These are possible upgrades for me in the near future. I am a business user, and am putting this question out there to see if anyone has used both devices, and what your impressions were, comparing the 2. Especially since this is a BB forum (and I currently use a Bold 9700), what are some drawbacks of each, especially of the Droid 2 Global (or Android in general)?
    11-28-10 05:01 PM
    I haven't used either one, but what I have read I'd like to give the D2WE a try. I'd have to port it over to AT&T, though. I just want to spend a couple months with Android to see what it's all about. That was the phonet that has me most interested (actually, the G2 looks better, but it's not in discussion here).
    11-29-10 01:50 AM
    Verizon is CDMA and AT&T is GSM Only time the SIM is used on a global on Verizon is if you are traveling outside the US and need to use your phone. That is why they have some BB and Android devices that are "global" Verizon has much better coverage than AT&T So my suggestion is go into the stores and play with the devices. Also on their sites there is a coverage map and you can type in your address and any other zip codes you frequent. This will tell you which carrier will best suit your needs. Do your research. I know two people who have the iphone and only because they wanted that phone. And unfortunately for them, they have horrible coverage and complain about it all the time. But they love their phone.
    For me, it has to be coverage and a phone. I have been with Verizon since they were known as Airtouch. Their phone selection is good. The Bold is a topnotch BB
    11-30-10 12:31 PM
    These are possible upgrades for me in the near future. I am a business user, and am putting this question out there to see if anyone has used both devices, and what your impressions were, comparing the 2. Especially since this is a BB forum (and I currently use a Bold 9700), what are some drawbacks of each, especially of the Droid 2 Global (or Android in general)?
    In general business users use Blackberrries. I get good service with my BB on AT+T and I have when I've traveled also. People with I Phones have complained about AT+T service much more than those with Blackberries in the same Service area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-10 09:04 PM
    It would depend on how soon you'd use that Global capability. You only have 30 days to return the device to Verizon. The Droid 2 Global should be no different from its solely CDMA counterpart. But, I would wonder how good its GSM reception would be.

But, more importantly, what are your goals with your new purchase?
    12-07-10 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD