Exclusive, for now, to Verizon (and Vodaphone). Q3 of this year, not much info about it. Source: phonescoop.com
    05-15-08 05:38 PM
    to be honnest i really dont care about a blackberry with a touch screen. i need a keypad to text and i text a lot! It s really not praticale with a touch screen to type messages , that s why i m not a big fan of the iphone either.
    Now if they come up with a blackberry touch screen with a hardware keypad , that's another story
    05-15-08 06:07 PM
    to be honnest i really dont care about a blackberry with a touch screen. i need a keypad to text and i text a lot! It s really not praticale with a touch screen to type messages , that s why i m not a big fan of the iphone either.
    Now if they come up with a blackberry touch screen with a hardware keypad , that's another story
    I'm with you 100%! I had the Voyager for a month and didn't like the touchscreen at all. I also couldn't see it worth a damn in the bright sunlight. Bottom line, touch screens should not be on cell phones for any of the important functions like dialing and typing. I would not consider a touch only phone. I too would consider a keyboard phone that is complimented by the ease of navigation of a touch screen, but that's about it. As far as I'm concerned, VZW can keep the Storm, I have my Curve.
    05-15-08 09:02 PM
    I think if they can make the touchscreen like the iPhone then they will be in business. All these touchscreen iPhone killers aren't as smooth as the iPhone's and this is where everyone is falling short.
    05-15-08 10:42 PM
    The iPhone, for all the disses it gets for being touchscreen only, is surprisingly not that hard to txt on. If RIM can make a BB that is just as good of a touchscreen or better, then they clearly win.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 11:01 PM
    We'll see if verizon can hold on to their exclusivity. I think all carriers will have it a month later
    05-15-08 11:03 PM
    The iPhone, for all the disses it gets for being touchscreen only, is surprisingly not that hard to txt on. If RIM can make a BB that is just as good of a touchscreen or better, then they clearly win.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't think it's win or lose, just a question of market share. Apple is clearly going after a big slice RIM's market share...and they might pull it off.

I agree that the current iPhone "keyboard" isn't as bad as some people say, but it's safe to predict that it's just gonna get better with the V2 hardware. Just letting the position sensor spread the keyboard out when you turn it on it's side would help a whole lot.

The elephant in the room is iTunes support. I don't use it so I don't care, but it's pretty important to a lot of people which helps drive consumer sales quite a bit. Business customers not so much, but if Apple can keep both markets happy then RIM better get busy.

The iPhone is WAY better at imaging, video, and Web use than anything Blackberry but that's about it. Then again, if the V2 phone isn't a huge improvement, Apple has a problem too, because it sucks at a lot of other things that Blackberry's do better.

Favorite quote from a Mac fanatic when she got her iPhone before returning it:

"If I want to listen to music I use my iPod. If I have any work to do, I use my Blackberry."

She's one of many people I know that used a Blackberry for years, bought an iPhone, then returned it or sold it and went back to Blackberry. If RIM can incorporate what Apple does better without losing what their current products do better, they're in good shape. Conversely, if Apple does the same thing then all bets are off.

In any case, free market competition is a real good thing!
    05-16-08 04:24 AM
    In any case, free market competition is a real good thing!
    Amen!! Let the market decide.
    05-16-08 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD