11-03-10 06:37 AM
54 123
tools
    I am wondering when a "actual" new BlackBerry will come to Verizon. I am limping along on a Storm I. I am out of contract, but have four other phones on the plan so I won't likely leave Verizon (and the service is good). I've had BlackBerry's dating back to the 7250. Currently, I also have a Torch 9800 for business and think it is by far the best BlackBerry I have owned. The touch screen, in my opinion is much better than the Storm's. That is personal preference, I know. It's a great phone. The combo, touchscreen and keyboard work great for me.

We also have an Android phone and have had an iPhone in the house. Both have been good smartphones. My dilema is replacing my BlackBerry Storm. The screen is almost unusable for typing anymore. Other keys highlight when trying to type or the screen freezes. I had never had problems until recently. The phone seems like it's on its last leg (and I have tried a number of fixes). How long am I going to hold out for a new BlackBerry to come to Verizon? Should I go with the Motorolla Droid Pro in November? My Torch allows me to still have a BlackBerry, but the Storm is harder and harder to use each day.

So far, still waiting on RIM and Verizon. Wasn't interested in the form factor of the Style that just went to Sprint. Hopefully, some news will break soon.
    10-18-10 01:56 PM
    Whatever they're going to sell I sure wish they'd just DO IT! I see Sprint has the new Style, ATT the Torch and so does at least one other one that I can't remember the name of the carrier right now. I check like every day or every other day and have been for about a month. What are they freaking waiting for, **** to freeze over?
    10-19-10 12:54 AM
    For all of you awaiting an announcement for the next BB on VZW, the PlayBook was announced a few short weeks ago. Well...it's not a phone but it does sport the new QNX that appears to be the future platform for BlackBerry devices. It has even been referred to as BB7.

BB7? We don't have an official BB6 on VZW yet! With the OS 6 equipped Style coming to Sprint at the end of October, I would hope we would see an official OS6 from Big Red to satisfy the Bold 9650 (fairly new device) owners who are still waiting for it. It looks as if an OS6 equipped touch screen has been scrapped...or has it?

So...if you had a choice, what would you want? A new touch screen equipped with QNX (would probably take longer to reach the market), or an OS6 equipped device that will almost be obsolete when released. I think the decision has already been made by RIM and VZW. Oh...don't forget...we have LTE coming and don't you want a device that will work on that? Patience folks...the next RIM/VZW super whiz bang device will come....just make it bug free.

...or get a Droid.
    10-19-10 07:24 AM
    I am wondering when a "actual" new BlackBerry will come to Verizon. I am limping along on a Storm I. I am out of contract, but have four other phones on the plan so I won't likely leave Verizon (and the service is good). I've had BlackBerry's dating back to the 7250. Currently, I also have a Torch 9800 for business and think it is by far the best BlackBerry I have owned. The touch screen, in my opinion is much better than the Storm's. That is personal preference, I know. It's a great phone. The combo, touchscreen and keyboard work great for me.

We also have an Android phone and have had an iPhone in the house. Both have been good smartphones. My dilema is replacing my BlackBerry Storm. The screen is almost unusable for typing anymore. Other keys highlight when trying to type or the screen freezes. I had never had problems until recently. The phone seems like it's on its last leg (and I have tried a number of fixes). How long am I going to hold out for a new BlackBerry to come to Verizon? Should I go with the Motorolla Droid Pro in November? My Torch allows me to still have a BlackBerry, but the Storm is harder and harder to use each day.

So far, still waiting on RIM and Verizon. Wasn't interested in the form factor of the Style that just went to Sprint. Hopefully, some news will break soon.

I am glad to hear this review, it's pretty much what I was looking for about the Bold on VZW. The only issue I have is that I use the Google Maps on my Droid almost as much as anything else on the phone. It's probably one of the best features that it has, and rightfully so since it is a Google phone. I really do want to go back to a physical keyboard, but I just wish I could have the touch screen available too. The Torch is a really nice phone and I kind of wish Verizon had it too, but I really wanna hold out for the Treo type device with both touchscreen and keyboard on the same face, if one ever comes out.
    10-19-10 12:14 PM
    I got a solicitation from VZW yesterday encouraging me to upgrade my smart phone. I love my BB which is the Storm 1 and like some of you, am waiting for VZW and RIM to wow us with a new touchscreen phone. I would have bought the S2.5.

I know the promo is a mass marketing mailer, BUT, the phones they were pushing in the ad were the Droid 2, Samsung Fascinate, and LG Cosmos. Being a BB customer of record, it kinda ticked me off that they would have me use my Nn2 on something else. It just seemed sneaky trying to tempt BB users to defect to their new offerings.

I hope this doesn't mean they don't have anything coming soon for us BB lovers. I'm waiting until the first quarter to see what VZW and RIM have to offer. Not patiently, mind you, but waiting none the less because I'm not interested in anything non-BB.
    10-20-10 09:37 AM
    I got a solicitation from VZW yesterday encouraging me to upgrade my smart phone. I love my BB which is the Storm 1 and like some of you, am waiting for VZW and RIM to wow us with a new touchscreen phone. I would have bought the S2.5.

I know the promo is a mass marketing mailer, BUT, the phones they were pushing in the ad were the Droid 2, Samsung Fascinate, and LG Cosmos. Being a BB customer of record, it kinda ticked me off that they would have me use my Nn2 on something else. It just seemed sneaky trying to tempt BB users to defect to their new offerings.

I hope this doesn't mean they don't have anything coming soon for us BB lovers. I'm waiting until the first quarter to see what VZW and RIM have to offer. Not patiently, mind you, but waiting none the less because I'm not interested in anything non-BB.
    I think it means VZW has a bunch of Droids they need to move. You're doing the smart thing by waiting. I actually received a telephone solicitation the other day to upgrade. I'm hanging onto my Bold until an LTE device is available and fits my needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 07:12 AM

I received an email from VZW on 9/24/10 informing me that my line was eligible for an upgrade. The interesting thing was that line just upgraded to a Storm2 (fail!!!) on 3/23/10 and the email had all Android devices pictured.

If Torch comes to VZW I'd get it, but I'd get a Droid before I looked at another Storm.
    10-21-10 08:02 AM
    I'm an storm1 user. I'm tired of waiting, based on the conversations I've seen in this thread I think I'm making the right choice of upgrading to the bold 9650. I'm going to do it today.
    The Verizon dude made me an offer I can't refuse.
    He said they are having a BB bogo sale till the end of the month, so I'm getting a very good deal. The kicker was they're telling me I'm eligible for 12 month upgrades now
    I think the 9650 will tide me over nicely for the next year, then I'll be ready for the new storm line.

10-22-10 07:03 AM
    I'm an storm1 user. I'm tired of waiting, based on the conversations I've seen in this thread I think I'm making the right choice of upgrading to the bold 9650. I'm going to do it today.
    He said they are having a BB bogo sale till the end of the month, so I'm getting a very good deal. The kicker was they're telling me I'm eligible for 12 month upgrades now
    I think the 9650 will tide me over nicely for the next year, then I'll be ready for the new storm line.

You'll like the Bold, it's the best in the VZW BB lineup!
    10-22-10 07:04 AM
    Anyone hear anything about whether or not the Style will be arriving at vz?
    10-22-10 07:49 AM

The 9650 is a great phone, and powerful.
    10-22-10 07:50 AM
    Anyone hear anything about whether or not the Style will be arriving at vz?
    Never, I hope. It looks like the short-bus of BlackBerries.
    10-22-10 07:52 AM
    Thx for the feedback guys, I appreciate it muchly.
    I thought it seemed liked the logical choice, now I feel more sure of that. I do think I will miss the touch screen, as I do my web browsing and forums and...everything else on my BB, but I'm sure the tradeoff of a better device will be worth it.

10-22-10 10:12 AM
    Holy crap!!! This bold is so much nicer than my storm was.

10-22-10 09:59 PM
    I am on the .975 on my Bold. I did try the 6.0 and I didn't like it. I am glad I was able to downgrade back and now have the .975 No issues
    10-22-10 10:15 PM
    Does anyone know if Verizon will be getting the new 3G Pearl? I personally loved the size and weight of this device. I agree with everyone here, nothing is looking that great right now. I have a month before I can upgrade and I'm hoping something better comes out.
    10-23-10 09:20 AM
    I have been wanting to go to the new Pearl or the New Torch badly from my old trackball tour, but Verizon doesn't seem to want to get any new phones!!!...I am seriously thinking of leaving VZW because they always get beat by other carriers on new BBs! Sick of this waiting crap!
    10-23-10 01:52 PM
    @DT: I switched back to vzw from tmo because of the coverage. I do miss my bold 9700 and wish I can get it with verizon, but the ****ty coverages of tmo and att made me sick already.
    10-23-10 01:58 PM
    I'm a little curious what people are really missing in the 9650 coming from a 9700. I can't see any major (and hardly any minor) differences between the phones. I'm sure BB has something in the works. The clamshell is one of the stupidest phones I've ever seen. While the Torch is a step in the right direction, I can hardly see too big of a difference that people are going to notice from a 6.0 9650 to the Torch besides some screen real estate and the touchscreen. The fact that so many people are "dying" for a line of phones that is so insanlely similar is somewhat puzzling to me.
    10-23-10 06:22 PM
    Hello......... Verizon is get a new and POWERFUL Blackberry. WAIT thats not a blackberry it is the DROID PRO. Android stealing Blackberry keyboard. Watching a youtude video of the Droid PRO and i thought i was looking at a Blackberry.
    10-23-10 08:30 PM
    I was in a VZW store picking up a couple of 9330s and asked our rep when they were getting new Blackberries. He said they should be getting one before the end of the year. I asked him if it was going to be the Style, like Sprint is advertising or the Torch or Pearl which everyone is asking me about. He said that VZW likes to move slowly on new devices to see how they are doing before they commit. He said "Just look at how the Torch is selling at ATT..." with a smirk and condescending tone like nobody wants it. I told him they may want to research the market in other ways because everyone that sees the Torch in our office is hounding me for one and I'm trying to keep from switching people back to ATT
    10-24-10 01:51 PM
    I wouldnt mind seeing the Torch on LTE...
    I think I can suck up my hatred for touch screens for that baby.
    10-26-10 05:36 AM
    Also waiting for the Pearl 3G
    10-28-10 09:29 AM
    I wouldnt mind seeing the Torch on LTE...
    I think I can suck up my hatred for touch screens for that baby.
    +1 an LTE Torch would cure my hatred for BlackBerry touchscreens!
    11-01-10 02:38 PM
    +1 an LTE Torch would cure my hatred for BlackBerry touchscreens!
    ...and how many OS updates before they get it "right?"
    11-01-10 03:31 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD