View Poll Results: Will you be waiting for these new toys?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I am so excited I am on the verge of wetting my pants!

15 38.46%
  • No - I am happy with what I have.

24 61.54%
10-08-09 12:20 PM
48 12
tools
    Ok its tuesday and yes im impatient when can i expect these things
    10-06-09 12:04 AM
    I pray to god the Imagio isnt another Winmo fail device.

Im done with blackberry and im ready to upgrade
    Pfft WinMo IS fail
    10-06-09 12:07 AM
    Ok its tuesday and yes im impatient when can i expect these things
    Should be anytime - the site should go down for a bit, then return with new goodies.

Maybe I should check it out.

Pfft WinMo IS fail
    No - people who can't run WM fail.

Ever notice how the IT guys lean toward WM with a number of Linux & Android types hiding in the closet?

Going on three weeks without a restart on a TP2. Daily usage & nearly two days' battery on heavy running. It was about that long ago I had a Tour spontaneously combust. Talk about fail. Sheesh!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 01:13 AM
    The Imagio & Razzle have appeared online.
    10-06-09 01:33 AM
    The Imagio & Razzle have appeared online.
    hmm.... to order the Imagio or not to order..
    10-06-09 01:38 AM
    hmm.... to order the Imagio or not to order..
    WHAT? You weren't even TEMPTED by the Razzle?
    10-06-09 01:55 AM
    WHAT? You weren't even TEMPTED by the Razzle?
    Yeah.. Some how the fact that they had to make the keyboard swivel just to provide music controls kinda bothers me about that phone...

Bring back memories anyone?? lol..

10-06-09 02:06 AM
    Oooh yeah - wonder just how durable that swivel will end up being.

Hello Asurion? I left my Razzle in my back pocket and...

But onto the subject of the OP - I am sensing a huge VZW-sized letdown here.

The Imagio is terrific, but I was hoping for the Omnia2 and the TP2 in WM6.5 - as it is, the TP2 is still OOS with 6.1 and the O2 is completely MIA.

Leave it to VZW to botch a perfectly good opportunity...
    10-06-09 02:12 AM
    I STILL may hold off to see what Android has to offer. BLOWS my mind that we cannot get the HTC Hero, but Cellular South does? WTF?
    10-06-09 02:15 AM
    Huge Let down
    10-06-09 06:05 AM
    Last I heard VZW locked out the GPS on all WinMo devices. Unless they are planning on changing this I won't be switching anytime soon. Plus, I'd miss my push Gmail.
    10-06-09 06:44 AM
    Last I heard VZW locked out the GPS on all WinMo devices. Unless they are planning on changing this I won't be switching anytime soon. Plus, I'd miss my push Gmail.
    A) You heard wrong. Full GPS on the HTCs & Samsungs.

B) Google provides push Gmail to WM & iPhone. They will also push other email to your WM or iPhone.

Sent email to account manager since it isn't time for his lazy self to be up yet. VZW grilled on the ether.

10-06-09 09:07 AM
    When are the WM 6.5 phones coming out?

10-06-09 12:28 PM
    When are the WM 6.5 phones coming out?

They're here and maybe they will start rolling out
    TP2 with 6.5
    Imagio is 6.5 as well
    10-06-09 12:41 PM
    Don't get em wrong to each its own but I cannot see myself getting a WINMO device. I have worked with WinMo devices since they came out and the problems they have just drive me nuts. Once I started working with BB it has been a breeze. I recomend BB to everyone that is looking for a smartphone it's up to them to decide if they want to follow my advice or not.
    So to me NO WINMO thank you, trying to quit.
    10-06-09 01:07 PM
    Think I'm going to be switching to these Imagio phones (unless GoogleVerizon releases before Oct 20). Recently bought 2 BB Storms and fortunately I'm still in the 30 day return window. The phone just doesn't cut it for me. Too slow (even with .230) and it all seems to stem from not having 2d graphics acceleration (blits/stretch/tile, normal 2d drawing routines).

Also, not really a BB fault, but development with OSX is wonky in spite of everything being Java. Haven't looked into Android but with Windows Mobile at least you don't have any preconceptions of anything other than Windows.
    Last edited by bonfilio; 10-06-09 at 02:46 PM.
    10-06-09 02:44 PM
    They're here and maybe they will start rolling out
    TP2 with 6.5
    Imagio is 6.5 as well
    And now we can start yapping about the mid-cycle refresh in Jan/Feb, then 7.0 late spring.

As for the seemingly non-stop parade of anti-Windows types, yes, there were issues in the past. Most of these stemmed from trying to cram a desktop into your hand & users unaware of what happens when you delete a file or change a setting. Most of that has changed. New UI overlays, like those from Samsung & HTC, as well as dramatically more powerful processors & expanded memory have put the issues of the past in the past.

Now, instead of a Windows OS in need of more power to run on, we're seeing a BlackBerry OS that has plenty of power to run, but the OS is incapable of using all the power.

Basically, until you've tried WM6.5 with TouchFlo 3D or TouchWiz2, you really don't know what you're talking about. It is that dramatically different - not 7.0, mind you, but worlds ahead of BlackBerry.

10-06-09 03:11 PM
    Win Mo is fine jus like any smartphone device u have to do maintenance on it or
    it slows down considerably.
    Up to 7.0 ohhhh man nice
    10-06-09 03:24 PM
    Win Mo is fine jus like any smartphone device u have to do maintenance on it or
    it slows down considerably.
    Up to 7.0 ohhhh man nice
    More optione means more to get in trouble with. Just like a relative of mine who looks in his Win registry & can't remember what he changed, if you don't know what you're doing, LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

At startup, I find the TP2 to be a bit more responsive than iPhone or BlackBerry. After awhile, I find the iPhone & BlackBerry may be a little more responsive - until I realize just how many apps I have intentionally left open.

The apps close as easily as they do on BlackBerry, but not as easily as iPhone - it is that I use every bit of power the device has. Widgets? I want more. GPS running side-by-side with the browser? Check. Toggle between cascaded windows? Yup. Compare lists in two windows or side-by-side checks of Bing & Yahoo? I am there.

I can do the above on the TP2, but not on BlackBerry, nor iPhone. So when it slows a touch, I simply need to be a big boy & realize it is time to slow down and... PULL OUT ANOTHER PHONE!
    10-06-09 04:28 PM
    For now I'm happy with my storm
    10-06-09 04:53 PM
    It looks like is time to make sure I can still remeber my ppcgeeks.com password.. I had a htc 6800 before my curve and had some issues with the screen cracking. So got away from the touchscreen for awhile but this curve is lacking

10-06-09 05:15 PM
    A) You heard wrong. Full GPS on the HTCs & Samsungs.

B) Google provides push Gmail to WM & iPhone. They will also push other email to your WM or iPhone.

Sent email to account manager since it isn't time for his lazy self to be up yet. VZW grilled on the ether.

Nice, thanks for the tip. That was one of the reasons I picked up a BB, for Google Maps. The program stopped working on my XV6900 after I got the replacement and when I went to the store they told me it was being blocked. To verify I called CS and they told me the same thing after waiting 3 days for a cal back. Glad to see that's changed. I don't know if I could switch back from a BB though.
    10-07-09 08:14 AM
    Extremely happy with BBery. It's not only important as a lot rides on the ability for the device to function reliabily, but with a magnifing glass I don't have to worrying about tethering my laptop.
    10-08-09 12:20 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD