11-04-09 04:32 PM
49 12
tools
    Is back in stock as I type this.

Get it fast if you want it.
    10-31-09 06:52 PM
    So, Twins, would you jump on the TP2 or wait for the Droid?
    10-31-09 07:13 PM
    I played with imagio today as well. did not seem like a bad device for WM. Also played with the storm 2, better than the first, but I still do not like touch screens.
    10-31-09 07:30 PM
    I cant stand WM. The actual device does have nice specs however.
    Last edited by cenloe; 10-31-09 at 09:29 PM.
    10-31-09 07:45 PM
    WinMo is definitely not for everyone...

A lot of people see it as being too complicated, and difficult to navigate...

If you want an smartphone that you can just pick up and use, but really not customize... Get an iPhone or BlackBerry....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 10:07 PM
    So, Twins, would you jump on the TP2 or wait for the Droid?
    I have both - right now, the TP2 is the better phone, even with WM6.1 on it - which mine no longer has, but I did run it with 6.1 for a few days before playing with it.

So far, I am unimpressed with Droid. Too square, too cheap-feeling keyboard & too tied to Google.

10-31-09 10:33 PM
    I have both - right now, the TP2 is the better phone, even with WM6.1 on it - which mine no longer has, but I did run it with 6.1 for a few days before playing with it.

So far, I am unimpressed with Droid. Too square, too cheap-feeling keyboard & too tied to Google.

I was pretty impressed with the build quality Motorola gave it. The keyboard was tight with the screen and didn't move around like the cheaper slide-outs we've seen come from VZW.

Overall I think it will provide a VERY nice alternative to any smart phone and could be a real contender for VZW against AT&T's beloved iPhone. Besides - Android and the iPhone OS are practically built off the same coding.
    10-31-09 10:43 PM
    I was pretty impressed with the build quality Motorola gave it. The keyboard was tight with the screen and didn't move around like the cheaper slide-outs we've seen come from VZW.
    Spend some time with a Nokia or HTC keyboard & all else seems cheap.

10-31-09 11:33 PM

Hmmm lots of reviews saying that the build quality is awesome. I'll have to see for myself in about a week

10-31-09 11:59 PM

Better with 6.1?? You got to be kidding me. In typical winmo fashion my TP2 with 6.1 needed at least one reset a day and sometimes 2. You are either very biased or got a lot better phone then I have.

11-01-09 12:07 AM
    I really wish nokia made more CDMA. I miss the N series
    11-01-09 12:28 AM
    Twin hates google lol.
    11-01-09 12:29 AM
    Is back in stock as I type this.

Get it fast if you want it.
    Like I posted before this has been available since Friday morning but not in all areas. If your zip still shows out of stock try this : 92557.

In fact verizon call me to verified that they have new stock and they send me my replacement Friday and got it this morning. The bad news is that is does not come with WM6.5.
    Last edited by sho95; 11-01-09 at 12:54 AM.
    11-01-09 12:51 AM

To be honest... After having time with the Touch Pro2, the Imagio and the DROID...

I can honestly say that I think that America will take the Android platform over the WinMo platform.

I personally think it ay take months to really determine which the better platform is for the moment..

Still watching...
    11-01-09 01:01 AM
    Better with 6.1?? You got to be kidding me. In typical winmo fashion my TP2 with 6.1 needed at least one reset a day and sometimes 2. You are either very biased or got a lot better phone then I have.
    Neither - I simply go in, clean out the junk that isn't needed, then go from there. I go for a week without a reset & even then, it is usually just for good measure.

6.5 does make a world of difference, though. Much nicer operation. I can't understand for the life of me why VZW is dragging their feet on the update for this phone - availability issues & now the OS. It is almost like VZW wants this phone to fail. I am going to check which OS the Sprint model is running.

11-01-09 01:11 AM
    Okay - so maybe this one isn't VZW, as Sprint is also 6.1 (and the Sprint model is twice the price).

Something I can't help but notice - and this is directed squarely at the naysayers - the Sprint site has customer ratings for the TP2 at 4.6 - the VZW site has it at 4.5 (Sprint's ratings are in .1 increments & VZW's are in .5) which is the same as the favorite BlackBerrys or better.

Imagio is similarly rated on VZW.

Maybe most people are not having issues with WM? I mean, the customer ratings represent a wide variety of users & not just tech heads.

One of my guys got the Imagio for his wife - she was first on an iPhone, which she loved, then a Storm, which she hated, then a Tour, which went back for the Imagio. This is a bright & delightful lady, but is blonde as they come when it comes to computers. She says the Imagio is the first phone she loves more than her old iPhone. She has no troubles with it, but she does envy the keyboard on Brian's work TP2 - but she is rather petite & just doesn't like the size of the TP2. It is just too big for her tastes.

11-01-09 01:10 AM
    I have just upgraded to 6.5 thanks the the smart boys at ppc geeks an xda and yes 6.5 is better. I havent had it long enough to comment on stabability. Htc new touch flo builds are really nice and and 6.5 is a lot more finger friendly, I'll be happy with it if i dont have to keep resetting it.

11-01-09 08:26 AM
    I have no problem with mine. Couple days between charging, no freezes. 6.5 is much gooder.
    11-01-09 10:15 AM
    I'm frustrated because someone else said this and it still says "out of stock" on VZW website when I put in my zip code and 3 of my local stores don't even have them on display.

11-01-09 12:45 PM
    Spend some time with a Nokia or HTC keyboard & all else seems cheap.

The Touch Pro 2 has a really nice keybboard... A HUGE improvement over the original Touch Pro... I really thought that phone as a whole felt somewhat cheap...
    11-01-09 12:57 PM
    Twins, what are your thoughts on the imagio? I am torn between this and the storm 2, I have a curve now, I like the bb but I want more,

11-01-09 01:06 PM
    Twins, what are your thoughts on the imagio? I am torn between this and the storm 2, I have a curve now, I like the bb but I want more,
    I like it a lot - except it is touchscreen only, which I am not a fan of. That is a preference thing, though.

I would probably wait just a bit longer to compare with the Omnia2, if you like touchscreen. The extra processor does make a big difference & that screen is incredible.

11-01-09 01:51 PM
    I'm frustrated because someone else said this and it still says "out of stock" on VZW website when I put in my zip code and 3 of my local stores don't even have them on display.

Stop being frustrated and just put this zip: 92557 and you should see it in stock and order it. Or Just call them and tell them that for fact you know the Ontario CA warehouse got them. It will be a long time before you see them in the stores.
    11-01-09 02:24 PM
    I can order it from a CA zip code when I live in PA? Plus I need to activate a new account I thought that had to be done in a store when switching providers.

11-01-09 02:47 PM
    I can order it from a CA zip code when I live in PA? Plus I need to activate a new account I thought that had to be done in a store when switching providers.
    Grab the phone on that ZIP Code, then create the account. You would be forcing the online system to grab you a phone from a different warehouse, is all.

You can do it all online, including initiating the port request for your number.

11-01-09 02:52 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD