Ok guys I need your help, I have been thinking about changing from TMO to VZ for the 3G and Storm and need some help understanding a few things.

First off I do Love TMO but in Louisville KY we dont have 3G and the coverage tho good isnt the best.

So now I need to know a few things about VZ.

Question 1: With TMO it seems there moto towards their phones is "Do whatever you want" VZ on the other hand locks their phones to the point I am unable to send a simple mp3 ringtone to anyone with VZ. The question is from a BB stand point is that true? Will I be able to send and recieve media like ringtones and pics thru bluetooth or even MMS or am I stuck with the Verizon downloads.

Question 2: Is similar to the first question as in I have third party apps like jivetalk, Ascendo Money, Google maps. Will I be able to use them with a VZ Storm? This also will cover my 7gig song collection, or again does VZ have some sort of DRM policy or something off the wall that limits me?

Those are the 2 biggest things I Love about TMO is that they let me do with my phone what I want without having limits and needing to do what they say.

Please, Please give me your thoughts I really want to make a informed choice. I do need the help from you VZ folks.

Thanks
    11-22-08 01:25 AM
    I have no problems sending and receiving mms messages on my curve. Not sure about ring tones because I'm fine with the default tone and vibrate. I've dowloaded and installed quite a few 3rd party apps with no problems at all. Only thing I don't have is wifi and gps with other apps besides vznav. I can assume the same holds true for the storm. I did read somewhere that the gps on the storm is unlocked. Not sure how true that is because I do not have a storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 06:21 AM
    I have a VZW Curve. Yeah I use Bluetooth to send/receive mp3's and pics all the time using "Send using bluetooth/Receive using bluetooth." And no there is no restriction on what u put on your media card. Works perfect. The only restriction I can think of right now is the GPS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 05:43 AM
    Ok guys I need your help, I have been thinking about changing from TMO to VZ for the 3G and Storm and need some help understanding a few things.

First off I do Love TMO but in Louisville KY we dont have 3G and the coverage tho good isnt the best.

So now I need to know a few things about VZ.

Question 1: With TMO it seems there moto towards their phones is "Do whatever you want" VZ on the other hand locks their phones to the point I am unable to send a simple mp3 ringtone to anyone with VZ. The question is from a BB stand point is that true? Will I be able to send and recieve media like ringtones and pics thru bluetooth or even MMS or am I stuck with the Verizon downloads. Blackberries are NOT phones. They are computers that happen to make calls. VZW doesn't restrict ANYTHING on berries (gps blah blah - move on). You can send/receive whatever your little heart wants

Question 2: Is similar to the first question as in I have third party apps like jivetalk, Ascendo Money, Google maps. Will I be able to use them with a VZ Storm? This also will cover my 7gig song collection, or again does VZ have some sort of DRM policy or something off the wall that limits me? the ONLY restriction is you. Go nuts

Those are the 2 biggest things I Love about TMO is that they let me do with my phone what I want without having limits and needing to do what they say. VZW doesn't give a **** what you do with you phone, you can put the weirdest, randomist, craziest crap you want on your phone. AND VZW will guarantee that you still get your manufacturer warantee.

Please, Please give me your thoughts I really want to make a informed choice. I do need the help from you VZ folks.

Thanks

VZW is the ONLY carrier that will guarantee a 1 yr warantee regardless of what you do to the phone. As long as you will either let us troubleshoot the phone, or go to a store to look at it, you will have a WORKING phone.

The BS that you hear online is about GPS crippling, blah, blah.

If you buy high end gear, GO NUTS.
    11-23-08 06:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD