When is the touchscreen Blackberry coming out? The one thats going to have both CDMA and GSM radios and be exclusive to Verizon.
    03-29-08 10:07 AM
    When is the touchscreen Blackberry coming out? The one thats going to have both CDMA and GSM radios and be exclusive to Verizon.
    Not before maybe 2010
    04-01-08 12:07 AM
    Is that the one that will have unlocked GPS and fully functional Bluetooth? I hear it will do wifi, but not require a data plan.
    04-01-08 09:37 AM
    Is that the one that will have unlocked GPS and fully functional Bluetooth? I hear it will do wifi, but not require a data plan.
    I don't have a problem with Bluetooth, neither my buddy who has a Pearl. As to Unlocked GPS, that is totally dependent on the Carrier whether they will offer a unlocked GPS, and I'd be surprised if Verizon would do so since they are offering VZ Navigator at a fee. As to Data plans, you are not require to have a Data plan, but to have a fully functioning BB with all the bell and whistles including Pushed Email then a plan is required.
    04-01-08 01:26 PM
    All I can say is LOL!
    04-01-08 01:34 PM
    All I can say is LOL!
    Suncast, I totally agree with you!
    04-01-08 01:38 PM
    What are you guys laughing at?. It's coming. i just wonder how long before Verizon gets it?
    04-06-08 12:26 PM
    What are you guys laughing at?. It's coming. i just wonder how long before Verizon gets it?
    Verizon only operates on CDMA, not GSM. At this moment, nobody knows what the Mobile market will look like in a couple of years from now. 3G is hardly out as yet, and AT&T is already talking about going to 4G. Both AT&T and Verizon has acquired chunks of the 700Mhz bandwidth, and nobody is sure what they are gonna do with all that bandwidth. One thing I can tell you for sure, is that in the next 18 - 24 months cell phone as we know it now will DEFINITELY not be the same as we know it.
    04-06-08 06:03 PM
    Verizon only operates on CDMA, not GSM. At this moment, nobody knows what the Mobile market will look like in a couple of years from now. 3G is hardly out as yet, and AT&T is already talking about going to 4G. Both AT&T and Verizon has acquired chunks of the 700Mhz bandwidth, and nobody is sure what they are gonna do with all that bandwidth. One thing I can tell you for sure, is that in the next 18 - 24 months cell phone as we know it now will DEFINITELY not be the same as we know it.
    Agreed. I do think though when Verizon does get on LTE in 2010 as their timeline shows, they are going to have to stop locking out the GPS. They will GSM based, just like a number of other carriers that do not lock out the GPS. Nothing will be able to prevent others from bringing unlocked GSM blackberrys onto the Verizon network, especially with the open to any handset thing going on. It would be stupid not to. VZ Navigator may be a cash cow for them now, but I see that quickly changing in the future.
    04-06-08 08:44 PM
    Okay another LOL, for 1. this topic in Verizon and 2. Yeah I will be close to retirement when this comes out.....
    04-06-08 08:55 PM
    3G is hardly out as yet, and AT&T is already talking about going to 4G. Both AT&T and Verizon has acquired chunks of the 700Mhz bandwidth, and nobody is sure what they are gonna do with all that bandwidth.
    You're kidding me right? Verizon and Sprint are both already 3G. That's what EVDO is. Verizon has already stated that they will use the newly aquired spectrum for LTE which is their 4G network coming around 2010 or so. It will be SIM based technology.
    04-06-08 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD