I have tmo now and I miss my iPhone terribly. The android I have is cool but its not the same and its screwing up now :/

Any opinions on service? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-11 05:16 PM
    VZW is excellent...it may be a bit more expensive then TMO. Check with friends in the area for comments on coverage.
    05-21-11 06:05 PM
    I know it'll be more expensive but an iPhone with unlimited data is worth it. I checked a map and coverage looks good. I better do it quick before they tier data!

05-21-11 06:14 PM
    I switched to VZW from Tmobile. I can't speak about the iPhone as I was an android user on tmobile and still am on vzw, but I can vouch for the coverage.

I no longer lose signal anymore. That alone made it worth the switch for me. I no longer have unlimited minutes (I share 2000 with my mom) but I'm finding that 90% of the people I talk to have vzw anyway so I've barely seen a dent in my minutes.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    05-22-11 05:29 PM
    yeah i did the switch yesterday and the big test will be my drive home next weekend. i always lost signal in the rural areas on the way home. i had 1500 minutes with tmobile, and never got CLOSE to using all of them so i went for the 900 minute plan. the unlimited is only like $10 more so if i need it, i'll switch.

and iphone with unlimited data was my draw. i'm glad i don't have to be a slave to wifi anymore
    05-22-11 05:34 PM
    You should be set for the rural areas. I live out in the country and get great signal. I have 4G in fact! With tmobile, I only had Edge.

05-23-11 08:01 AM
    yeah i did the switch yesterday and the big test will be my drive home next weekend. i always lost signal in the rural areas on the way home. i had 1500 minutes with tmobile, and never got CLOSE to using all of them so i went for the 900 minute plan. the unlimited is only like $10 more so if i need it, i'll switch.

and iphone with unlimited data was my draw. i'm glad i don't have to be a slave to wifi anymore

I am kind of in the same boat as you. I'm switching from sprint though. I will be switching this week and my test will be my drive back home this weekend. I am going to be getting a white i4 and also the droid charge. I can't wait!

05-23-11 10:33 AM
    I love Verizon.

So many people bash it for the extra $$$ but when you have coverage everywhere, and don't have to worry about running out of data, it is worth the extra money in my eyes.
    05-23-11 10:35 AM

I live in the middle of BFE and I have excellent full 1XEV signal, even out in the middle of nowhere where I live. I love Verizon for that.

I love Verizon.

So many people bash it for the extra $$$ but when you have coverage everywhere, and don't have to worry about running out of data, it is worth the extra money in my eyes.
    +1. Other than the elevator at work by the MRI lab, I have yet to find a place where I don't have a full 1XEV signal, which was more than I could say for Sprint. I'd have to be in Memphis outside for me to get a 1XEV signal. I had to wifi at work because of no signal.

After the tornadoes struck my area, I was on 1X for about 12 hours. After that, I was back up to 1XEV. That has been my only problem with Verizon but after a call to CS I was told that a tornado knocked out a cell tower and they'd have it fixed soon. True to their word, I was back up and running the next day.
    05-23-11 11:41 AM
    I live in the middle of BFE and I have excellent full 1XEV signal, even out in the middle of nowhere where I live. I love Verizon for that.

+1. Other than the elevator at work by the MRI lab, I have yet to find a place where I don't have a full 1XEV signal, which was more than I could say for Sprint. I'd have to be in Memphis outside for me to get a 1XEV signal. I had to wifi at work because of no signal.

After the tornadoes struck my area, I was on 1X for about 12 hours. After that, I was back up to 1XEV. That has been my only problem with Verizon but after a call to CS I was told that a tornado knocked out a cell tower and they'd have it fixed soon. True to their word, I was back up and running the next day.
    Which cell company do you think was up during the days, weeks, and months during and after Katrina hit? It took everyone until the power company could restore power to the New Orleans area except Verizon until cell signal was restored. Who do you think I wanna use in an emergency?
    05-24-11 12:30 PM
    I have tmo now and I miss my iPhone terribly. The android I have is cool but its not the same and its screwing up now :/

Any opinions on service? Thanks!
    Customer service is never been a problem. I switched from t-mo a couple years ago after an 8 year run with them. The coverage is whats awesome. Full 3G everywhere(almost) and 4G/LTE coming soon nationwide. It's a no brainer for anybody who values having the best coverage of any provider. I've been absolutely amazed at where I've had coverage. I need my phone to work when I need it and verizon provides.
    05-24-11 02:30 PM
    yeah i like it so far. it's a bit slower than 4G i'll admit, but it's not too bad. my friend gave me the sprint speech, but i wanted and iphone and the only carrier with iphone AND unlimited data is vzw.

the only thing that sucks is i can't talk to my best friend randomly anymore since we're not on the same network anymore. lol
    05-24-11 04:33 PM
    yeah i like it so far. it's a bit slower than 4G i'll admit, but it's not too bad. my friend gave me the sprint speech, but i wanted and iphone and the only carrier with iphone AND unlimited data is vzw.

the only thing that sucks is i can't talk to my best friend randomly anymore since we're not on the same network anymore. lol
    I think some plans above the basic 450min have the 5 free numbers you can call and no minutes are used. I have it with the 900min plan. I know it's not the same, but.....?
    05-24-11 08:42 PM
    Which cell company do you think was up during the days, weeks, and months during and after Katrina hit? It took everyone until the power company could restore power to the New Orleans area except Verizon until cell signal was restored. Who do you think I wanna use in an emergency?
    Agreed. I've read that vzw cell sites are usually equipped with generators. That means when stuff hits the fan and power is out, you'll usually still have your signal.

05-25-11 06:23 AM
    They have about twelve UPS batteries each one the size of like a car battery and then they have a separate door for a generator room or they have a propane tank for the rural cell towers and they have generators. And Verizon has been known to ship mobile generators if the power is out longer than like twelve hours (fuel capacity).

I would know, I've stripped and waxed the VCT floors in the tower control rooms for about a month.
    05-25-11 09:40 AM
    I think some plans above the basic 450min have the 5 free numbers you can call and no minutes are used. I have it with the 900min plan. I know it's not the same, but.....?
    you're right and i have that, but it still costs her minutes so i just call after 9. Even ATT didn't have unlimited nights/weekends.
    05-25-11 04:11 PM
    you're right and i have that, but it still costs her minutes so i just call after 9. Even ATT didn't have unlimited nights/weekends.
    Seriously? What the crap?!
    05-27-11 01:19 PM
    what? about ATT? yeah my plan i had didn't have unlimited nights/weekends. they had it available, but i had to pay like $80 just for my voice plan, plus $30 for 2 measly GB data and $15 for unlimited texts.

yeah they have rollover, but for those first 2 months or so you can't really talk that much.
    05-27-11 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD