05-31-09 04:59 PM
167 12345 ...
tools
    Yup, my mum works for them and even she can't get them to budge on this deal. I looked at my bill, and the surcharge for vzw, whatever that is, is like fifty a month. What's that!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The only surcharge I can think of seeing on my bill was something of a tax, but most the taxes are never more than a couple bucks. Might want to inquire about that.

09-18-08 03:16 PM
    Thanks, I just said an email.

Keep us posted! Im curious to see if someone replys or actually calls you!
    09-18-08 03:18 PM
    I have had billing issues in the past with Verizon, but have always got them resolved. Hope the email you sent will get it fixed.
    09-18-08 03:19 PM
    Try lowell.mcadam@verizonwireless.com

Lowell McAdam
    President & CEO
    That should get you some top down action.

You might what to follow that up with a CC too:

Charlie Falco
    Vice President - Customer Service Operations
    and

Anthony Bowman
    Vice President - West Area Customer Service
    09-18-08 03:31 PM
    Sounds like some of you need to try t-mobile. I've been satisfied with the service and the reps are competent and friendly. Never had a problem. T-mobile is a worldwide operation, not just US like VZW and ATT.

just my $.02
    09-18-08 03:49 PM
    Well, still no response via email..

Thanks again for all the responses, friends.

09-18-08 04:22 PM
    T-mobile>Att>verizon.
    09-18-08 04:25 PM
    Well, still no response via email..

Thanks again for all the responses, friends.

Any word back from VZW yet?
    09-22-08 11:18 AM
    Verizon's a JOKE!!! Come to TMO. If you do, remember that I referred you, so I can get $25 off next bill, lol.
    All joking aside, my parents go thru Verizon and get charged outrageously!! I've never had any problems with TMO. Leave!!!!

09-22-08 11:30 AM
    Wow Jenay im sorry to hear that your having these kind of issues with VZW... as you know i too have been with them for many years 9 to be exact and ive always receieved nothing but excelent cs from them... as a matter a fact there has been countless times where i have not been satisfied with my phone and they have swapped it out for me... actually my current BB Curve was given to me by VZW after i called an complained about my 8830 (5 months into having it) and they simply swapped it out for a 8330... ive had maybe 3 billing issues in the past 9 years and they have always corrected it...I guess like many other members have said you get some good CSR that want to help and then their are the lazy ones... but as everyone knows these kind of ppl excist in all companies... however i really do hope you are able to get your problem resolved...and stick with VZW...besides were just about to take the world by storm remember!!! LOL anyways def stress on the fact that you have been with them so long... i wish you the best of luck....

PS... "Silly Jenay.. Iphones are for kids!" LOL J/K (not really)
    09-22-08 11:45 AM
    Hehe thanks RP - and yes I know, iphones are bad.

Someone from vzw exec support actually called me on friday, but I was in meetings all day so I couldn't take the call. Ill call them back today and let you guys know - here's to hoping!

09-22-08 12:07 PM
    i think you should stick around...

the more i play with my friends iPhones the more i realize they get boring, FAST!
    09-22-08 12:38 PM
    and remember, its just a phone!

hope you get this all fixed!
    09-22-08 12:41 PM
    Lol. Its just a phone, but I don't know how I'd function without it.

09-22-08 12:49 PM
    if you leave, i leave!
    09-22-08 12:52 PM
    if you leave, i leave!
    Lol.

09-22-08 01:40 PM
    Thanks for your responses.

I have heard numerous stories about billing errors as well. However, it sounds as if att actualy corrects their errors, whereas vzw is unwilling to help. So perhaps att is the lesser of two evils?

I also have a good friend who is a regional manager for att. Perhaps this will help if I run into issues??

Hey Jenay,

I know you stood by VZW and you stood hard! I also stood for them as well, but I got tired of similar issues. I am with AT&T know and have been for the past 3 months, and so far so good. I got the iphone 3g and blackberry curve. I just pop out my SIM and I got the best of both worlds. I believe people have suffered horror stories from all carriers and I would say you should just try it out for the 30 days and see how you like it. You could always go back to VZW if you didn't like and if you get that iPhone and miss your BB, you can have both.
    09-22-08 01:56 PM
    There are going to be horror stories for every carrier. Sometimes I think it's just the luck of the draw who you talk to and maybe you just ran into a couple of people who don't know, or don't care, how to do their jobs properly (I recently had to call Dell 3 times regarding an order that they kept cancelling but never bothered telling me why). Hopefully by escalating this, they can iron out this situation so that it never happens again. I think it's worth seeing if everything can be worked out before jumping carriers. After all Verizon does have the best network coverage going for them and I'd think real hard before giving that up over one poor customer service experience after many years of good experiences.

Good luck!
    09-22-08 01:57 PM
    I know how you feel to be with a carrier faithfully for a long time and then suddenly that relationship changes. I was with Sprint faithfully for 4 years. I recruited friends to join them and everything. For 3 years, 11 months and 2 weeks, I was happy with Sprint and then those last 2 weeks they pissed me off so bad with overages that they couldn't explian, and would rectify, I walked. Matter fact, I ran. I hope you get everything fixed
    09-22-08 02:02 PM
    Now you are getting some action.

When it comes down from the CEO or one of the VP's, they had better get it right.
    09-22-08 02:07 PM
    Well, I just got off the phone with a rep over at the Verizon Executive Support office. I am less than pleased right now...

Basically, the woman who phoned me on Friday was not in the office today, so I spoke to another representative. She basically treated my phone call as any other lower level rep would. She tried to explain my bill to me (of course with different dollar amounts and reasons, yet again, than any other rep had told me) and when we finally got down to it, she said the total amount due was $231 by x date. Well, we had just agreed upon the fact that my monthly access fee, TOTAL with all taxes/etc, was to always be $174.99. Fine. Great. Good. Where ... does the $231 come from!? I asked her repeatedly where the extra $60 was coming from, if I had a balance forwarded, charges, fees, ANYTHING. She simply continued to explain LAST month's bill to me, and told me that I did not understand, I must be confused, and that perhaps I should take a look at my bill, figure it out, and then call her back.

I'm a bit surprised, to say the least.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 09-22-08 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Language, Keep it family friendly.
    09-22-08 02:15 PM
    Verizon just confirmed that they would offer contract-free service. However you need to pay for the phone at full price. Ouch, your new Blackberry can cost you $600 or up without a 2-year contract. The only problem is that even if I pay $600 for a new BB, it might not with Sprint or AT&T, forcing me to stay with same carrier.
    09-22-08 02:23 PM
    Verizon just confirmed that they would offer contract-free service. However you need to pay for the phone at full price. Ouch, your new Blackberry can cost you $600 or up without a 2-year contract. The only problem is that even if I pay $600 for a new BB, it might not with Sprint or AT&T, forcing me to stay with same carrier.
    Wait... What??
    09-22-08 02:29 PM
    What are you trying to say here?
    09-22-08 03:00 PM
    Well, I just got off the phone with a rep over at the Verizon Executive Support office. I am less than pleased right now...

Basically, the woman who phoned me on Friday was not in the office today, so I spoke to another representative. She basically treated my phone call as any other lower level rep would. She tried to explain my bill to me (of course with different dollar amounts and reasons, yet again, than any other rep had told me) and when we finally got down to it, she said the total amount due was $231 by x date. Well, we had just agreed upon the fact that my monthly access fee, TOTAL with all taxes/etc, was to always be $174.99. Fine. Great. Good. Where ... does the $231 come from!? I asked her repeatedly where the extra $60 was coming from, if I had a balance forwarded, charges, fees, ANYTHING. She simply continued to explain LAST month's bill to me, and told me that I did not understand, I must be confused, and that perhaps I should take a look at my bill, figure it out, and then call her back.

I'm a bit surprised, to say the least.
    It's amazing how we can be committed to a company and swear by them and then they turn around a do us wrong. Of course, we're just 1 of millions of customers, but each customer should always be treated like they are the only one, especially when you been with them for so long. It's a shame to be treated in that way. When I was with VZW several months ago, I upgraded my phone and about 3 days afterwards someone called me from the regional office to basically follow up and see if I had any problems with the device and/or service. I promptly began to ask ... is up with GPS lol. At that time they seemed to really want to help, and it would seem they would try to help you in your case as well. I hope someone can help you. If not I welcome you, I'm over here at AT&T now loving it
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 09-22-08 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Language. Keep it family friendly.
    09-22-08 03:05 PM
167 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD