I currently have the America's Choice plan for $79.99 with unlimited messaging, and 900 minutes per month plus my BIS.

I had been upset that i wasn't eligible for Friends and Family, especially with all of the commercials about it.

So I called VZW to see what I could do about getting on Friends and Family.

The CSR told me that F&F started at $79.99, and I'm like, "my plan is $79.99." And then she dug a little deeper to discover that I was not eligible for F&F because I am on America's Choice and not on Nationwide Select.

So I asked her what the difference was, and she said that there IS no difference. It's the same plan with a different name, that allows you to have F&F. HELLO?????

I asked her why I wasn't notified, and she said that they were trying to weed out the America's Choice and get everyone to switch to Nationwide Select, and that they really didn't do much advertising about it. I almost got upset, because my online account kept telling me that I wasn't eligible (not knowing that it was because of the AC plan), and because I wasn't notified about the change. But I realize that I can't expect everything to fall into my lap. You have to go and look for what you want and be willing to do the research that will educate you. VZW can't do EVERYTHING! LOL!

So once I was totally sure that nothing about my plan would change and that I would now be able to add 5 F&F numbers for anytime calling, I switched to the Nationwide Select Plan.

My CSR did the best she could with what she knew and had, and provided the best service she could accordingly.

It was an interesting experience. But her attitude and willingness to help, kept it from turning into something that I could have made ugly.....and trust me, I can make things really ugly when I get ready.....LOL!....its a shame...
    06-26-09 02:25 PM
    There is one more difference... the way data is billed without a data plan, AC charges you minutes and NW charges per MB, but you have a BB so none of that matters anyway
    06-26-09 02:27 PM
    The most important call out here though is that F&F does not start at 79,99, it starts on the 900 minute plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 05:04 PM
    79.99=900 min plan

I just recently switched to this plan as well, from my old grand-fathered plan that no longer existed.
    Unfortunately a lot of my poor friends (including my Girlfriend) don't have verizon, try talking to them during the day without F&F. it blows!
    Glad I made the switch, even though my bill sky rocketed now.
    Oh well.....at least I'm a VIP customer now.
    06-26-09 05:16 PM
    And the F&F plan component is built on the Nationwide plans - AC is an old grandfathered plan. Change it & you lose it.

You cannot even increase or decrease your minutes on it.

A side note, though - F&F can be a component on any of the qualifying plans - Basic, Select, Connect or Premium. And yes, I know Connect & Premium are not available on smartphones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 05:20 PM
    As long as you know you're going to stay with BB it really makes no difference about switching over to a NW Plan.You need the BB Data Add-On regardless.Staying with BB and getting F&F is a nice combo.If you're like most people you'll never have to worry about going over your minutes again.
    06-26-09 07:56 PM
    79.99=900 min plan

I just recently switched to this plan as well, from my old grand-fathered plan that no longer existed.
    Unfortunately a lot of my poor friends (including my Girlfriend) don't have verizon, try talking to them during the day without F&F. it blows!
    Glad I made the switch, even though my bill sky rocketed now.
    Oh well.....at least I'm a VIP customer now.
    $59.99 = 900 minute basic plan, which is also eligible for friends and family. Doesn't need to be $79.99 or higher, needs to be 900 minutes or higher with a single line, or 1400 minutes or higher with a family share.
    06-26-09 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD