04-29-09 01:10 AM
38 12
tools
    For those that are dissatisfied with VZW for locking down GPS ( Other than BB maps), no wifi, dropping you off of the VIP program for no good reason, not giving Friends and Family to those with the lowest calling plans, and everything else I forgot to list.

Why do you stay?
    04-28-09 10:13 AM
    It's the network, baby!! Who's not happy with that?
    04-28-09 10:17 AM
    It is a hassle to switch, and people on Verizon tend to get a false sense of security and entitlement since they are with the largest CDMA carrier and paying more for their services...it must also be better.

Well, that may be the case in some things, but not in others.

Laugh all you want, but I think Sprint is the dark horse in this competition, and is going to make a comeback when people least expect it.
    04-28-09 10:23 AM
    I have been with Verizon forever. My daughter has at&t. She uses my phone quite a lot just to make phone calls. The network is great. Why would I change? I am sure that once the dust settles with you will see your complaints resolved. Hang in there.
    04-28-09 10:24 AM
    Laugh all you want, but I think Sprint is the dark horse in this competition, and is going to make a comeback when people least expect it.
    Thanks, because I'm laughing like H E L L right now!!
    04-28-09 10:27 AM
    pros = network/customer service
    cons = lack of phone selections / locked features

things that can't be helped = no simultanious voice/data

end result for me... we'll see when my contract is up this dec/jan. My feedback with other networks performances (in NYC particularly), the niagara and storm 2 releases and their features or lockdowns, etc, will determine whether I will stay.

In the end, I'm not angry enough to pay ETFs and switch. But I will voice my displeasure. And almost equally, I will voice my positive experiences with customer service and network reliablility as well. Which is why I stay for now....

But just because u stay, doesn't mean you have no right or duty to voice an opinion and complain when you are being done wrong... If you don't, then your chosen company will always stay on the same track and we would all still be forced to pay $2.99 for an MP3 ringtone, and then pay again per phone since bluetooth file transfer would be disabled as well as texting that same rington to another device... u still want us living in those days?

Happy with my answer ob1?
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 04-28-09 at 10:34 AM.
    04-28-09 10:28 AM
    In the end, I'm not angry enough to pay ETFs and switch.
    What is your EFT down to at the moment? I think I would be able to collect enough money from people to pay it for you, that way you can go and complain on the AT&T, T-Mobile or Sprint forum.
    04-28-09 11:11 AM
    It is a hassle to switch, and people on Verizon tend to get a false sense of security and entitlement since they are with the largest CDMA carrier and paying more for their services...it must also be better.

Don't mind if I do! Bwahahahahhahaha!! I don't think Sprint is going to be able to come back. They are the only US carrier that is going with wimax. A lot of people think it's great that they're rolling out their wimax network, a good headstart on LTE. But what most fail to realize, if you're currently a Sprint customer, you will notice a lot of time, that you're roaming on other CDMA networks, such as VZW, US Cellular, .... When wimax is released, and they're the only ones that went that way, they will have _NO_ roaming agreements with any other carrier, meaning that if they want country-wide coverage, they will have to build it from the ground up, all alone. Most other companies ( ie. the largest carriers Verizon Wireless and AT&T ) are going LTE, which means each company can build up networks in certain, seperate cities, and then have roaming agreements with each other... Therefore not having to spend as much money on deploying a nationwide network, as opposed to Sprint, who will have to do just that...

After the Nextel merger and now their wimax or clearwire ( or whatever it's called this week ) choice, I just don't see Sprint making any kind of comeback, no matter how cheap they make their plans. By choosing wimax, they put themselves out of competition with AT&T and Verizon Wireless.
    04-28-09 11:38 AM

I just did have a good laugh. thanks for starting my day off right!!

Sprint is so god awful, that people will pay the etf and then pay a security deposit with VZW, just to get away from them.
    04-28-09 11:44 AM
    pros = network/customer service
    cons = lack of phone selections / locked features

things that can't be helped = no simultanious voice/data

end result for me... we'll see when my contract is up this dec/jan. My feedback with other networks performances (in NYC particularly), the niagara and storm 2 releases and their features or lockdowns, etc, will determine whether I will stay.

In the end, I'm not angry enough to pay ETFs and switch. But I will voice my displeasure. And almost equally, I will voice my positive experiences with customer service and network reliablility as well. Which is why I stay for now....

But just because u stay, doesn't mean you have no right or duty to voice an opinion and complain when you are being done wrong... If you don't, then your chosen company will always stay on the same track and we would all still be forced to pay $2.99 for an MP3 ringtone, and then pay again per phone since bluetooth file transfer would be disabled as well as texting that same rington to another device... u still want us living in those days?

Happy with my answer ob1?
    If your contract is over in December or January, you're ETF should only be about $90 - $100. As much time as you spend on here complaining, if you went around collecting cans for a week using the same amount of time, you would probably have enough to pay your ETF and activation fee's for the new carrier you move to.

Also, everyone does have a right to voice an opinion, but repeating it over and over and over is really annoying and lame. And if you feel as if you are "being done wrong", maybe Verizon is just not the company for you. If you get one of those Paypal donation buttons, I'm sure you could collect enough to pay for your ETF from people here looking to help you move on to cause havoc in another forum.
    04-28-09 11:47 AM
    no other option in my area that has the same access. Verizon will continue to rape me for the unforeseen future.......
    04-28-09 11:54 AM
    i love how i see more and more of my friends and family switching to verizon.. i have had it for YEARSSS now and always told them to get on it.. and well.. took them a little while but nonetheless! they are with the greatest network!!
    04-28-09 12:02 PM
    For those that are dissatisfied with VZW for locking down GPS ( Other than BB maps), no wifi, dropping you off of the VIP program for no good reason, not giving Friends and Family to those with the lowest calling plans, and everything else I forgot to list.

Why do you stay?

If you have one of the lower price plans (39.99-450 mins or 69.99-700 mins for family share) why would you want the extra numbers anyway? Chances are if you have those lower price plans you aren't in need of the Friends and Family in the first place.

And who and why has anyone been dropped off of VIP for no good reason? I'd like to hear why.

Other than that, I get so tired of this GPS and WIFI debate.
    Last edited by ScottRPriester; 04-28-09 at 01:52 PM.
    04-28-09 01:43 PM
    no other option in my area that has the same access. Verizon will continue to rape me for the unforeseen future.......
    Could it be that no other carrier finds your area profitable? Maybe AT&T will come in and their identical rates might be less of an intrusion into your wants?

If you have only one carrier in your area, don't blame the only carrier willing to give you service.

Shortsightedness is the reality of many a phone addict and of places like CB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 01:53 PM
    Could it be that no other carrier finds your area profitable? Maybe AT&T will come in and their identical rates might be less of an intrusion into your wants?

If you have only one carrier in your area, don't blame the only carrier willing to give you service.

Shortsightedness is the reality of many a phone addict and of places like CB.

I just wish Verizon had a truly unlimited data plan. That is my biggest gripe. The fact that I have to pay to keep a limit on my "unlimited" data usage is ridiculous.
    04-28-09 02:22 PM
    Here's why they don't leave.

*waves hands hypnotically around in the air* you will stay with VZW... you will stay with VZW... you WILL stay with VZW...

Rican.... some of us are employees.
    04-28-09 02:23 PM
    I just wish Verizon had a truly unlimited data plan. That is my biggest gripe. The fact that I have to pay to keep a limit on my "unlimited" data usage is ridiculous.
    Your unlimited data plan is truly unlimited............

Rican......... What's a religious colt? The only kinds of colts I was aware of are the ones in Indiana and the ones in my gun safe.

04-28-09 02:34 PM
    If you have one of the lower price plans (39.99-450 mins or 69.99-700 mins for family share) why would you want the extra numbers anyway?
    I could not agree more with you.

You do have one other option, no cell phone at all. Guess you choose to be raped, but is it rape then when you choose?

Are you talking on your BB? Because it is unlimited, Tethering and Air Cards are limited to 5gb.
    Last edited by yester18; 04-28-09 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Langauge - edit
    04-28-09 02:36 PM
    for me, the data speeds with every other carrier are less than desirable, and once LTE comes out, i won't even need a DSL connection, i can just use BBA connect, and go anywhere i want with internet. that will be awesome! no other carrier has really offered anything particular equipment wise that would drive me to join. the network has always been the first priority.
    04-28-09 02:40 PM
    Jim from NW Pa

Not my storm, my modem plan.

04-28-09 02:45 PM
    Jim from NW Pa

Not my storm, my modem plan.

10 - 4........ So many seem to think the cap applies to berry data

04-28-09 02:47 PM
    10 - 4........ So many seem to think the cap applies to berry data

At one point it used to not have a cap. Then I made the mistake of dropping my modem and switching to tethering. Didn't like that and went back to the modem and had to sign it back up with the 5gb cap.

04-28-09 02:53 PM
    If you have one of the lower price plans (39.99-450 mins or 69.99-700 mins for family share) why would you want the extra numbers anyway? Chances are if you have those lower price plans you aren't in need of the Friends and Family in the first place.

And who and why has anyone been dropped off of VIP for no good reason? I'd like to hear why.

I'll tell you why on the lower price plans I would like my friends and family. I always come extremely close to my 450 minutes a month (sometimes within 5 minutes). Though I never go over, most of my calls are made to two numbers every month which happen to be land line phones. I would love to have Friends and Family (I'm even willing to pay $5ish to add it as a feature) so I can make sure I don't go over my minutes every month and not have to wait until after 9pm to call these people.

If I went up to 900 minutes just to get the friends and family, I wouldn't need the friends and family.

There are reasons my friend.
    04-28-09 03:33 PM
    I'll tell you why on the lower price plans I would like my friends and family. I always come extremely close to my 450 minutes a month (sometimes within 5 minutes). Though I never go over, most of my calls are made to two numbers every month which happen to be land line phones. I would love to have Friends and Family (I'm even willing to pay $5ish to add it as a feature) so I can make sure I don't go over my minutes every month and not have to wait until after 9pm to call these people.

If I went up to 900 minutes just to get the friends and family, I wouldn't need the friends and family.

There are reasons my friend.
    Your situation is both common and rare, common because lots of people would be close to one plan or another, but rare in that most people choose the convenience of paying the extra $20.00 as a "cushion".

As someone who's been a vzw customer for years and years, and even worked there for a few years, Ill say this:

Id rather have vzw and pay a little more, knowing that the investment back into the network that I rely on is substantial, vs. getting a T-Mobile, sprint, or even metro pcs (gagged a little just typing it).

A cell phone is a convenience and a luxury, with that said I pick the lavish, and reliable. If you consider the cost vs. value then vzw is a big winner, thats how I look at it. I pay "$xx.xx" a month, and I get "y" value back (being reliability, convenience, efficiency with my blackberry capabilities, etc). A lot of people approach the cell phone as a necessity and a requirement, especially people who haven't had to go without.

But everyone has their own opinion.
    04-28-09 03:43 PM
    Your situation is both common and rare, common because lots of people would be close to one plan or another, but rare in that most people choose the convenience of paying the extra $20.00 as a "cushion".

As someone who's been a vzw customer for years and years, and even worked there for a few years, I’ll say this:

I’d rather have vzw and pay a little more, knowing that the investment back into the network that I rely on is substantial, vs. getting a T-Mobile, sprint, or even metro pcs (gagged a little just typing it).

A cell phone is a convenience and a luxury, with that said I pick the lavish, and reliable. If you consider the cost vs. value then vzw is a big winner, that’s how I look at it. I pay "$xx.xx" a month, and I get "y" value back (being reliability, convenience, efficiency with my blackberry capabilities, etc). A lot of people approach the cell phone as a necessity and a requirement, especially people who haven't had to go without.

But everyone has their own opinion.

But why should I have to pay the extra $20 to get a "cushion"? That "cushion" not becomes a "waste of money". I'm willing to pay!!! Let me pay $5 additional a month and add my numbers (guess what, other companies do that....) Do you know how many more customers they would be able to get by having the F&F on the 450/700 minutes plan, or at least have it as an option? I'd guess a whole lot.Th
    04-28-09 03:49 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD