I switched over to a Blackberry Tour after the Alltel/Verizon change was complete. I kept my Alltel plan, and now have a Verizon Tour. After a painful 2 hour conversation with a tech to get me up and running, he was just clueless, I'm working. 90% of the time I'm in 1XEV mode with no issues. I have noticed though, when I reboot my phone, it can take between 30 minutes and 2 hours for my phone to pick back up in 1XEV mode. I'm sitting at my desk, so it's not a location/signal issue. The device is using Alltel PRL 40056 and is set to 1XEV mode Rev A in network options. Anyone else having similar issues with the Tour?

Also in doing some research, I have a friend with the same Alltel plan and now a Tour, it seems to affect him as well. Another friend with a Verizon plan and Tour, also same issue with him as well.
    10-23-09 01:55 PM
    I am also a ex Alltel with a storm 40056 PRL and Alltel service books and i have the same problem.
    10-23-09 02:01 PM
    On your device do the following - options>mobile network - and change network technology to 1XEV from Global.

Then from main screen type #help* and check the PRL. if your PRL does not start with a 6, then call VZW and ask to have a hybrid PRL pushed to the phone. Most areas now that require the hybrid shuld update via *228 opt 2.
    10-23-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD