11-04-09 04:32 PM
49 12
tools
    Wow okay had no idea, thanks Twins!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 03:04 PM
    Wow okay had no idea, thanks Twins!
    Anytime - be prepared, as I've heard a number of stories, when forcing a different ZIP. Some go through without issue, others have VZW contact them to say the phone isn't in stock - but then get the phone anyway. I originally thought the order process would error, but when I tried it, no error - it took the order up to the final screen without trouble.

11-01-09 03:29 PM
    What's the deal with the phone being out of stock so much I wonder? I wouldn't be surprise if it magically appeared in stock a little while after the launch of the Droid.

I know there aren't THAT many people buying the TP2. I haven't had a single call on the device. I've spoke with plenty of people who had the Imagio.
    11-01-09 03:33 PM
    What's the deal with the phone being out of stock so much I wonder? I wouldn't be surprise if it magically appeared in stock a little while after the launch of the Droid.

I know there aren't THAT many people buying the TP2. I haven't had a single call on the device. I've spoke with plenty of people who had the Imagio.
    From what I read businesses are snagging this things in large quantities to replace older models they have.
    11-01-09 04:16 PM
    From what I read businesses are snagging this things in large quantities to replace older models they have.
    That is exactly right - and the end-users typically don't get support through consumer channels.

The devices are ordered online or through a corporate rep - and, honestly, there aren't that many issues with this phone, other than the dinosaur processor.

I know of a local utility that is using the TP2 to replace its existing run of smartphones - there went several hundred of them.

11-01-09 04:40 PM
    We only have 440 in stock for the whole west area as of now.
    11-01-09 04:43 PM
    359 In the Midwest
    11-01-09 09:34 PM
    .... East Coast? Please.
    11-01-09 10:12 PM
    Again, OOS.
    11-03-09 07:30 AM
    To be honest... After having time with the Touch Pro2, the Imagio and the DROID...

I can honestly say that I think that America will take the Android platform over the WinMo platform.

I personally think it ay take months to really determine which the better platform is for the moment..

Still watching...
    VZ has some very nice Win Mo devides coming out.
    But doing a little reaearch and taking all that I have
    heard from the knowledgeable people on this site.
    I have to give the Droid a try. I like that Goog Navigation;
    that won me over..................
    11-03-09 10:41 AM
    VZ has some very nice Win Mo devides coming out.
    But doing a little reaearch and taking all that I have
    heard from the knowledgeable people on this site.
    I have to give the Droid a try. I like that Goog Navigation;
    that won me over..................
    Can't wait until Goog Navigation hits the BBery. I would pay for that app.
    11-03-09 11:00 AM
    Watch for Bing Maps.

11-03-09 11:53 AM
    Watch for Bing Maps.

U always throw a monkey wrench in there don't u.....
    Will it be free though?
    Thanks Twin
    11-03-09 11:56 AM
    110% Free & with all the features we're getting in the desktop version + spoken turn-by-turn. Aerial, birds-eye, street-level, 2D, 3D, etc. Also, the ability to look up & save destinations on any computer to be pulled up on your mobile, so you can plot at home, then hit the road.

Together with MyPhone, the lines between desktop & mobile are becoming more & more blurred.

Microsoft is again finding their way & won't let Google top them. It is a good time to be connected, as competition only improves the breed.

11-03-09 12:12 PM
    110% Free & with all the features we're getting in the desktop version + spoken turn-by-turn. Aerial, birds-eye, street-level, 2D, 3D, etc. Also, the ability to look up & save destinations on any computer to be pulled up on your mobile, so you can plot at home, then hit the road.

Together with MyPhone, the lines between desktop & mobile are becoming more & more blurred.

Microsoft is again finding their way & won't let Google top them. It is a good time to be connected, as competition only improves the breed.

Wow Twin.......
    After seeing all the reviews and testing it for yourself what is your take on the droid. If I don't get the it will be the S O2 or the Passion. I am liking that
    glass screen on the Droid. Overall the performance does look quite nice.
    I did check out bing maps. Wow............
    11-03-09 01:11 PM
    Wow Twin.......
    After seeing all the reviews and testing it for yourself what is your take on the droid. If I don't get the it will be the S O2 or the Passion. I am liking that
    glass screen on the Droid. Overall the performance does look quite nice.
    I did check out bing maps. Wow............
    Between offerings like Bing & the upcoming WM7, the inside money is that Microsoft has awakened & is ready to sucker punch Google & Apple into the weeds, much like it did Netscape.

There is a reason HTC has said its near-term commitment is to use Android for its value lineup, & WM or Linux for its premium offerings - eventually, Android may be left for the lower-tier devices, like Moto & maybe LG. Samsung has mirrored that - both want to put out something to rival Maemo, with WM7 as their flagship - Android & iPhone cores aren't up to the task of competing & there is no reason for a manufacturer to have two open-source platforms, especially since Linux is so superior.

Nokia is sticking with Symbian & Maemo - nothing concrete as to whether they will ever embrace Android, even on value devices.
    11-03-09 11:56 PM
    Between offerings like Bing & the upcoming WM7, the inside money is that Microsoft has awakened & is ready to sucker punch Google & Apple into the weeds, much like it did Netscape.

There is a reason HTC has said its near-term commitment is to use Android for its value lineup, & WM or Linux for its premium offerings - eventually, Android may be left for the lower-tier devices, like Moto & maybe LG. Samsung has mirrored that - both want to put out something to rival Maemo, with WM7 as their flagship - Android & iPhone cores aren't up to the task of competing & there is no reason for a manufacturer to have two open-source platforms, especially since Linux is so superior.

Nokia is sticking with Symbian & Maemo - nothing concrete as to whether they will ever embrace Android, even on value devices.
    Android's core system is Linux 2.6 and Microsoft has a lot of catching up to do. Thank God they finally got a Windows that isn't a complete POS.
    11-04-09 12:04 AM
    I can't imagine that with Google and VZW pushing Android HARD, that its going to be a short term platform....

11-04-09 12:14 AM
    Almost, but not quite. Technically, both Maemo and Android run on Linux kernels. However, Maemo is a full Linux distro, based on Debian, while Android is a sole kernel with a few programs on top of it (Dalvik virtual machine and Sqlite database). On Android, all applications run within Dalvik, which is heavily modified version of Java virtual machine, with data fed to/from Sqlite.

To imply Android is on the same footing as Maemo would be like saying those old Isuzu i-Marks with "suspension by Lotus" were equal to an Exige.
    11-04-09 12:15 AM
    Almost, but not quite. Technically, both Maemo and Android run on Linux kernels. However, Maemo is a full Linux distro, based on Debian, while Android is a sole kernel with a few programs on top of it (Dalvik virtual machine and Sqlite database). On Android, all applications run within Dalvik, which is heavily modified version of Java virtual machine, with data fed to/from Sqlite.

To imply Android is on the same footing as Maemo would be like saying those old Isuzu i-Marks with "suspension by Lotus" were equal to an Exige.
    I would love if Maemo was available, but it's not so we have the next best thing - Android!

11-04-09 12:30 AM

Well therin lies the rub; because I read where the O2 won't be able to upgrade to Win Mo 7. Although I do change phones yearly it would be nice to
    get a phone that I could keep for 2yrs one of these days.
    So when do u think would be a traget date for bing maps coming to
    handhelds. I would like to see Win Mo keep a strong market share I got
    a soft spot for microsoft...................
    11-04-09 07:12 AM
    Well therin lies the rub; because I read where the O2 won't be able to upgrade to Win Mo 7.
    We don't know if any of the phones today will be upgradeable to WM7. That is up to the phone manufacturer.

For the record, none of the Droid phones will be upgradeable to WM7 either.
    11-04-09 08:06 AM
    We don't know if any of the phones today will be upgradeable to WM7. That is up to the phone manufacturer.

For the record, none of the Droid phones will be upgradeable to WM7 either.
    I heard somewhere that the HD2 will probably be upgradable to Win7. If nothing else the folks at XDA will get us Win7 early There's some dedicated folks over there.

11-04-09 08:21 AM
    If nothing else the folks at XDA will get us Win7 early There's some dedicated folks over there.
    You know it - pdageeks, too.

11-04-09 04:32 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD