05-31-09 03:59 PM
167 ... 4567
tools
    Vzw said the balance keeps forwarding just from the previous month, which I always pay, so I have no clue what is happening.

And yes, vzw has the most coverage and best signal here. Hence why I don't want to switch, I just want to get my bill straight.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 11:54 PM
    Do you get a summary of what exactly the extra charges are? On my Telus bill it'll show what I get charged for my voice plan, data plan and whatever extra features I may have. Then it'll show anything that's over an above, like overage minutes, long distance calls etc.
    Yup. I view my bill online daily. The only specific is balance forwarded with an amount. Other than that, no overages of any sort.

09-22-08 11:55 PM
    Do you have confirmation number from your payments so you can go back and show that you've paid them?
    09-22-08 11:56 PM
    Do you have confirmation number from your payments so you can go back and show that you've paid them?
    Well, no. Honestly I don't. But my payments are reflected in the history. At least that is what the last rep told me. This month, I had $50+ in taxes and surcharges. I was told that those were usual state/city taxes, but that portion of my bill has never been over $20 per month. No reps seem to want to explain this.

09-22-08 11:59 PM
    that much is either a recon fee or act fee. Have we hotlined you at all?
    09-23-08 12:07 AM
    Well I maybe unpopular here. I am a newbee as well, so be easy on me. I love Sprint 12 yrs awesome plan 95$. Great service for me in Western WA.
    09-23-08 12:07 AM
    Thanks dino, but sprint has generally unreliable service here.

Brian, vzw hotlined me early in the month. I called in and asked why. The sup I spoke to said my acct was fine and wasn't in suspension, and that they didn't know why it was suspended. They said they would credit the fee to reconnect, obviously. So I don't think that could be it.

09-23-08 12:10 AM
    Jena, from past experience with Verizon & AT&T I can tell you first is to try to get that fixed with Verizon if you really want to stay with them. If you are telling the truth about ALWAYS paying your bills ON TIME and Verizon is being unreasonable or not even resolving the issue and still making you pay that redundant bill, I would not even think about it and switch to another carrier. Also about considering AT&T as your other carrier is a big NO NO in my book, worst service(Network wise) here in AZ. I also did the stupid decision going from Verizon to AT&T... Yeah you can check there coverage online and it tell you that have excellent signal around your home/neighbor hood but once you go out somewhere or wherever DAMN!! you are going to be frustrated. If you do switch over, Good Luck to you. :-) Also when I went to AT&T I as-well got the iPhone, only difference I got the 1st Gen & you would be getting the 2nd Gen lol. :-D
    Last edited by RLeon; 09-23-08 at 01:05 AM.
    09-23-08 01:02 AM
    Thanks dino, but sprint has generally unreliable service here.

Brian, vzw hotlined me early in the month. I called in and asked why. The sup I spoke to said my acct was fine and wasn't in suspension, and that they didn't know why it was suspended. They said they would credit the fee to reconnect, obviously. So I don't think that could be it.

Then I can tell you right now that is qhat the extra cost is. If you were hotlined then the charge is on the bill. Regardless of the credit. Credits will be on the top of the bill. Tax and VZW charges go into the surcharges. So if we hotlined you then that is definately the reason why.

To go with that you may have prorated overage due to the hotline. Since I am no longer at work (gotta love posting from my escalation que lol) ican go over your charges.

Post up the big 3: voice, data, and vzw charges.
    09-23-08 01:23 AM
    Have you considered T-Mobile at all?
    I live down in Tucson and I have T-Mobile and it works perfect for me. I've never had any dropped calls nor have I had any problems with CS about any issues really.

I'd probably skip out on AT&T just because of the errors you've been reading from different people.

Just my 0.02 though
    09-23-08 01:29 AM
    Well, no. Honestly I don't. But my payments are reflected in the history. At least that is what the last rep told me. This month, I had $50+ in taxes and surcharges. I was told that those were usual state/city taxes, but that portion of my bill has never been over $20 per month. No reps seem to want to explain this.

First, let me say I live in the New York metropolitan area and Sprint, T-Mobile, and Virgin Mobile are terrible here. AT&T is good for data, but voice and Internet are terrible. Verizon is the only viable option.

Next, I don't know what area you're in, but local, state and federal taxes are going up every day. Last I checked, taxes can be as much as 36% of your bill. I'm not sure how they're calculated (I don't know if there are "brackets" per se or just a flat tax based on your area), but my taxes often yo-yo up and down. I probably pay 3 911 fees. $50 does sound awfully high, however, considering I only paid $25 in fees last month for 5 lines of service on a $230 bill. But that was 17% of my pre-tax bill. Again, I don't your situation.
    09-23-08 06:07 AM
    ^^^^ Wow I dont know what part of the Metro Area you're talking about...

But with Sprint I have outstanding coverage...Only problem spots are Highrise buildings where you start to get alot of pilot pollution (Airave takes care that problem for apts buildings) and subway stations deep underground. All carriers suffer from this in NYC, other then that, Sprint is not a problem.
    09-23-08 08:48 AM
    I am not sure why people think sprint plans are so cheap at 99 bucks for unlimited everything. When I was with VZW I had voice + data at $70 bucks and unlimited texting for $20. If i wanted more minutes, just add 10 bucks. Sure it would be good to have unlimited minutes, but most people don't need unlimited minutes especially if you get far better service with VZW or someone else.

Jenay,

I have had service with all 4 of the major companies. TMO for 1 year, Sprint for 4, VZW for 2 and now AT&T for 4 months. I have had terrible experience with both t-mo and sprint and great with VZW and so far so good with AT&T. I'm sure others have had the opposite. Each company is good in its own right. I just found that in my experience, T-mo and Sprint didn't cut it. I don't think they are bad companies, just not for me. I have friends who are all on different networks. At one point we all had sprint back in college, but out of the 13 that had sprint only 2 remain. With that said, just try the one that works for you. I'm sure you already know this. And it makes you feel any better, there looks like there's a GSM touchscreen blackberry out there .
    09-23-08 09:02 AM
    Yes I have considered tmo, but as I said, I'm unsure of their coverage here in scottsdale. As far as my bill, $130 is my monthly access fee, the $10 for an additional line, and $30 for my data plan. So I should be paying a bit more than $170/month. However, its always way more. Like I said, vzw always says I have a forwarded balance from the month previous, so its not overages.

09-23-08 09:54 AM
    I have a corporate issued Verizon phone but probably would have gone with Sprint if it was a personal account.

I have been a Sprint customer and, in the NYC area, coverage was adequate. They are also cheaper when it comes to unlimited data plans. when I first considered Sprint, I was worried about the network. However, Sprint offers a plan whereby you get unlimited roaming for $5/mo. I was pretty sure this meant you basically get Verizon's voice network for this price. I think it also includes data but am not sure.

In the end, I never bothered getting the extra $5 plan because my coverage was fine. I may have dropped a few calls but it was rare and I got decent signal strength anywhere i went.

FWIW, my information is from flawed memory that's almost 2 years old so it might be a different case now.

BTW, I was also a Cingular/ATT customer for a year before getting my VZW phone last month. ATT is not that great in my area. The call quality was bad and there seemed to be more dead zones and dropped calls. it still wasn't terrible but it was enough to notice the difference from the CDMA carriers.
    09-23-08 10:02 AM
    So now here is where ish gets weird.

I just talked to Verizon for about 8 hours, and apparently they have received all my payments. However, my zip code authorization failed, causing the payments to reflect as not paid, even though they debited my account, and the balances just kept on forwarding. On top of that, they had data plans on BOTH my lines, even though the other line is not a Blackberry and doesn't even require a data plan. Duh.

Is it just me, or does this not even remotely make sense!?
    09-23-08 10:53 AM

I just talked to Verizon for about 8 hours, and apparently they have received all my payments. However, my zip code authorization failed, causing the payments to reflect as not paid, even though they debited my account, and the balances just kept on forwarding. On top of that, they had data plans on BOTH my lines, even though the other line is not a Blackberry and doesn't even require a data plan. Duh.

Umm, no, that does not make any sense at all. So, where do you go from there I wonder?
    09-23-08 11:01 AM
    Goodness, 8 hours? That's a great deal of patience. Sooooooooo they are giving you your money back or hella credit on your account?
    09-23-08 11:03 AM
    They said they are looking into what all needs to be credited. At least I am getting somewhere!!
    09-23-08 11:33 AM
    I have a corporate issued Verizon phone but probably would have gone with Sprint if it was a personal account.

I have been a Sprint customer and, in the NYC area, coverage was adequate. They are also cheaper when it comes to unlimited data plans. when I first considered Sprint, I was worried about the network. However, Sprint offers a plan whereby you get unlimited roaming for $5/mo. I was pretty sure this meant you basically get Verizon's voice network for this price. I think it also includes data but am not sure.

In the end, I never bothered getting the extra $5 plan because my coverage was fine. I may have dropped a few calls but it was rare and I got decent signal strength anywhere i went.

FWIW, my information is from flawed memory that's almost 2 years old so it might be a different case now.

BTW, I was also a Cingular/ATT customer for a year before getting my VZW phone last month. ATT is not that great in my area. The call quality was bad and there seemed to be more dead zones and dropped calls. it still wasn't terrible but it was enough to notice the difference from the CDMA carriers.
    The no charge roaming is included in the plans now, as long as 51% of your calls are on the Sprint network.
    Last edited by niubeav; 09-23-08 at 11:44 AM.
    09-23-08 11:37 AM
    Hopefully they will get this figured out for you, so you can get on with your life...
    09-23-08 11:39 AM
    Hopefully they will get this figured out for you, so you can get on with your life...
    Heh thanks I know, right? I don't get it, really - but maybe that's just the blonde in me.

09-23-08 11:44 AM

Doesn't make a lot of sense, but I guess that's what happens when computers take care of everything and then people are left trying to figure out the electronic trail.

At least you are getting some answers and getting somewhere. Let's hope it's all sorted out soon
    09-23-08 01:43 PM
    Heh thanks I know, right? I don't get it, really - but maybe that's just the blonde in me.

Sounds like some progress is being made . Glad to hear. Now hopefully for the inconvenience they will do more than just credit your money back. Good luck.
    09-23-08 02:15 PM

Wait... You're blonde?!?!?!?
    09-23-08 03:49 PM
167 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD