Am wondering if buying a 9850 now is a smart buy? Have been considering buying one online and activating it on my existing VZW account to replace my Storm 9550.

Seems the going rate for a 9850 starts around $300 for a new one. I don't see many used ones, so folks must like it.

I like my 9550, but it seems to be so slow compared to the new phones now.

Was thinking of waiting for the LTE iPhone, but am afraid the battery life will be dismal upon arrival. Would prefer not having to charge my phone twice a day.

Any thoughts/comments?
    05-05-12 05:36 PM
    Hello i just put my 9550 in the draw and got the 9850 on ebay for 202.00. What a great phone . If you can find one go for it ,i really like this phone and you will to.S go and find one you wont regret it
    05-05-12 06:41 PM
    I tried the 9850 but went with the 9830 due to the keyboard. Typing wasn't as good on the torch as it is on the bold in my opinion. I find the feel and size of the bold to be perfect!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-08-12 06:01 PM
    I don't own one, but I considered it. It seems likes a good buy and a solid phone. If you are used to typing on a touchscreen phone, it is very good but doesn't compare to a typical BB keyboard
    06-29-12 03:25 PM
    I have owned a 9850 since December coming from a 9550. I liked my Storm 2, which was much improved from the 9530. But the 9850 blows the 9550 away imo...the browser and camera are much improved, and the whole interface is much smoother and more features, especially with the contacts...getting used to the much more sensitive screen did take some getting used to and caused some initial frustration, however with the addition of the trackpad, that is much improved as well once u get the hang of it... However, the battery life has taken a hit with these improvements. Personally, I find it an acceptable trade off, and of course depends on how you use the device...overall, I'm very happy with the device, I am even posting this over the phone...;-)
    08-01-12 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD