Round three ding!

OK so like many fellow crackberry addicts I started off with BIS and the desktop manager sync for my calendar.

Soon I felt the need to have my calendar sync OTA and leave contacts "tethered"

Step 1. Google Sync
    What I found was Google would go to Sync on my computer and my duo core desktop with plenty of memory would start to slow down and work so hard you almost had to take a break. I also had some anomalies on entries, some dupes, some did not indicate out of office as they should have.

Step 2. Of Free may not work so lets try BBerrySync.
    Version one had duplicate issues that I did get resolved but then came back
    Version two created an issue where appointments people had requested of me and I accepted started sending out update notices as if I was doing something with the meeting. Needless to say this software was then turned off.

Step 3. Off to ThinkPost.net
    At this point day two is upon us and no weirdness, no dupes, no strange updates sent out to meeting coordinators.

More to come
    11-26-08 08:10 AM
    Many updates to my calendar today and everything is working as it should.

The best part, the pre-sales repsonse is ultra fast.
    Questions have been answered very quickly and correct

Lastly a nice follow-up asking how this works.

Function and impression of ThinkPost are real high at this time.

If you are looking for BIS sync solution for your calendar, contacts, tasks and notes you should give this a try. $4 a month is not too bad for this...
    11-26-08 03:42 PM
    So how does Thinkpost work
    11-26-08 06:21 PM
    does it sync with Google Calendars?
    11-27-08 01:35 PM
    Hey folks,

Happy new year...stumbled on this today - I represent ThinkPost here and just wanted to answer the two questions I saw.

ok4a56: ThinkPost offers syncing b/w the BB and Outlook for Contacts/Calendar/Notes/Tasks. - all wirelessly of course. A plugin is installed on the BlackBerry, and one in Outlook. The installation/configuration takes no longer than approximately 1 minute, and after the initial process, it runs seamlessly in the background, without intervention. The sync occurs like this:
    1) BB to our server
    2) Outlook to our server.

Our servers are in the midpoint of all syncing - that way, neither the BB/Outlook needs to be on at the same time. We also have a webmail interface to access your contacts/calendar/notes/tasks online.

Libuff: Our product will work in conjunction with Google Calendars, but we generally advise against it due to Google Calendars having issues with duplicates. We have spent more than a year working on resolving duplicates, and the consensus is that we're going this quite well.

Our product has been heavily reviewed on BlackBerryforums and we invite prospective customers to read them.

If there are any questions, please don't hesitate to post them here or send me an email at support[at]thinkpost.net

Thanks - take care!
    01-01-09 03:16 PM
    Thanks for the info, I will have to look into this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 04:43 PM
    My pleasure - let me know if I can be of further help!
    01-01-09 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD