I was at work tonight and was working on this printer set my Storm on a desk and when i was done fixing the printer i picked up my phone to text and the phone was off with half of the screen dark. I pulled the battery and tried to turn it back on. The led never came back on and the batter was at 3/4 charge. Will i be able to get a free phone out of it?
    07-21-09 11:51 PM
    Yes tell them its hardware...bc it most likely is. Warranty replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 11:53 PM
    will they make me send it in or do they replace the phone on the spot anyone had any experiences with this?
    07-22-09 12:07 AM
    As long as they have one at the store it will be on the spot

07-22-09 01:00 AM
    Insurance is for situations like breaking your phone, losing your phone, having it stolen, etc...

It doesn't sound like you actually *did* anything to cause this, so that's not an insurance issue.

Now, hypothetically speaking, if you did run into a situation where you had been responsible for the phone doing that, we do have a policy where you can buy any phone at 1 year pricing if you have no other options. (No insurance, no warranty, no upgrades, etc.) If you're less than 1 year through your 2 year contract, it will not affect it.
    07-22-09 01:10 AM
    You can replace your phone through RIM for the first year as a manufacturer's warranty. You'll get a refurb, not a brand new phone though
    07-22-09 08:15 AM
    As long as they have one at the store it will be on the spot

It seems like the stores hate giving out new storms and if they dont have any fru's they may tell you to call tech support. In which case just say that its been resetting on its own and they will get you a refurb. Which I heard recently the refurbs go through a 90+point check and the new storms go through a 10 point check
    07-22-09 08:42 AM
    Which I heard recently the refurbs go through a 90+point check and the new storms go through a 10 point check
    You know that the final check on both lists is a five hour paint mixer test, right? If it powers up after that, it ships.

No guarantee of how long it will continue to power up.
    07-22-09 02:18 PM
    You know that the final check on both lists is a five hour paint mixer test, right? If it powers up after that, it ships.

No guarantee of how long it will continue to power up.
    Oh yeah ppl call in after having the phone for 10 minutes and its resetting/lagging/being a storm, and we're like ok let me get another out to you.... ppl dont like that.
    07-22-09 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD