05-31-09 03:59 PM
167 ... 23456 ...
tools
    HHmm, now I am scared! I had AT&T for 9 years and 2 weeks ago I switched to Verizon

Hey Jenay did you call them back? Are you going to switch? Hope they fix everything soon.
    09-22-08 02:53 PM
    What are you trying to say here?
    Maybe I was in the wrong thread. I just came cross the news that Verizon will offer contract-free service starting today. Anyway I was trying to say that switching to different carrier will still be costly even without signing up new contract because the same phone will not work in all network.
    09-22-08 02:59 PM
    Join the dark side!
    09-22-08 02:59 PM
    HHmm, now I am scared! I had AT&T for 9 years and 2 weeks ago I switched to Verizon

Hey Jenay did you call them back? Are you going to switch? Hope they fix everything soon.
    I haven't had time to call yet, and at this point, yes I am switching carriers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 03:01 PM
    Maybe I was in the wrong thread. I just came cross the news that Verizon will offer contract-free service starting today. Anyway I was trying to say that switching to different carrier will still be costly even without signing up new contract because the same phone will not work in all network.
    Just out of curiosity, wouldn't this just be a prepaid plan, essentially?

09-22-08 03:15 PM

09-22-08 03:16 PM

Yes and no. From my understanding, there is still a credit check required. Basically, it is the same as a regular plan, but there is no committment. You would still be on a plan, just like a customer in contract. You wouldn't have to purchase minute cards like a prepaid plan.
    09-22-08 04:19 PM
    Yeah I mostly agree. I would then be inclined to buy all my phones off ebay. Cuz i'm definitely not paying 500 bucks for a phone and then planning to switch carriers lol.
    09-22-08 05:18 PM
    They've sorta done that all along. Not initially, but after your contract is up, you could pay full price for a new phone without extending your contract and keep your same plan (which you can do at any time anyways). I guess the only difference would be that you could actually start out without a contract (if that made any sense!)

09-22-08 05:22 PM
    Why not just move to Sprint. Their $99 plan is unlimited and includes BB services for no additional charge. I dont think that any other network comes even close to that.
    09-22-08 05:26 PM
    Have you tried the thread from the verizon employee (amusik?) where he tries to answers questions. I don't know if he can help you. I love verizon, but I totally understand why you are fed up.
    09-22-08 05:39 PM
    Have you tried the thread from the verizon employee (amusik?) where he tries to answers questions. I don't know if he can help you. I love verizon, but I totally understand why you are fed up.
    It's AmusiCk lol

I am more then happy to help
    09-22-08 05:54 PM
    I've always been a berry user, but I wanted to try the iPhone. I didn't like the phone or AT&T.
    Haha .. right there that is me .. I do not use Verizon cuz were I live reception stinks with them .. but I was not happy with things with Us Cellular so I had always wanted to switch to AT&T so I did and got the IPhone .. Hated them both and now I love my curve and well working on liking Us Cellular haha .. think very hard before you switch ..
    GOOD LUCK !
    09-22-08 06:00 PM
    Well, I would, but I mean I'm at exec support level at this point. I doubt a cb member could do more than them.

09-22-08 06:01 PM
    Yes and no. From my understanding, there is still a credit check required. Basically, it is the same as a regular plan, but there is no committment. You would still be on a plan, just like a customer in contract. You wouldn't have to purchase minute cards like a prepaid plan.
    This is a bit off the subject but yes you are correct. i just got the e-mail on this today. You have to buy your phones at full price or provide your own. You have a credit check and activation fees apply
    09-22-08 06:02 PM
    Well, I would, but I mean I'm at exec support level at this point. I doubt a cb member could do more than them.

I have a PM going with jenaywins
    09-22-08 06:06 PM
    I have a PM going with jenaywins
    And I thank you kindly.

09-22-08 06:36 PM
    Jenay, best of luck to ya pal. Hang in there...
    09-22-08 06:40 PM
    This is a bit off the subject but yes you are correct. i just got the e-mail on this today. You have to buy your phones at full price or provide your own. You have a credit check and activation fees apply
    I was just responding to jenay's question that she posted.
    09-22-08 06:46 PM
    I am a fan of AT&T. They have excellent customer service, and, although I am not a fan, the iPhone is pretty cool. Let us know how this works out for you Jenay. I am sorry about VZW screwing you over. That sucks!
    09-22-08 06:53 PM
    Thanks guys.

I just got off the phone with vzw - 2 hours. Sigh.

Bottom line is that they're sticking to their guns about the over-charging. How sucky!

09-22-08 07:49 PM
    So... are you switching? AT&T had the sweet-looking RED Curve!!!!!!
    09-22-08 07:51 PM
    Lol. Yes, I am going to switch, unfortunately. I really want the storm!

Att has a decent network, and I wouldn't mind having the bold. Tmobile is pretty cheap, but I'm assuming you get what you pay for, service-wise. Sprint? Sheesh. No thank you. Hmmmmm.

09-22-08 07:53 PM
    Lol. Yes, I am going to switch, unfortunately. I really want the storm!

Att has a decent network, and I wouldn't mind having the bold. Tmobile is pretty cheap, but I'm assuming you get what you pay for, service-wise. Sprint? Sheesh. No thank you. Hmmmmm.

Sorry about VZW. Whatever you do stay away from Sprint LOL. J/K but come on over to AT&T
    09-22-08 07:57 PM
    Heh. I hear sprint is.. Ehem.. Not the best.

I think att may be the way to go, but my god their plans are expensive once you add all the necessary features!

09-22-08 07:59 PM
167 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD