Has anyone found a good free app to have threaded sms, I was hopeing blackberry app world had it but no go, but the vibrate ring app is sweet. And it is free

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 08:50 AM
    Threaded SMS?
    04-14-09 01:19 PM
    There is an app called 3jam that gets pretty close from what I've been told. I hear good and bad about it so try it for yourself and let us know.

3jam SuperText :: Your Free Text Messaging Inbox on the Web
    04-14-09 01:24 PM
    Sweet I will thank you,

04-14-09 01:30 PM
    thats the one thing I miss about my windows mobile smartphone.
    04-15-09 10:08 AM
    thats the one thing I miss about my windows mobile smartphone.
    There are a lot of things I miss about mine. This isn't one of the big ones, but it would be nice to have it.

04-15-09 11:39 AM
    What is threaded SMS?

04-15-09 04:24 PM

looks like that
    04-15-09 04:28 PM
    Looks like bbm.

04-15-09 04:46 PM
    Looks like bbm.
    Nah - looks like Textr for WinMo.

Open API on WinMo sure makes it easier to customize your device. From what I've been seeing in device planning, my first LTE device is liable to be a WinMo phone. With WinMo, I can create my own push-like email from my server, or at least close enough - the rest is cake.

For a long-running thread on threaded SMS, look at this CB link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/new...sms-app-45603/

No use reinventing the wheel here. It is an app/RIM issue, not a VZW one. As such, this thread really is out of place.

04-15-09 05:26 PM
    argue argue argue, it's all you're good for.

get a job or something

(^^ you, yeah... you ^^) (I am too lazy to not do a quick reply.)
    04-15-09 06:16 PM
    This 3jam doesn't appear to be a native app. It looks like you have to use the bb browser to access this threaded UI, no? That's what I got from their website.

04-15-09 08:30 PM
    Whats wrong with the normal SMS?
    04-15-09 09:08 PM
    It's not as clean looking and easy to follow convo as real threaded SMS.

i'd love threaded SMS too. i love the way BBM looks!

04-15-09 09:11 PM
    argue argue argue, it's all you're good for.

get a job or something

(^^ you, yeah... you ^^) (I am too lazy to not do a quick reply.)
    You know that's what I am here for. I enjoy stirring it up and never want to actually help anyone.

This 3jam doesn't appear to be a native app. It looks like you have to use the bb browser to access this threaded UI, no? That's what I got from their website.
    That is correct - you end up with one more place you need to look for messages. A native app, like Textr would be better. Having the option within the phone would be best.

Whats wrong with the normal SMS?
    Nothing at all, especially if you text quick messages and don't hold conversations through SMS.

It's not as clean looking and easy to follow convo as real threaded SMS.

i'd love threaded SMS too. i love the way BBM looks!
    Have you tried running the conversations through an IM app?
    04-16-09 08:02 AM
    Well, i have BBM and AIM. But AIM boots me off constantly and i only know 3 others with Blackberry phones.

i text a lot and everyone i know has text capabilities. So, out with the threaded sms already!

04-16-09 08:28 AM
    Well, i have BBM and AIM. But AIM boots me off constantly and i only know 3 others with Blackberry phones.

i text a lot and everyone i know has text capabilities. So, out with the threaded sms already!
    An AOL app with connection issues? Say it ain't so, Chrisy!

I agree with you on the threaded SMS feature. To get it would require a RIM change, though. Only Palm devices come with it natively. WinMo phones don't have it, but their open API allows an easy fix with a third-party app. Those usually look much like instant messenger programs. RIM devices don't have an open API, so threaded SMS has to run through a separate Web-based process, like 3jam uses.

If I have to go through a separate process, I will suffer with non-threaded. Most of my texting is short & quick messages, with maybe one or two responses, so it isn't too big a deal.

04-16-09 12:27 PM
    I do have conversations with SMS, but I don't have a problem following it. Guess its just me.

04-17-09 10:34 AM
    I do have conversations with SMS, but I don't have a problem following it. Guess its just me.

it can be followed, but there is a lot of wasted space for the date, time, the lines separating the sms.

i usually one see 4 lines of the sms convo IF they are short. as opposed to something like BBM, AIM and how the treaded sms looks on a treo.
    04-17-09 10:50 AM
    WinMo phones don't have it, but their open API allows an easy fix with a third-party app. Those usually look much like instant messenger programs. RIM devices don't have an open API, so threaded SMS has to run through a separate Web-based process, like 3jam uses.
    WM 6.1 comes with native threaded sms.
    04-21-09 12:28 PM
    Hi all,

Give the 3jam Threaded SMS app a shot!

http://www.3jam.com/blackberry

Downloadable OTA at

3jam

You can disable the native SMS app from receiving copies of the message in the BlackBerry's Firewall security settings, so the 3jam app becomes a complete threaded SMS replacement for the native app.
    Last edited by enlai_chu; 08-12-09 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Added more details
    08-12-09 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD