have to do? If I go to the store I presume they give me a replacement? Someone told me that I have to call the customer service and they will send me a phone which would mean I would be out of a phone for the time it took to send it. This can't be right...

Help?

EDIT: I bought the phone at a verizon store, if that makes a difference.
    Last edited by BoiGenuis; 09-02-09 at 11:40 PM. Reason: omission
    09-02-09 11:33 PM
    Take it in to the store. If you are beyond your 30 days they will have the warehouse send you a refurb. They are certified like new phones and they work great. In fact I just got one this morning from fed ex.

It sucks to have to wait but the warehouse ships fed ex 2nd day mail so it isn't that bad. Depending on the store they might do something in house but I doubt it.

They will definitely take care of you though and get you a new phone whether it is from the back if you're lucky or a refurb in the mail. I walked in with a completely dead phone this past Saturday and they said they couldn't do anything for me in store but they ordered it for me. I guess it depends on how the store handles it. It is safe to assume that you will have to wait the two days though.

I would go to the store tomorrow as early as you could. Good luck!
    09-03-09 12:08 AM
    Take it back to the store - I don't believe the thing has been out long enough to be seeing any refurbs yet.

Every shipping experience I've had with VZW has been overnight, if that helps any.

You probably didn't do anything wrong. On our recent order of 40 of the things, almost half had a defect of some sort & the sample performance variation was huge. We like to kid around that we'd see fewer quality issues with kindergarteners & papier mache.

Welcome to the world where crap is worshipped & people want more of the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 12:33 AM
    Go to the store where you bought or any verizon store and they should replace with a refurb if it over 30 if the are any water damage though they will charge 50 dollars

09-03-09 07:43 AM
    Go to the store where you bought or any verizon store and they should replace with a refurb if it over 30 if the are any water damage though they will charge 50 dollars

Right now we haven't seen refurbs yet, he didn't say anything about water damage, the price for insurance replacements have gone up.
    09-03-09 08:00 AM
    Ok I know he did not anything about water damage I am just saying if they do find any also instead of critizing what I wrote why you tell him how much just incase the do find water damage or something

09-03-09 08:07 AM
    Maybe we should tell him to check for a cracked screen too?
    09-03-09 08:16 AM
    Just take it to the store and let them kno, they might jus exchange it there...if you do have to call it usually jus takes a day to arrive no later than 2...
    09-03-09 08:22 AM
    Maybe we should tell him to check for a cracked screen too?
    dude at least i am trying to help dont post she to try 2 up me for real get a life
    09-03-09 09:13 AM
    Right now we haven't seen refurbs yet, he didn't say anything about water damage, the price for insurance replacements have gone up.
    Don't know if you read this but this would be me trying to help... Don't post on topics that you don't know enough about.
    09-03-09 09:22 AM
    do you know for a fact that all store dont any or just the one you work does not have any the store near me in ct has them
    09-03-09 09:30 AM
    You're telling me that the store near you has refurbished phones? And Blackberry Tours to be exact?
    09-03-09 09:36 AM
    If your phone has water damage, Verizon will NOT replace it......not for 30 or 50 dollars or anything. If it is in fact some kind of covered under warranty defect, the phone will be replaced at no cost, either in store or by mail.

09-03-09 09:42 AM
    yes and yes so i will stand by my first post he should go to a local verizon store and see what they can do for him
    09-03-09 09:43 AM
    If your phone has water damage, Verizon will NOT replace it......not for 30 or 50 dollars or anything. If it is in fact some kind of covered under warranty defect, the phone will be replaced at no cost, either in store or by mail.

um if you have insurance they will they did for me when i cracked my screen last week for 50 dollars
    09-03-09 09:44 AM
    But they are merely filing your insurance claim for you as a courtesy. They aren't required to, and it is not VZW that is actually replacing the phone.

09-03-09 09:46 AM
    um if you have insurance they will they did for me when i cracked my screen last week for 50 dollars
    Yeah thats done through assurion.
    09-03-09 09:48 AM
    Buy depending on the store you go to the might replace like they did for me plain and simple I did not have to wait for a new sent to me they gave me one on the spot

09-03-09 10:35 AM
    Because they filed a claim. You think that they replaced the phone for 50$ and that was that? Your phone(the storm im guessing) would still be under its 1 year warranty. So why would you have to pay? Because it was a damaged phone, they would have to file a claim.
    09-03-09 10:41 AM
    Really I did not oh wait I did know but what I am trying to say they do replace even if its just a claim and why don't you go back and read what I wrote I cracked my screen ok smart @*# what is this a pissing match I don't think he cares who replaces it as long that's it replaced

09-03-09 10:46 AM
    1. Make sure it is a corporate store and NOT an authorized dealer. 2. Switch to Sprint if possible. 3. It is covered under warranty for a year, warranty does NOT include physical damage or liquid damage. 4. If you have the insurance........what if you "lost" your phone???
    09-03-09 10:47 AM
    What would switching to sprint they have the same two year warranty as verizon

09-03-09 10:50 AM
    Verizon doesnt have a 2 year warranty. Bottom line is this is covered by his 1 year warranty.
    09-03-09 10:53 AM
    I think the point blue and I are trying to make us this: if it isn't a warranty claim, VZW WILL NOT replace your phone for you for 50 bucks unless you have insurance. We don't want someone with a damaged phone and no insurance going into Verizon and saying "well the guys on crackberry said you would replace this for 50 bucks......"

And then coming here and calling us a bunch of lowlife idiots that don't know what we are talking about when they find out it is wrong

09-03-09 11:26 AM
    Ok I do agre with that but what I am trying to say its worth going to store to see if they can do anything for him

09-03-09 11:34 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD