05-31-09 03:59 PM
167 1234 ...
tools
    Good find Oakie.

This is what you need.

1. Exhaust normal channels
    Have you called customer service? Asked for a supervisor? Hung up and tried again? Give regular customer service a chance to fix the problem before you go nuclear.

2. Write a really good complaint letter.
    Be clear, concise, polite, and professional. State exactly what you want. See this post for complaint letter writing tips. Pitch your issue in a way that affects their bottom line. Spellcheck and include contact information.

3. Determine the corporate email address format.
    Look through their website or Google for press releases. Examine the Page Ranking flack's email address. What's the format? Is it firstname.lastname@ company.com? FirstletteroffirstnameLastname@ companyname.com? Figure it out and write it down.

4. Compile a list of the company's top executives
    This is often available on the company website, under sections like "corporate officers" or "corporate governance." You can also look the company up on Google Finance and look under management, although this list tends to only be partial.

5. Combine the names from step 4 with the format from step 3 to create an email list

6. Send your complaint to the list from step 5.

7. Sit back and wait
    Verizon Wireless Network Performs Strong In Wake Of Hurricane Ike

Media Contact Info

Gretchen LeJeune
    Gretchen.LeJeune@ verizonwireless.com
    713-204-2100

Sheryl Sellaway
    Sheryl.Sellaway@ verizonwireless.com
    678-339-5564
    Executive Leadership

It is going to be a busy day at Verizon now.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 09-18-08 at 11:25 AM.
    09-18-08 11:16 AM
    Thanks reed.

I read that and am considering it, I just want to make sure I see results.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 11:21 AM
    Good find Oakie.

This is what you need.

actually, what she needs is the list of all the execs at verizon wireless, which my search terms should bring up for her.
    09-18-08 11:21 AM
    Been with At&t for 9 years and always have great coverage and customer service. I love it where I'm at.
    09-18-08 11:24 AM
    actually, what she needs is the list of all the execs at verizon wireless, which my search terms should bring up for her.
    Thank you. I did read over that and I suppose I should try this before cancelling service. I am angry to the point that I want immediate gratification, and I doubt ill see that..

09-18-08 11:27 AM
    That was the search term I used, it set me in the right direction to find the Executive Page.

I am, almost, hoping Rogers messes up my billing now.
    09-18-08 11:29 AM
    Lol. Not really reed. I've been paying over $400/mo since june.

Trust, you want your bill to be accurate!

09-18-08 11:36 AM
    I was with AT&T several years ago and had a couple of billing issues, to say the least. I have heard that they have got it together since then, though. My only opinion is I have read many posts by you and never heard this issue come up before. Is this problem a one time thing or has it happened before? My point is the grass is seldom greener on the other side. Good luck in getting this solved, Jenay! Or VZW just lost a good customer.
    09-18-08 11:44 AM
    You're right, I never did bring this up before. I have always been loyal to vzw and I was simply hoping they would eventually sort this out. After speaking to a rep last night, I now realize they don't plan on rectifying this situation. Such a shame, too, as they have just a kicka*s network.

09-18-08 11:53 AM
    I don't know much about Verizon but in eastern north Carolina they built a 1900 mzh & its not very good so people tell me but I don't like the way they lock down their phones.their service will get better when they finished buying Alltel but now its not good.

09-18-08 12:01 PM
    I actually found Verizon's Ceo email address and sent my complaint there. Within a few hours I had a call back from someone at the corporate office. I think if you're a good customer like you are, they will fix the problem.

09-18-08 12:01 PM
    I actually found Verizon's Ceo email address and sent my complaint there. Within a few hours I had a call back from someone at the corporate office. I think if you're a good customer like you are, they will fix the problem.

Really! Do you have the email??

09-18-08 12:05 PM
    You're right, I never did bring this up before. I have always been loyal to vzw and I was simply hoping they would eventually sort this out. After speaking to a rep last night, I now realize they don't plan on rectifying this situation. Such a shame, too, as they have just a kicka*s network.

How high within VZW have you gone? I had to call and get the "GetItNow" and data feature taken off my 8yearolds phone but they took it off of her mothers. I got that corrected, all charges reversed and everything in 1 call.

Before when I've had problems, which were just like 2 a long time ago, I've just moved up the chain within VZW and gotten what I wanted. You should be able to do that now, especially with their new customer philosophy.

I know it's stupid, but what do they say are the complete details of the bills that are getting up at $400.00? I'd get printouts of all the phone numbers called if its an over-the-minutes thing and dispute the numbers called. Your phone may have gotten jacked.

Where I live, when you go downtown, because it's only like 1 mile away from the border of the US and Mexico, the service on ALL phones transfer over to a cell tower in Mexico and you get billed for International calling. I had it 2x with VZW on my 8830WE, which has International anyways, and called them, explained it to them and they credited the charges.

Reps even came out and verified what the deal was and now they are going to put up a new tower to try to block people from jumping into Mexico cell-towers, for VZW at least.
    09-18-08 12:09 PM
    That's the thing. I am not over on my minutes. They keep telling me there's a balance forward from previous months, but I pay what they tell me to in full every month! So that's impossible. I've been told so many different stories, its ridiculous.

09-18-08 12:25 PM
    Jenay, doesnt your Mom work for Verizon (I thought you once said that), she cant get you in touch with the correct people there?
    09-18-08 12:44 PM
    Have you compare your bills from April/May to the June+ bills to see if you can notice anything?

Sad to say w/any company you have good reps and lazy reps. Good reps will got out of their way to try and help you; bad reps will feed you a line and if you bite then they don't have to work hard.

Maybe try calling CS or go to a store but have your bills and payment info in hand, cuz if you can counter and show error then you stand a better chance of getting things solved. "If you want something done right, do it yourself."

09-18-08 12:45 PM
    I don't have the email. It's been 4 years ago. I'll look around and see if I can find something.

09-18-08 12:51 PM
    Yup, my mum works for them and even she can't get them to budge on this deal. I looked at my bill, and the surcharge for vzw, whatever that is, is like fifty a month. What's that!?

09-18-08 12:53 PM
    We'll still be your friend if you get an iphone Jenaywins
    09-18-08 12:54 PM
    I was actually thinking of going with the iphone. I know, I know..

I just want to ensure att doesn't pull bs like vzw is. Sigh..

I have no problems with AT&T at all. I have great service (my area has great 3G connection). Also, since the 2.1 update on the iPhone, it has been amazing for me. I recommend it.
    09-18-08 12:57 PM
    Try lowell.mcadam@verizonwireless.com

09-18-08 12:59 PM
    We'll still be your friend if you get an iphone Jenaywins
    Lol. Thank you.

09-18-08 01:06 PM
    Try lowell.mcadam@verizonwireless.com

Thanks, I just said an email.

09-18-08 01:07 PM
    I had a lot of problems with AT&T billing when we first switched over.
    I now go into the corp store and pay my bill in person. It seems to help.

We are actually looking at changing to Verizon. The AT&T coverage maps show that we should have full signals where we live, work and shop.
    I cannot make/receive calls from the grocery store, in my kitchen or the back office at our Hallmark store.

I hope you get your issues with Verizon figured out - and I hope they do the right thing by you. Good luck
    09-18-08 01:25 PM
    jenay -- sorry to hear about your situation. i'm with sprint and have definitely had issues of my own and problems with getting customer service to recognize them.

hopefully everything works out for you.

keep us in the loop, ok?
    09-18-08 02:02 PM
167 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD