08-17-09 05:51 PM
304 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Actually, I help very wealthy people spend their disposable income...on some of the coolest electronic toys on the planet. I have fun with my job and my clients...and don't have to make fun of them to do it.
    Sounds like a job I would enjoy
    08-01-09 10:34 AM
    Ohhh, I can say a LOT of things about Verizon Wireless that would make you all laugh your *** off, and maybe even make you puke. I should know....................I worked for the **** *** company once.

For instance, isnt it funny when you call in and you JUST bought your device and its like 40 days after, and us reps would tell you "Oh Mr. doolittle, we can replace your phone as a CLNR (Certified Like New Replacement"

Now at this time your probably thinking "Certified Like New Replacement??"

Well ladies and kiddos, let me briefly make you understand what this means. FACT: Your certified like new, is not a certified like new. Its a well used, well run down peice of garbage device that some other sucker bought in the past, broke it, we bothered to fix it in the warehouse and resell it to someone like you.

You DO NOT get your original phone back. NO, there is no service centers where you can take your phone too

Verizon Wireless simply sends you out a used phone. Sure it may be nice and shiny, but when you buy a used care in a car lot, do you get it the way you saw it in the parking lot? No, course not. The dealership will wash it up and shine it up for you. Same thing here.

They take your device, repair whatever was wrong with it and store it on a shelf ready to be shipped to another Joe Doe out there, while your responsible for sending Verizon Wireless back YOUR phone in the same box fedex gives you with a shipping label, or in 10 days, you WILL be charged in full retail the cost of your model. Pretty ****ty if you ask me.
    08-01-09 11:14 AM
    Ohhh, I can say a LOT of things about Verizon Wireless that would make you all laugh your *** off, and maybe even make you puke. I should know....................I worked for the **** *** company once.

For instance, isnt it funny when you call in and you JUST bought your device and its like 40 days after, and us reps would tell you "Oh Mr. doolittle, we can replace your phone as a CLNR (Certified Like New Replacement"

Well ladies and kiddos, let me briefly make you understand what this means. FACT: Your certified like new, is not a certified like new. Its a well used, well run down peice of garbage device that some other sucker bought in the past, broke it, we bothered to fix it in the warehouse and resell it to someone like you.

You DO NOT get your original phone back. NO, there is no service centers where you can take your phone too

Verizon Wireless simply sends you out a used phone. Sure it may be nice and shiny, but when you buy a used care in a car lot, do you get it the way you saw it in the parking lot? No, course not. The dealership will wash it up and shine it up for you. Same thing here.

They take your device, repair whatever was wrong with it and store it on a shelf ready to be shipped to another Joe Doe out there, while your responsible for sending Verizon Wireless back YOUR phone in the same box fedex gives you with a shipping label, or in 10 days, you WILL be charged in full retail the cost of your model. Pretty ****ty if you ask me.
    Seems fair to me. If your phone is used for 40 days its used. Why would VZW replace a used phone with a brand new one?
    08-01-09 11:25 AM

I think that VZW should discontinue the CLNR program all together and make it subscribers send their phones to the MFG for the warr. This way you can wait 4-6 weeks and see what you get back.... OH! a CLNR device, cause they tore your apart and fixed it.
    08-01-09 11:45 AM
    posted this as an original thread but here you go: had a problem with my BBM called 611 and said "i cant seem to make or receive bbm's" Juline (VZW customer care) said, "what do you want me to do about it" lol i replied, "was hoping you could help resolve the problem" Juline "you didnt ask for help, you just stated the problem". thought that was kind of off the wall from a VZW rep!
    08-01-09 11:47 AM
    Sounds like a job I would enjoy
    Thanks. You probably would enjoy it. Years ago I worked in the retail side of the electronics world. From my experience in retail I can understand spending more time than you would like talking to less than desirable customers. Now I am in business for myself and my "customers" have become "clients." I don't have to look for business...referrals and repeat clients call me. I am a happy hiker...except for this darn phone that does not work from my house.
    08-01-09 11:48 AM
    I think that VZW should discontinue the CLNR program all together and make it subscribers send their phones to the MFG for the warr. This way you can wait 4-6 weeks and see what you get back.... OH! a CLNR device, cause they tore your apart and fixed it.
    My thoughts exactly. Customers should appreciate the fact that we are able to send them out a FRU/CLNR.

I don't know of any carrier who will just up and replace your phone with a brand new one. That's insane.

If you get your transmission replaced under warranty at an automotive dealership - it's refurb. Why is this any different.

I've personally have had the VZW CLNR after owning a phone for 31 days!! This replacement came with the phone and a back cover with plastic all over the phone. Not a scratch on it - looks as if they even replaced the outer housing. Sure the inside might have been defective, but those phones go through a 100 point quality test.

By the way - only 30% of warranty claims are actually related to a device issue. Others are user error or something like that. So chances of getting a phone that used to be "broke" - hardly.
    08-01-09 11:51 AM
    My thoughts exactly. Customers should appreciate the fact that we are able to send them out a FRU/CLNR.

I don't know of any carrier who will just up and replace your phone with a brand new one. That's insane.

If you get your transmission replaced under warranty at an automotive dealership - it's refurb. Why is this any different.

I've personally have had the VZW CLNR after owning a phone for 31 days!! This replacement came with the phone and a back cover with plastic all over the phone. Not a scratch on it - looks as if they even replaced the outer housing. Sure the inside might have been defective, but those phones go through a 100 point quality test.

By the way - only 30% of warranty claims are actually related to a device issue. Others are user error or something like that. So chances of getting a phone that used to be "broke" - hardly.

So true I HATE with every inch of me when people get a replacement and they complain about it. I don't give a sh*t that its not a brand new phone. They act like someone took a sh*t on the phone and then returned it. WTF? Take it as is and smile while you're at it.
    08-01-09 11:55 AM
    VZW is one of the best companies to work for. Retirement, health care, profit share, paid tuition, etc..

Sounds like you didn't quit - sound like you got fired. How long did you work for VZW?
    08-01-09 11:57 AM
    VZW is one of the best companies to work for. Retirement, health care, profit share, paid tuition, etc..

Sounds like you didn't quit - sound like you got fired. How long did you work for VZW?
    Pretty hard to get fired. Unless his attitude towards VZW was the same he treated customers, or he may have been employed, but did not show to work. These two things get you fired really fast.
    08-01-09 12:33 PM
    I don't care how many CB posts I've seen on the Storm 2, I'm not giving my customers info that is nothing but speculation. They trust me to give them the correct info, and that's what I do. When VZW releases an official release about it, then I'll pass along the info. Ill leave the speculation to Radio Shack employees.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Same here, I might come on here and say "wifi on the storm 2 in november!" but in the store if its not something that I can backup with proof through VZW it doesn't get discussed with a customer.
    08-01-09 12:53 PM
    For once we agree on something.

But only once.
    08-01-09 01:56 PM
    I was told today that Verizon EVDO/3G speeds are a free service, that we don't actually pay for it. We only pay for 1X.
    08-02-09 11:52 AM
    You don't pay more for 3G over 1X.

No, but I do pay for 3G. Otherwise, I would be with much cheaper TMobile!
    08-02-09 04:43 PM
    No service centers? Full stores have on-site technicians.

I think he meant places that would take your phone apart and replace a screen, port, whatever .. instead of replacing the whole phone.
    08-03-09 10:19 AM
    3rd time this week I've had to call CS because my email addresses automatically gets deleted. 3rd time in 6 days, WTF!! I'm on hold waiting to talk to Greg at Blackberry.
    08-03-09 01:49 PM
    And thats a funny story! what do you mean your email addresses get deleted?
    08-03-09 01:50 PM
    As in: They get DELETED, they try to look up my BB via the pin and they cannot find it. The Rep is not even able to re-add my VZW account.
    08-03-09 01:53 PM
    DELETED... someone posted something on this before I think might wanna check out that thread
    08-03-09 01:59 PM
    I talked to a REP and he asked me if I've upgraded to .148 because its amazing. I said no I'm on .151 which I like a little better. I then said I am waiting on a stable 5.0 then i'll upgrade to that. He said if your getting it off of crackberry it probably has virus's attached to it.
    08-03-09 03:14 PM
    3rd time this week I've had to call CS because my email addresses automatically gets deleted. 3rd time in 6 days, WTF!! I'm on hold waiting to talk to Greg at Blackberry.

My personal bb has deleted my email addresses about 7 times within the past week and half. I have heard of no resolution to this issue. If I do I will be sure to inform the VZW custs of it.
    08-03-09 03:17 PM
    I talked to a REP and he asked me if I've upgraded to .148 because its amazing. I said no I'm on .151 which I like a little better. I then said I am waiting on a stable 5.0 then i'll upgrade to that. He said if your getting it off of crackberry it probably has virus's attached to it.
    Thats the sh*t the robots tell us to say lol
    08-03-09 03:19 PM
    Thanks blue_and_bold! I would rather make Vzw and Rim take care of the problem than search for a thread that will not help me.

08-03-09 03:39 PM
    Thanks blue_and_bold! I would rather make Vzw and Rim take care of the problem than search for a thread that will not help me.

True we get paid for so please keep calling in
    08-03-09 03:50 PM
    True we get paid for so please keep calling in
    Are you kidding me? "keep calling in?" You dont work for Verizon do you? Do you know what one of the big initiatives is this year? Self Service. Do you know how much it costs the company each time someone calls in for a nonsense reason? I do, since you supposedly work in a call center, you should as well. "keep calling in" is the attitude that is going to get you promoted to "customer" that is even if you arent already.
    08-03-09 04:29 PM
304 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD