So I'm thinking of switching to Verizon in the near future when the Thunder arrives as I really want that phone and I have horrible reception in my house (all t-mobile phones do). So I was looking over their voice and data plans and I have a couple of questions. For the voice plan of 450 min and unlimited nights and weekends its 40, yet for the same plan with the BB data its 80. I read in this forum that the verizon data is 30, not 40, is that when u choose a voice and data plan seperate? Also, apparently I'm a noob, but to me, Verizon's website seems kinda tricky/confusing, I don't even know if the voice and data plan ($80) is unlimited data or not, they have a whole bunch of restrictions. Anyway, somebody please enlighten me.
    07-21-08 03:51 AM
    I currently have the $40 voice plan and the unlimited data plan which is $29.99 per month. I just bought a curve 2 months ago so I'm sure you would be looking at similar pricing. Who knows what it might be when the Thunder comes out though. Call customer service rather than visiting the website. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 04:34 AM
    Mine is 59.99 for voice (think I have 750 min), plus 29.99 for unlimited data (no tethering with this plan, you have to jump up to the higher one if you want to tether). Then on top of that I pay 9.99 to share the minutes with my wife and we each pay $5/month for 250 text messages per month.

They do have unlimited everything plans available that are still in a reasonable price range. As said above, call a CS rep or drop by a retail store to have them explain it better. (Just keep in mind they'll try to push you to get the most expensive plan they can talk you into lol)
    07-21-08 04:55 AM
    Well my data plane is 45 a month. its the BES kinds so i cost a lil more. Verizon is more expensive than t mo, but imo the service is alot better.

But in your case I think the $80 plan you are refering to is 450 min n&w all the phones stuff. and unlimited data for the bb but im not sure if that includes text and pix messaging. Make sure you look into that.
    07-21-08 08:30 AM
    My bill is around $145.00 a month but that includes 900 minutes for $59.99, the BIS plan of $29.99, insurance and about $59.99 for my built in wireless card in my laptop. The contract on the wireless card expires in Oct 2008, so I might drop that to tether my berry, but it is nice to keep them separate, so I am not sure.
    07-21-08 09:44 AM
    So I'm thinking of switching to Verizon in the near future when the Thunder arrives as I really want that phone and I have horrible reception in my house (all t-mobile phones do). So I was looking over their voice and data plans and I have a couple of questions. For the voice plan of 450 min and unlimited nights and weekends its 40, yet for the same plan with the BB data its 80. I read in this forum that the verizon data is 30, not 40, is that when u choose a voice and data plan seperate? Also, apparently I'm a noob, but to me, Verizon's website seems kinda tricky/confusing, I don't even know if the voice and data plan ($80) is unlimited data or not, they have a whole bunch of restrictions. Anyway, somebody please enlighten me.
    Verizons website isn't as simple as it could be, but choose the phone first, then the plan. When the thunder does come available add it to your cart, then select email and web for blackberry (29.99) it's "unlimited" (5gb) data.
    07-21-08 10:18 AM
    We just ported to verizon and have now had them for a month...

Our bill is 99 for Family share 700 min with untld text
    $29X2 for 2 bb internet svc
    $6X2 insurance
    $10 1 phone has vz nav

we also get 20% discount on all svcs plus main line. so prob about 150 mo or so.
    07-21-08 11:23 PM
    yea i have been a vzw cust for along time. they have a great data network and its fast. att is braging about 3g speeds but vzw has been 3g capable for years now. so they are way ahead of the game. they lag in phones being released but if you want good covg and landline call quality then go with vzw
    07-22-08 01:00 AM
    I could definitely be wrong on this one but...
    I think the reason its $80 and not $70 for the 450 minutes plus the data plan is b/c you may also have unlimited in pix/text messaging-500 other carrier texting/pix messaging~>this is $10. I could be wrong but Im almost positive that is why the math doesnt work out properly.

The $29.99 data is for BIS
    $45.99 (I think that is the price) is for BES
    Im almost positive both of these are unlimited Data

Dont know if this helps
    07-22-08 01:41 AM
    I believe WackBerry is right in her assumption.

Even if she isn't though, and the math is wrong, you can buy the plan you wanted and just add the feature "E-mail and Web for BlackBerry" and your bill will be $70/month.
    07-22-08 02:31 AM
    Verizon for me was a nightmare. They have a terrible warranty program and an even more terrible staff to deal with in stores. One time I had to leave my phone in thier hands so they could reinstall software and when I came back at the end of the day one worker told me he never had time to get to it and to come back another day. I also tried (before I bought my lovely BB) to buy a treo and when I went to the counter the sales person to me I had to buy it off of ebay and I couldn't buy it in the store because it was too expensive. I thought they worked off of commission? I paid well over $100 for my plan which only included 50 texts, 400 minutes, and I was charged for any data.

At tmo I now pay $75 for unlimited EVERYTHING! The staff is wonderful and I love giving them my money.

Oh, and when my contract was up with verizon, they charged me over $400 to drop their service which was a huge telephone war... Terrible.
    07-22-08 02:48 AM
    We live in a rural area and we have Verizon Wireless because the coverage area is superb.

My only gripe with Verizon is that they cripple the GPS on their phones so that customers have to pay for VZNavigator if they want GPS. VZNavigator doesn't work for geocaching. I have anger issues with Verizon over this.

Other than that, I have had good customer service and great coverage.
    07-22-08 04:09 AM
    I had two issues when I first got ny VZW BB early June. A ton of spam test messages started coming in when the phone was activated (I was told by VZW store that I must be giving my number out to too many people-WHAT!!!!) and the other issue was finalizing the BB set up which the store could/did not do but the 800 help line person was great. He also was wondering what the H was wrong with the store people. VZW did remove the $30.00 plus charges in spam text msgs. from the bill, I have since blocked SMS messages. The phone coverage for VZW in my area is great, use the 800 help line if assistance is needed and visit this site for help it is wonderful.
    Good Luck
    07-22-08 06:48 AM
    Go with Alltel or Sprint if you want to have access to the phones built-in GPS. Verizon has locked out the GPS to prevent you from using free mapping programs effectively. Alltel is merging with Verizon, so who knows what will happen with their phones.
    07-22-08 10:06 AM
    I am on 1350 minutes 79.99 + data plan 30.00

When I got my BB, I was at 2000 minutes and VZW told me that the data plan would be 44.95, unless I went up to 4000 minutes or down to 1350, and then the data plan would be 30.00
    07-22-08 03:28 PM
    Verizon for me was a nightmare. They have a terrible warranty program and an even more terrible staff to deal with in stores. One time I had to leave my phone in thier hands so they could reinstall software and when I came back at the end of the day one worker told me he never had time to get to it and to come back another day. I also tried (before I bought my lovely BB) to buy a treo and when I went to the counter the sales person to me I had to buy it off of ebay and I couldn't buy it in the store because it was too expensive. I thought they worked off of commission? I paid well over $100 for my plan which only included 50 texts, 400 minutes, and I was charged for any data.

At tmo I now pay $75 for unlimited EVERYTHING! The staff is wonderful and I love giving them my money.

Oh, and when my contract was up with verizon, they charged me over $400 to drop their service which was a huge telephone war... Terrible.
    HOLY when when this?
    I pay about $140 for 2 lines, 1400 shared minutes, unlimited text/pix, 500 out of network text on my phone, 250 on the husbands, the data on my phone and insurance on both phones....that seems extremely HIGH! I would have left VZW too LOL

I have also found that calling the number is much more productive then going into the store.
    Last edited by WackBerry; 07-23-08 at 01:55 AM.
    07-23-08 01:52 AM
    Hey raptor it souns like you went to a authorized retailer instead of a verizon corporate store. The reason that he said the treo was too much is simple to understand. The auth ret work on cossignment. They have to put of for the phone. And then vz pays them for activating it 3 months later. They might not have had the $ to do that. Trust me the phones are a lot more expensive than the advertised price

07-23-08 05:10 AM
    I pay $99 for unlimted data, text, and voice.
    07-23-08 06:29 AM
    We pay about $290 a month for 5 lines. Unlimited text, 3000 (I think) shared minutes and web on 2 of them. Only mine is Blackberry. And of course I have unlimited data.

07-23-08 07:08 AM
    As I've previously stated many times in other threads, you shouldn't be disappointed with Verizon.

The EVDO 3G is great too
    07-23-08 10:42 AM
    Verizon's web site is weird. If you select the integrated BlackBerry voice and data plan it's a whole different rate structure; your texts and Internet usage are bundled but it costs more than their regular Nationwide plans.

What you want to do is ADD the unlimited BlackBerry Email and Web plan for $30 to your existing voice plan. You'll need Nationwide Select to get unlimited texting though, which is NOT part of the BlackBerry add-on.

IOW, if you go with the bundled voice+BB data plan, unlimited texts are included. But if you add the $30 BB Email and Web plan to a voice plan they aren't, you need to add that to your voice plan.

But if you do, you'll get the same minutes, email, and web if you simply add it to your voice plan for $10 less than the special BB voice+data plans, everything else being equal.

The bundled BB "data and voice" plan includes BES access, but few people need that. Still, their web site steers you to that anyway. The only workaround, if you're buying it from their web site, is to put the BlackBerry into your shopping cart THEN check the box for the unlimited BB email and Internet as an add-on to your voice (plus text) plan.
    Last edited by kwsmithphoto; 07-25-08 at 05:36 AM.
    07-25-08 05:27 AM
    I pay $99 for unlimted data, text, and voice.
    what plan is that? how did you get that deal?... :||
    08-22-08 02:11 AM
    The good thing with VZW is that they dont know a lot about blackberrys. I say that this is good because every time they cant fix something over they phone they send out a new bb.
    08-22-08 09:49 AM
    The good thing with VZW is that they dont know a lot about blackberrys. I say that this is good because every time they cant fix something over they phone they send out a new bb.
    I realized that the day I picked my Curve up from them... :||
    08-22-08 11:04 PM
    what plan is that? how did you get that deal?... :||
    I want to know too!
    08-23-08 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD