View Poll Results: Will you be waiting for these new toys?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I am so excited I am on the verge of wetting my pants!

15 38.46%
  • No - I am happy with what I have.

24 61.54%
10-08-09 12:20 PM
48 12
tools
    There is to be a slew of new devices hitting many carriers for the worldwide synchronized rollout of WM6.5 - a feat only Microsoft can pull off.

Here, we're only interested in VZW - AT&T & Sprint devices we're not really interested in.

Who here will be hanging on the VZW site late tonight or beating down the door of your favorite VZW Chamber of Horrors, err STORE, tomorrow morning?

Supposedly no new BlackBerry, Android or Linux devices are set to roll - only WM. What will you be looking for and might you take a step forward, out of the limited realm known as BlackBerry?

Names like Imagio, Omnia & more, as well as the WM6.5 TP2 may all be making their appearances.

What say you?
    10-05-09 07:05 PM
    Are they resistive touch screens?
    10-05-09 07:09 PM
    I pray to god the Imagio isnt another Winmo fail device.

Im done with blackberry and im ready to upgrade
    10-05-09 07:09 PM
    i was all ready to stay up tonight thinking that the new curve would come out......kinda disappointed
    10-05-09 07:23 PM
    Anything without a touch screen? Perhaps the HTC Snap
    10-05-09 07:31 PM
    Are they resistive touch screens?
    Yes - we will have to wait for WM7 for capacitive, but these will be multi-touch with haptic feedback.

Currently, the only capacitive support comes from iPhone, Palm, Android & some Linux distros.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 07:33 PM
    Yes - we will have to wait for WM7 for capacitive, but these will be multi-touch with haptic feedback.

Currently, the only capacitive support comes from iPhone, Palm, Android & some Linux distros.

Which ones do you think are coming out on VZW? I have been considering switching to VZW due to coverage and away from BB...maybe to a WinMo 6.5 device or maybe a Sholes/Storm 2
    10-05-09 07:37 PM
    There is to be a slew of new devices hitting many carriers for the worldwide synchronized rollout of WM6.5 - a feat only Microsoft can pull off.

Here, we're only interested in VZW - AT&T & Sprint devices we're not really interested in.

Who here will be hanging on the VZW site late tonight or beating down the door of your favorite VZW Chamber of Horrors, err STORE, tomorrow morning?

Supposedly no new BlackBerry, Android or Linux devices are set to roll - only WM. What will you be looking for and might you take a step forward, out of the limited realm known as BlackBerry?

Names like Imagio, Omnia & more, as well as the WM6.5 TP2 may all be making their appearances.

What say you?
    I can't wait for the new BBerys. You will have to pry them out of my cold dead hands.

10-05-09 07:57 PM
    I hope that we will see the Verizon Omnia 2 now.
    10-05-09 08:07 PM
    I have a 8330 now & was leaning towards a Storm 2. Now I am very seriously leaning towards WinMo. The HTC's are looking very good to me right now. Will stop in & take a look first hand tomorrow.
    10-05-09 08:09 PM
    i'm only expecting the imagio and the verizon omnia 2 is rumored to be running 6.1 when its released .
    10-05-09 08:27 PM
    I pray to god the Imagio isnt another Winmo fail device.

Im done with blackberry and im ready to upgrade
    You sit on a throne of lies.
    10-05-09 08:34 PM
    You sit on a throne of lies.
    You got off work 3 hours ago, should u be drinking or something?
    10-05-09 09:07 PM
    Rep said Imagio site tomorrow. Store on the 20th.
    I believe em cause the rep answered to Lastraid :-)
    10-05-09 09:15 PM
    Which ones do you think are coming out on VZW? I have been considering switching to VZW due to coverage and away from BB...maybe to a WinMo 6.5 device or maybe a Sholes/Storm 2
    Some will hit tomorrow - more will hit in the following six weeks or so. Tomorrow should be primarily WM6.5 devices. The later releases should be more along the lines of Android, S2 & others.

We should see a near complete revamp of the VZW smartphone lineup by the end of November. The TP2 was just the beginning & now, RIM is possibly in a panic mode now, trying again to push out the S2 - possibly before it is fully baked.

10-05-09 09:27 PM
    Rep said Imagio site tomorrow. Store on the 20th.
    I believe em cause the rep answered to Lastraid :-)
    Some of them will be that way - it seems VZW didn't want to overwhelm the stores.

Based on the sellout of the TP2 (online only), I don't know if I can blame them. They couldn't get store personnel up to speed & didn't want to train them too early, as some can't be trusted to keep their mouths shut.

10-05-09 09:30 PM
    Honestly, I really am DONE with any WM phone. I haven't had one yet that has done what it was supposed to do, so no, I am not interested.

Just don't want to chance it AGAIN.
    Last edited by ILuvGadgets; 10-05-09 at 10:01 PM.
    10-05-09 09:31 PM
    You got off work 3 hours ago, should u be drinking or something?
    Who says I'm not? Netbook + Football + Beer = Me.
    10-05-09 09:33 PM
    Who says I'm not? Netbook + Football + Beer = Me.
    Who are you rooting for & what are you drinking?
    10-05-09 10:03 PM

Then I would have to wait for one of those to take my interest away from my BB.
    10-05-09 10:19 PM
    Who are you rooting for & what are you drinking?
    The Vikings, simply from a fantasy football standpoint lol. And I'm drinking a Chimay Blue Grand Reserve right now....the Miller Lite was getting boring.
    10-05-09 10:36 PM
    Then I would have to wait for one of those to take my interest away from my BB.
    So let's see here - BlackBerry doesn't offer a full capacitive input, yet that is what it would take to move you off BlackBerry? None of the myriad other capabilities would do it for you?

Would you be one of those iPhone types if it came to VZW?

The Vikings, simply from a fantasy football standpoint lol. And I'm drinking a Chimay Blue Grand Reserve right now....the Miller Lite was getting boring.
    I always was a fan of both teams - so the outcome is unimportant to me. However, right now it doesn't look good for the Pack.

Regardless of the outcome, at least you're progressing dramatucally in your evening libations.

10-05-09 10:50 PM
    I always was a fan of both teams - so the outcome is unimportant to me. However, right now it doesn't look good for the Pack.

Regardless of the outcome, at least you're progressing dramatucally in your evening libations.

I've never been a fan of either (Go Bears!) but in my money fantasy league I have Favre going and he has Rodgers.

Thank you, thank you....I'm a bit of a beer snob so after this I think it'll be either a Delerium Nocturnum or a La Fin du Monde. Haven't decided if I want to go heavier or lighter.

Oh and just so this isn't totally off topic.....if/when VZW gets the iPhone, I'll be getting one. iPhone on my personal line, newest Blackberry on my business line.
    10-05-09 10:57 PM
    So let's see here - BlackBerry doesn't offer a full capacitive input, yet that is what it would take to move you off BlackBerry? None of the myriad other capabilities would do it for you?

Would you be one of those iPhone types if it came to VZW?
    What are the other capabilities that WinMo 6.5 will offer that beat out BB? Like maybe the Imagio which looks like a good device to me and equal to any product out from BB right now. Is there anything that gives a bigger edge over BB besides tech specs like camera and such.
    10-05-09 11:00 PM
    I have a feeling im staying up for nothing...
    10-05-09 11:53 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD