Quick difference breakdown between VZW and Alltel.
    10-28-09 03:17 PM
    This pdf doesn't really address smartphone plans?? Is there such for smart-plans comparison?
    10-28-09 04:27 PM
    There is no comparison.
    Alltel smart phone (smartchoice) plan is cheaper/better.
    PERIOD
    Keep it if you have it, and get a VZW device at contract price if you so choose.
    10-28-09 06:28 PM
    Quick difference breakdown between VZW and Alltel.
    other than the fact that it doesnt address the smart phone calling plans, what is the point of this? Are you saying we should dump our alltel plans and adopt verizon ones? Where is the extended N & W feature on vzw? C'mon son. you gotta do better than that!
    10-28-09 06:33 PM
    There is no comparison.
    PERIOD
    Keep it if you have it, and get a VZW device at contract price if you so choose.
    How does this work? Is that possible for coustomers that are still Alltel to get Verizon phones!? I am so confused by all this switch crap.

I am in North Dakota and I am still Alltel, but say the essex comes out for VZW and not Alltel........am I able to get a Verizon phone at contract price without switching to Verizon?

Feelis like such a newb question but I really dont get it
    10-28-09 06:44 PM
    How does this work? Is that possible for coustomers that are still Alltel to get Verizon phones!? I am so confused by all this switch crap.

I am in North Dakota and I am still Alltel, but say the essex comes out for VZW and not Alltel........am I able to get a Verizon phone at contract price without switching to Verizon?

Feelis like such a newb question but I really dont get it
    Yes you can keep your Alltel plan for the 1,230,324,632,867,832.025363 time..
    10-28-09 06:59 PM
    other than the fact that it doesnt address the smart phone calling plans, what is the point of this? Are you saying we should dump our alltel plans and adopt verizon ones? Where is the extended N & W feature on vzw? C'mon son. you gotta do better than that!
    You'll have to dump it eventually. Alltel is dead and gone. Welcome to a nationwide company.
    10-28-09 07:00 PM
    Yes you can keep your Alltel plan for the 1,230,324,632,867,832.025363 time..
    yeah sorry about that I just read all about it in the VZW section. Sorry about that. I dont get out much (mainly hang around the Hybrid forum lol) Sorry I will leave now!
    10-28-09 07:39 PM
    Dump it eventually? Like when?
    I keep it until I change the plan!
    My father is on a Sun-Com plan with AT&T (bought sun-com) service from YEARS ago.
    So when are YOU saying they will make me dump it??
    10-28-09 07:50 PM
    You'll have to dump it eventually. Alltel is dead and gone. Welcome to a nationwide company.
    I had EXCELLENT nationwide coverage on Alltel. Not everyone needs a "nationwide" company. So, that statement is no advantage to many.
    10-28-09 07:52 PM
    I had EXCELLENT nationwide coverage on Alltel. Not everyone needs a "nationwide" company. So, that statement is no advantage to many.
    exactly

I'm from Kansas and currently live in Arkansas.

Alltel had superior coverage in both states pre-merger.

Vzw barely even had a presence in Kansas , especially the western part I was from.
    10-28-09 11:05 PM
    Dump it eventually? Like when?
    I keep it until I change the plan!
    My father is on a Sun-Com plan with AT&T (bought sun-com) service from YEARS ago.
    So when are YOU saying they will make me dump it??
    Yeah and EVENTUALLY you'll have to change - meaning I don't know when.
    10-28-09 11:25 PM
    Wasn't referring to coverage. I was referring to how Alltel was a small regional company that based it's plans on the areas it served, but not on a national level. It never competed on a national level.

Pricing has to reflect the nation as a whole. With that comes the challenge of creating a happy medium. What you make in Arkansas is not even a house payment for someone in San Diego or New York.
    10-28-09 11:38 PM
    exactly

I'm from Kansas and currently live in Arkansas.

Alltel had superior coverage in both states pre-merger.

Vzw barely even had a presence in Kansas , especially the western part I was from.
    And VZW roamed off Alltel.. Just like Alltel roamed off VZW in metro areas like New York, Chicago, L.A., D.C., etc..
    10-28-09 11:39 PM
    There is no comparison.
    PERIOD
    I went through this conversation with a customer awhile back who had to temporarily switch to nationwide for a Global Travel Program loaner.

Once you break 'em down, you actually have a slightly higher price with VZW, but with a slightly higher minute count when you're comparing similar plans and features. The differences aren't all that drastic, and if somebody needs a few extra minutes, it would let them squeeze some out without a drastic change in price.

But if you don't need the extra minutes (and some people don't), then whatever... *shrug* You have to change out all your phones before the VZW price plans even become an option either way.
    10-29-09 12:47 AM
    There is no comparison.
    PERIOD
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/ask...ml#post3934754

Just one of many examples that this is not the case...
    10-29-09 03:43 AM
    Wasn't referring to coverage. I was referring to how Alltel was a small regional company that based it's plans on the areas it served, but not on a national level. It never competed on a national level.

Pricing has to reflect the nation as a whole. With that comes the challenge of creating a happy medium. What you make in Arkansas is not even a house payment for someone in San Diego or New York.
    I know what you were referring to.

But what I was saying is that not having a "nationwide" company didn't affect many people in terms of the service (coverage, customer service, everything) that they were able to obtain with their little, tiny, regional, "non-national" company.

So, I will reiterate, that having a "nationwide" company is not an advantage to many. We have accepted that fact that Alltel is gone and we are with a different company, but don't condescend to the fact that many people were quite happy and satisfied with the level of service tiny, little Alltel was able to provide. It's insulting and rude.
    10-29-09 07:48 AM
    I know what you were referring to.

But what I was saying is that not having a "nationwide" company didn't affect many people in terms of the service (coverage, customer service, everything) that they were able to obtain with their little, tiny, regional, "non-national" company.

So, I will reiterate, that having a "nationwide" company is not an advantage to many. We have accepted that fact that Alltel is gone and we are with a different company, but don't condescend to the fact that many people were quite happy and satisfied with the level of service tiny, little Alltel was able to provide. It's insulting and rude.
    Well sure you were satisfied with alltel. I was an alltel employee who got transitioned over. I'm not belittling alltel, just saying we're converted and there is no more alltel so no need to fuss over plans.

Verizon has a much stronger network presence with the purchase of alltel. They have brought much much better systems in for us to use. Its really just a good merge. And a national company can roll out lte and new devices quicker than a regional company. How long do you think it took alltel to get EVDO?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 10:24 AM
    This pdf doesn't really address smartphone plans?? Is there such for smart-plans comparison?
    No.
    10 char
    10-29-09 10:35 AM
    This is just a pdf I stumbled upon to help ppl look at certain plans compared to other LOL
    I never said that this pdf will solve all altell problems.
    Nothing can answer all question I'll see if I can post something with smartphone info.
    10-29-09 10:36 AM
    Verizon has a much stronger network presence with the purchase of alltel. They have brought much much better systems in for us to use. Its really just a good merge. And a national company can roll out lte and new devices quicker than a regional company. How long do you think it took alltel to get EVDO?

This is "potentially" a good merge for former Alltel customers. The problem is how Alltel customers have been treated during the process, and it's easy to come across as being offensive when it was not the intention, in defense of this merger.

The facts for many former Alltel clients include conflicting information from VZW reps including those in stores, CSR, and these threads. Also, many of us have experienced diminished service with the elimination of Sprint as a service partner. Also, you can't switch to a VZW plan unless you're eligible for an upgrade or are willing to pay full price for a VZW device. VZW likes to tout the fact that Alltel plans were allowed to remain but the fact is that this was done with the result of diminished service for many. At this point in time, tower convergnece seems like a myth. LTE is a carrot that can only become a reality when it becomes available and we switch our devices and plans.

IMO, comparing Alltel/VZW plans is a waste of time as most of them are comparable. More important is how Alltel customers have been treated in the aftermath of this merger and that treatment, imo, has been shabby. Verizon plans have been given the advantage of a hybrid PRL if your device works better on Alltel towers. Alltel plans have been left with costly device replacement to get VZW tower preference, or the option to stay with the diminished Alltel signal. Understandably, these facts have left many Alltel customers a little testy, to say the least.

10-29-09 04:01 PM
    Also, many of us have experienced diminished service with the elimination of Sprint as a service partner.
    Sprint has been readded as a service partner in some areas...
    10-30-09 07:22 PM
    Sprint has been readded as a service partner in some areas...
    Well...that's nice, but if they had done that in my neighborhood I wouldn't have had to purchase a signal amplifier.

10-30-09 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD