04-29-09 12:10 AM
38 12
tools
    But why should I have to pay the extra $20 to get a "cushion"? I'm willing to pay!!! Let me pay $5 additional a month and add my numbers (guess what, other companies do that....) Do you know how many more customers they would be able to get by having the F&F on the 450/700 minutes plan, or at least have it as an option? I'd guess a whole lot.
    i don't disagree with you. i think its kinda lame that some features are where they are based on price plan or cost of your plan. but my point was that they made the decision based on business, not convenience for everyone. some people won't qualify for some features, but they have the choice. you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. but if they allow that feature for the lowest teir of plans, consider how much $ they'd lose by people adding the feature and lowering their plan $20.00...thats a **** ton of cash!

my problem is i've been a consumer, and an employee. the business sense that they have is really spot on sometimes, especially since one of their main focus points is increase shareholder value, but they also focus on customer service. they've made leaps and bounds to progress the industry to benefit the customer. $20.00 isn't that much. quit smoking, drink a few less starbuck's coffees in the a.m., and you'll make up for it. but again, its a choice. you can choose to hang tight and pinch the minutes and save $20.00, or drop the green and not stress. either way, if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice...

(mental image of the family guy scene with chester cheeta doing lines of crushed up cheetos, listening to "rush" screaming, "NEIL PERT IS THE BEST ******* DRUMMER EVER!")
    04-28-09 02:54 PM
    i don't disagree with you. i think its kinda lame that some features are where they are based on price plan or cost of your plan. but my point was that they made the decision based on business, not convenience for everyone. some people won't qualify for some features, but they have the choice. you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. but if they allow that feature for the lowest teir of plans, consider how much $ they'd lose by people adding the feature and lowering their plan $20.00...thats a **** ton of cash!

my problem is i've been a consumer, and an employee. the business sense that they have is really spot on sometimes, especially since one of their main focus points is increase shareholder value, but they also focus on customer service. they've made leaps and bounds to progress the industry to benefit the customer. $20.00 isn't that much. quit smoking, drink a few less starbuck's coffees in the a.m., and you'll make up for it. but again, its a choice. you can choose to hang tight and pinch the minutes and save $20.00, or drop the green and not stress. either way, if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice...

(mental image of the family guy scene with chester cheeta doing lines of crushed up cheetos, listening to "rush" screaming, "NEIL PERT IS THE BEST ******* DRUMMER EVER!")
    Want to give me the extra $20 a month since it's not that much money? (BTW, I don't smoke, do any types of drugs, go out, drink alcohol, drink starbucks, etc., I've cut back on expences as much as I can. I take public transit or walk, and do a lot of penny pinching to make ends meet.)
    04-28-09 03:07 PM
    Want to give me the extra $20 a month since it's not that much money?
    just do what i did and get a student loan for all of your bills...wait, i'm a student still idk how that works for you suckers who are working for a living! i'd be willing to give you $20.00 if you come mow my lawn and wash my car every week!
    04-28-09 03:09 PM
    just do what i did and get a student loan for all of your bills...wait, i'm a student still idk how that works for you suckers who are working for a living! i'd be willing to give you $20.00 if you come mow my lawn and wash my car every week!
    I'm still a student too. I don't believe in loans. That's why my credit is good enough for Verizon with no deposit. I only spend what I have and don't go into debt. I work three jobs too, btw.
    Last edited by niubeav; 04-28-09 at 03:30 PM.
    04-28-09 03:10 PM
    I'm still a student too. I don't believe in loans. That's why my credit is good enough for Verizon with no deposit. I only spend what I have and don't go into debt. I work three jobs too, btw.
    congratulations, then i won't be giving you the $20.00, you have three jobs while i can't find one! not one that will support my cost of living anyway.
    04-28-09 03:37 PM
    congratulations, then i won't be giving you the $20.00, you have three jobs while i can't find one! not one that will support my cost of living anyway.
    So $20 is a lot of money then?
    04-28-09 03:41 PM
    nope, i have $20.00 right now. but i'm not givin it to ya, you don't need it. you choose to save the $20.00. if you bump your plan up then i'd consider it
    04-28-09 03:44 PM
    I just handed over 190 bucks to the overage troll under the Verizon data bridge.... I'll take the 20.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 03:48 PM
    Wait i know im late here but Locked GPS i have used Garmin mobile nav4all googlemaps all with no problem
    04-28-09 03:53 PM
    But why should I have to pay the extra $20 to get a "cushion"? That "cushion" not becomes a "waste of money". I'm willing to pay!!! Let me pay $5 additional a month and add my numbers (guess what, other companies do that....) Do you know how many more customers they would be able to get by having the F&F on the 450/700 minutes plan, or at least have it as an option? I'd guess a whole lot.Th
    Good point and one that is easily made. So why doesn't Verizon offer such a gimmick? Why doesn't AT&T do it? Fear and the fact they don't have to. Fear that there are those who might drop a more expensive plan and work their calling into a less expensive offering. And they don't have to because the gimmicks on the lower priced plans are only available on smaller carriers. When you're the little guy without as much to offer, then you have to come up with things that will keep the customers you have. TMobile and Sprint have to come up with things because their network is spotty and perceptions have them as lower tier carriers. Even then, Tmobile's lower plan is 300 minutes compared with Verizon at 450 minutes for the same voice price.

It would be nice if they offered something like a 5/10/20 plan. $5 for 5 numbers, $10 for 10 and $20 for 20 numbers. On the higher plans they could offer bump ups like where if you had F&F 10 already, an extra $10 would give you F&F 20.

Again, good idea, but with that fear and competition issue, I don't see it happening.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 03:53 PM
    Wait i know im late here but Locked GPS i have used Garmin mobile nav4all googlemaps all with no problem
    You're on a storm...different situation.
    04-28-09 03:57 PM
    Hows about they might not make YOU particularly happy but they are making the majority happy and making a profit. Not a loss. Which VZW does spend on YOU.

Hence the overall best coverage. CS open on Sunday. Never speak to an outsourced rep. Major LTE planned rollout. Even so confident they prorate the ETF.

Honestly they really don't need F&F. Its more a gimmick to make Alltel customers feel at home with their small carrier tactics.

If Att didn't have the IBone then they wouldn't even be competition in regards to profits, spending, and loyalty.
    04-28-09 05:24 PM
    Lowest churn in the industry.
    04-29-09 12:10 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD