i want a job since i only have classes on tuesdays and thursdays, just something to make a few dollars. I'm thinking about getting a job at a vzw store and was wondering how much i would make and if i get a discount on a plan.
    08-03-10 08:49 PM
    Depends if you work at a corporate store or a retailer. The reps near me that work sales make quite a bit. They receive 50% discount...I think?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 11:24 PM
    its a retailer
    08-03-10 11:36 PM
    corporate pays better
    08-04-10 01:06 AM
    It depends on the retailer. They set their own wages. You will not qualify for the Verizon Employee discount either. Depending on the retailer, they may have a discount but I would guess it's only around 15%.

08-04-10 08:57 AM
    Working for a reseller of Verizon is the worst(for the most part) I would be willing to bet that about 90% of them are the same as the one i worked for before i became employed with corporate Verizon.

Resellers pay peanuts, good luck getting commission and you dont get discounts on your Verizon plan.
    08-05-10 03:51 PM
    I'm not sure what the others are talking about, but there is an employee plan for employees of Retailers.

Its $10/month. 1500 minutes with unlimited text. 1/2 off plan add-ons
    (Blackberry plan is $15/month)

The pay is set by the owner of the store. They are not required to pay commission to their employees but many do.

I'm a manager for a few stores in Ohio/WV/Kentucky and we pay an hourly rate plus commission. I don't know what the corporate commission is, but for example, we pay $20 for EVERY smart phone plan. So when one of my employees sells a Blackberry, they make money on the calling plan and then an additional $20 for the blackberry plan. Goes for both Upgrades and New Acts.

I have people making $1500-$2000 month in commission alone, then they are making an hourly wage.

It's all about the owner of the store and how they have it set up.
    08-18-10 12:27 PM
    I'm not sure what the others are talking about, but there is an employee plan for employees of Retailers.

Its $10/month. 1500 minutes with unlimited text. 1/2 off plan add-ons
    (Blackberry plan is $15/month)

The pay is set by the owner of the store. They are not required to pay commission to their employees but many do.

I'm a manager for a few stores in Ohio/WV/Kentucky and we pay an hourly rate plus commission. I don't know what the corporate commission is, but for example, we pay $20 for EVERY smart phone plan. So when one of my employees sells a Blackberry, they make money on the calling plan and then an additional $20 for the blackberry plan. Goes for both Upgrades and New Acts.

I have people making $1500-$2000 month in commission alone, then they are making an hourly wage.

It's all about the owner of the store and how they have it set up.
    I just applied for vzw. I have no sales experience but almost 3 yrs retail management grocery experience. What are the odds of getting an interview/ hired?

08-18-10 06:36 PM
    I can't speak to how much you'd make working for the retailer, but working in a corporate store it really depends on how busy it gets and what they set your quotas at. Now, bear in mind, I'm making a lot less now than I was say, a year ago. Simply because fewer customers are looking for plans = fewer activations. And VZW is feeling the loss, and is jacking up the quotas, perhaps in some terrible plan to cut down on commissions without admitting to it, or to come up with a viable excuse to downsize (i.e. impossible to meet monthly quota requirements = poor performance = excuse to terminate without using the word "downsizing"). A lot of sales reps are getting fed up with it. So, good luck working for VZW .

That all being said, at a corporate store, you do get 50% off your plan.
    08-26-10 05:05 PM
    i worked for a VZW reseller and got a 50% discount on my bill. That was a nice perk but i'm so glad to be out of phone sales. You get burned out after a bit. i made hourly plus commission. The money was very good. The stress wasn't worth it for me.

08-27-10 05:54 AM
    i worked for a VZW reseller and got a 50% discount on my bill. That was a nice perk but i'm so glad to be out of phone sales. You get burned out after a bit. i made hourly plus commission. The money was very good. The stress wasn't worth it for me.

Yeah, this is 100% accurate. Ive been doing it for 4 years now, totally burnt out.
    08-27-10 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD