The end of my Tmobile contract is here and I have not exactly been happy with the service I've gotten from them. I'd like to be loyal but, of course, cell carriers are not loyal to their customers.

That being said, I wanted to know in general if people are happy with Verizon? Would you recommend them as a carrier? I've long heard that Customer Service stinks with Verizon on their media platforms (FiOS, copper wire phone service, etc) but have friends who have them and don't seem to mind.

Thanks
    09-07-08 07:42 PM
    I've had Verizon for years, have switched a couple of times and always come back. One switch was to T-Mobile, but the coverage in my area was really bad so back I went. Verizon's customer service has been excellent, the call quality perfect, and if they hurry up and get the Thunder/Storm, I'll never switch again. Go for it, you won't be sorry.
    09-07-08 08:22 PM
    The end of my Tmobile contract is here and I have not exactly been happy with the service I've gotten from them. I'd like to be loyal but, of course, cell carriers are not loyal to their customers.

That being said, I wanted to know in general if people are happy with Verizon? Would you recommend them as a carrier? I've long heard that Customer Service stinks with Verizon on their media platforms (FiOS, copper wire phone service, etc) but have friends who have them and don't seem to mind.

Thanks
    thats Verizon Communications that sucks. you're gonna be dealing with Verizon Wireless. 2 completely separate business entities.

that being said, VZW just won JD power & associates award for best customer service this past year, and browsing this forum you'll find plenty of people who will agree with that.

keep in mind vzw is not going to be the cheapest option out there. however in this case you really do get what you pay for; superior network coverage and superb customer service.
    09-07-08 08:33 PM
    I've been with Verizon over 10 years...I've been very happy with the service and don't think I'll ever have reason to change.
    09-07-08 08:36 PM
    thats Verizon Communications that sucks. you're gonna be dealing with Verizon Wireless. 2 completely separate business entities.

that being said, VZW just won JD power & associates award for best customer service this past year, and browsing this forum you'll find plenty of people who will agree with that.

keep in mind vzw is not going to be the cheapest option out there. however in this case you really do get what you pay for; superior network coverage and superb customer service.
    Thanks for not only the clarification but the reinforcement on the "get what you pay for". AT&T Wireless was the other wireless company I was looking at, and while I could have saved a bundle on a new blackberry (I'm on an 8700g as my profile states and want to upgrade to the Curve), the AT&T Data Only plan isn't very clear (no mention of text messages, or voice mail, and suspect charges for "foreign" sites) Verizon puts everything out there in plain English and in depth.

I've got family on Verizon, I've got friends on Verizon... It might be more per-month to go to Verizon but if the coverage and service is as good as everyone is saying - it would be money well spent.
    09-07-08 10:43 PM
    I love VZW for coverage. The customer service is acceptable but the ringer is the network. It just works. I have no issues and I have the traveled all of USA, portions of Canada, the Yucatan, MX with no issues. The Blackberry data plan is great and like you already know, there is no misunderstanding your text and data plan.
    Good Luck with the switch.
    09-07-08 11:34 PM
    I have been on VZW for almost 7 years, and have been very happy. They definitely do have excellent customer service and coverage.
    09-07-08 11:41 PM
    VZ and BB all the way. I have the other guys also and their coverage is not good where I live so again VZ and BB all the way.
    09-08-08 12:29 AM
    I would say go to ATT, but that's just me. I'm with T-Mobile and I can't see myself going to another carrier. At the end of the day it's all about how good your area is. CSR does have something to do with it, but their are people who never talks to the rep unless it's to pay a bill, order a phone or to check if they're good for an upgrade. Yeah, people like me.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 12:39 AM
    I absolutely LOVEEE Verizon wireless. I will never switch back. Their customer service is phenomenal. I have always had resolution in any question that I've had. They are always friendly. I've been with T- mobile, at&t, voicestream (that was back in the day) etc - and I've been happiest with VZW.
    09-08-08 01:00 AM
    I like verizon so far its meen a month weee just wish they had my 7pm calling. Maybe after the merger with alltel

09-08-08 11:06 AM
    If VZW adopts Alltel's MyCircle plan,
    I'm switching!

I like TMO's MyFave plan.

The price for me is the same with both.
    09-08-08 02:00 PM

Thanks
    I've been with verizon for over 6 years now. They keep me happy. A LIVE rep is a call away. My service isn't the cheapest, but I get a company discount. You may actually qualify for an discount as well. Just tell them the company you work for. As you can see many people that have been with VZW, have been with the company for years and years. I've had every service (except alltel).

My parents are also switching from T-Mobile to VZW once their contract is up. The service in the Chicagoland area has been degrading little by little. When you call for customer support, they actually close. Also, they have been selling off their towers and contracting out roaming agreements in non-rural areas.
    09-08-08 02:48 PM
    Great idea. You will not be dissapointed with vzw!

09-08-08 06:54 PM
    I switched to VZW about Feb or Mar time frame. I haven't had any problems with them besides not being eligible for VCast on Blackberries.
    09-08-08 07:30 PM
    I've been with Verizon for almost eight years and i must say the CS is some of the best I have dealt with.A month ago when my second Treo755p freaked-out they next-day aired me a brand new BBcurve free of charge and all I had to do was send the brick, I mean Treo back to them(with pleasure I did that).
    09-08-08 07:40 PM
    Everyone who has responded in this thread: THANK YOU!

It's between some of the re-assurances that have been posted (and other VZW compliments) along with this thread that probably cements it for me. Thanks again!
    09-09-08 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD