Hi:

My wife and I moved from AT&T (I had an iPhone, she a Treo) and purchased Tours a few months ago.

I'm thoroughly unhappy with my Tour, and I'm thinking about canceling my line on our family plan early and moving back to AT&T to get a new iPhone. If I did, I would likely try to unload my Tour on eBay (it's in perfect working condition, with some minor scrapes on the back from when it slid out of my backpack on our driveway). I understand that a clean ESN is a must when selling the phone, but I'm confused as to how an early termination would affect that.

If I cancel my contract early, will they release the ESN? What do I have to do to make that happen? I'm not sure I understand the process, and I'd like to make sure I understand it before I make a decision. Can anyone help? Thanks!
    11-20-09 01:30 PM
    If you pay the ETF they release it. But if you have only had the 2 storms for a few months we're probably talking over 300$ for the ETF's
    11-20-09 01:38 PM
    As long as you pay ETF you're covered.
    11-20-09 02:08 PM
    Thanks for the information, guys. I'm thinking about only dropping one of the two phones and trying to switch my wife to an individual plan, so I expect I'll have to pay $165 or so. I appreciate the information.
    11-20-09 04:34 PM
    As long as there is a clean balance on the line, the ESN shall be ok to sell to someone else.
    11-20-09 04:53 PM
    What didn't you like about the Tour?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD