08-17-09 04:51 PM
304 ... 678910 ...
tools
    True before like 3 years ago I knew how to txt and call with phones I had no idea the possiblities of phones. So when I was a best buy rep I just sold the phones not really knowing when anything was coming out untill it hit my hand.
    Keep in mind - I do not believe that Best Buy reps get the training that corp employees get either.
    07-31-09 02:57 PM
    Keep in mind - I do not believe that Best Buy reps get the training that corp employees get either.
    Oh my god no way they were like *228 if it doesn't work tell them to go to the corp store. I activated probably less than 50 phones over like a year... Fun stuff though, we were also selling ipods and such.
    07-31-09 02:59 PM
    Best buy reps do not get the same training, I believe a VZW rep should know a little about every device they carry. Especially Blackberry's

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 03:01 PM
    Okay, this may not be hilarious, but I got a kick out of it. So, I dial *611 from my phone and press the correct buttons to be directed to CS. The rep answers and just after his introduction asked me if I was calling from the phone giving me issues. I said yes. He says, "try removing the battery and keeping it out for 30 seconds to a minute. " I say," should I wait until after the call is complete?" He replies,"go ahead and pull the battery now, and once your finished, I'll walk you through the rest of the steps. " I say," I'm worried about getting disconnected if I pull the battery." And he immediately replies,"well, if you have a good signal now, it should be okay..."

This was an actual conversation held just about a week ago. I take pity on him as he sounded very tired.
    07-31-09 03:01 PM
    Best buy reps do not get the same training, I believe a VZW rep should know a little about every device they carry. Especially Blackberry's

Totally agree but even though they go through training they aren't required to come onto crackberry and watch videos of leaked devices they won't get in their hands for close to 4 months.
    07-31-09 03:06 PM
    That is funny! I was going to say maybe the rep didn't hear when you said you were on your device, but after you asked again and he said you if you have a good signal you will be ok I had to laugh!!

07-31-09 03:06 PM
    We do not carry the Storm 2.
    Why wouldn't you carry a phone that isn't out?
    07-31-09 03:10 PM
    Just a heads up, Quickpull has been updated to version 3.1.0. Before you ask,yes it is a free upgrade

07-31-09 03:12 PM
    is the device coming out on Verizon? I believe they should know about upcoming devices.

07-31-09 03:13 PM
    Where's the humor? Different phone, different provisioning code.
    ...when it comes to canceling an app, the dumb phone is smarter than the smart phone...and the smart phone is dumber than the dumb phone. Humorous to some, not to others. Maybe even ironic. Ok...I know it's not the phone's fault.
    07-31-09 03:16 PM
    is the device coming out on Verizon? I believe they should know about upcoming devices.

Go into a store and ask about the omnia 2. Its supposed to be here in 2 months or so... I guarentee you that you will get some blank stares.
    07-31-09 03:18 PM
    Dumb phone has the capability of unsubscribing to applications/content - smartphone doesn't because it does not use Brew/Get it Now.

Easiest way is to go online and cancel it there.
    Hey Dude...got it the first time. I'll repeat what I said to bluerskyes (and you somewhat said it yourself): when it comes to canceling an app, dumb phone is smarter than the smart phone, and smart phone is dumber than the dumb phone.

Sorry...I made a boatload of money today and I am easily amused.
    07-31-09 03:22 PM
    Sorry...I made a boatload of money today and I am easily amused.
    He is a druglord and its friday so everyone needs a hookup before the weekend...
    07-31-09 03:25 PM
    He is a druglord and its friday so everyone needs a hookup before the weekend...
    Actually, I help very wealthy people spend their disposable income...on some of the coolest electronic toys on the planet. I have fun with my job and my clients...and don't have to make fun of them to do it.
    07-31-09 03:31 PM
    Actually, I help very wealthy people spend their disposable income...on some of the coolest electronic toys on the planet. I have fun with my job and my clients...and don't have to make fun of them to do it.
    +1.........
    07-31-09 04:45 PM
    The phone hasn't been announced. He is paid and trained to consult with you on phones that Verizon sells or has sold. Not to confirm speculation on something you saw on an unofficial website that Verizon might sell. He'd probably get in trouble for it as well, because it has NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED.
    Keep in mind, if you get rep that does not have BB device, chances are they will know less about new devices or other things about them. They do not own one, so they do stay on top of things. Reps unless they follow things will know less than a customer that owns one as a while. More so in the arena of releases, updates, and yes even operation of the device.

You will have a pleasurable call of course if you get a rep that owns or has a owned a device you are calling in about, but reps also have many resources to assist.
    I'm not saying he did a bad job. He knew everything he needed to - that the Tour was awesome and how much it was going to cost. He did a great job and I'm going to look for him the next time I'm in the store. I just sorta expected him to be a nerd like me - if I worked around BB's all day I'd know everything about them...but, again, I'm a nerd. And I did wonder a bit when I noticed his non-BB on his hip.

Anyway, I'm not trying to make fun of him; just share a story similar to whomever I quoted when I told it that I thought might be interesting.

By the way, @bluerskyes - has the Storm 2 been announced?
    07-31-09 05:09 PM
    Totally agree but even though they go through training they aren't required to come onto crackberry and watch videos of leaked devices they won't get in their hands for close to 4 months.
    Now wait a minute, what, exactly, is wrong with spending endless, countless hours on CrackBerry watching videos and reading rumors about phones that won't be available for months?
    07-31-09 05:13 PM
    Where's the humor? Different phone, different provisioning code.
    bluerskyes, you and a few other verizon reps seem to be missing the point of this thread, so I'm gonna help ya.

Pretend that you don't work for verizon. Pretend that you haven't had weeks or months of initial or ongoing training.
    Pretend that you know nothing about cell phones, smart phones, rate plans, service books or provisioning codes.

Now, you are like the majority of people on the planet. That is who this thread is for IMO. It isn't a help thread, so people don't need to be corrected.
    I'm sorry you sometimes have to deal with rude, arrogant or downright offensive people. If someone posts something that reminds you of a jerkoff customer you've recently dealt with, just walk away. Laugh to yourself, secure in the fact that you know better.

Some of you are just ruining the ride.

07-31-09 05:28 PM
    I literally just spit my pink lemonade out all over myself.....haha....rofl....well ill be Im not the only one on here....but wait....its only a matter of time before they
    1. remove your post
    2. bash you into leaving this forum......its "the way" of this forum....hahahahah

come on guys dont make a liar outta me.......show em how you roll.....lead and poo guys..... lead and poo
    You want funny? Look at this gem this esteemed member sent me.......

Today, 07:51 AM
    CrackBerry Abuser
    Device Model: 8900 (v4.6.1.231)
    Carrier: T-MOBILE
    PIN: 20FDD1ED

Send a message via Yahoo to larrygump

**** ANT
    your ****** bag-ery make me laugh ....everything you post is inflammatory.....

you angry little **** ant!!!!!! lmao
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    07-31-09 09:48 PM
    Lol!!!!!

07-31-09 09:54 PM
    bluerskyes, you and a few other verizon reps seem to be missing the point of this thread, so I'm gonna help ya.

Pretend that you don't work for verizon. Pretend that you haven't had weeks or months of initial or ongoing training.
    Pretend that you know nothing about cell phones, smart phones, rate plans, service books or provisioning codes.

Now, you are like the majority of people on the planet. That is who this thread is for IMO. It isn't a help thread, so people don't need to be corrected.
    I'm sorry you sometimes have to deal with rude, arrogant or downright offensive people. If someone posts something that reminds you of a jerkoff customer you've recently dealt with, just walk away. Laugh to yourself, secure in the fact that you know better.

Many years ago I was training to be a restaurant manager(thank goodness I no longer I have that job!). One of the first things we were taught is if a customer has a good experience (this was for anything dealing with the general public) they might tell one other person. On the opposite end of that, if they have a bad experience, they will tell 10 people. This is the way it is, deal with it. You are going to get accused falsely, that is part of the job. Forget about it, and move on.
    07-31-09 11:25 PM
    I think you're the one missing the point. None of these little anecdotes are funny. Lame humor is offensive to me.

Well, I may be wrong, but that sounds hollow and thin. Do you pounce on lame humor in other threads as well? Are you sure you're being honest with yourself?

08-01-09 01:45 AM
    Well, I may be wrong, but that sounds hollow and thin. Do you pounce on lame humor in other threads as well? Are you sure you're being honest with yourself?

Other threads aren't titled with "make us laugh" either...

I got a text message a couple of months ago, saying my account was past due... I have auto-pay set up, and I saw that Verizon took the money out of my account, so when I got a chance, I went online. I saw that Verizon took a payment of $178.96, but the balance was $392.45.... Apparently, I got a credit for a phone I had returned, and Verizon's automatic payment option only took the amount my account was showing due at the time... So, I paid no attention to it. Anyways, I had to call tech support that same time period, and the tech rep reminded me that I was past due, well, since he brought it up, I asked him "How can I be past due, if I'm signed up for auto-pay?" He kind of stammers and tells me I would have to contact financial services the next day because they were closed... So anyways, I contact financial services the next day, and:

Me: Hey, I called last night and a tech rep told me that I'm past due?
    Rep: Yeah, I show a balance forward of $213.49.
    Me: Oh, how is that possible? I'm signed up for auto-pay and you guys took my payment before the due date...
    Rep: I do see that you made a payment, but you didn't pay the full balance...
    Me: I didn't pay anything... Like I said, I'm on auto-pay. Your payment system is supposed to take out the money that I owe automatically, so I don't have to worry about missing payments... It didn't take out what it was supposed to.
    Rep: I do see that you're signed up for auto-pay, but sometimes it does that.
    Me: Sometimes it doesn't take what is owed, causing the customer ( me ), to have a balance forward, a late fee, and text messages and harassing calls about my service is going to be interrupted because we didn't pay on time, when in fact, it's your system that didn't take the proper funds?
    Rep: I'm sorry, but what do you want?
    Me: Hah, I want my f*cking $5 late fee credited, and I don't want my f*cking services interrupted for a mistake your system made, and leave me the **** alone, calling me telling me I'm late, when I'm not.
    Rep: Yes sir.

WTF?

She did credit the account, my service was never interrupted, but no one had an answer as to why auto-pay didn't take out the appropriate funds, but they suspect it had something to do with the $213.49 credit I received for returning a phone. They _think_ the credit in the system applied to the following bill, causing the balance on my bill to be $0, but the payment was taken for my bill minus the credit, even though I didn't "have" the credit yet... *shrugs*
    08-01-09 03:09 AM

Maybe that is why most of the posts on the customer thread aren't funny to us. We can't imagine that we, customers, are reps with their vast knowledge and experience.
    08-01-09 08:34 AM
    Sorry but I have only made it a little bit into this thread as I don't have Verizon but I saw this an couldn't believe what I saw.

I work for RadioShack, which sells Sprint, AT&T, used to sell Verizon at some stores, and on the 19th T-Mobile. I also used to work for T-Mobile in customer service and I know every single device I sell or have sold and I also know about upcoming devices. I also know every price plan by every provider we sell AS WELL AS I know about all the other products that RadioShack sells. Knowing the product is a small part of the job and any moron can do that. Having passion in what you do makes you know all the little stuff. I have mentioned Crackberry.com, Leaked Storm OS', and the Blackberry 101 lectures to my customers. I could be like some reps and just not care about phones other than blackberrys but customers would rather buy something from someone if they know the product vs someone that can just sell the service. I'm pretty sure alot of the people on this forum can back that statement up as well. There are a lot of people that actually would rather pay more for something, just to get a better sales experience. I have plenty of customers that I have sold blackberrys to because I know the product as well as the service but my manager who has worked here for 35 years can't sell a blackberry for the life of him as he knows nothing about them or the service in general.

EDIT: Just wanted to add, I work next to a Verizon store and if I go in there, 9 out of 10 of them know about the Storm 2. Granted they can not talk about it(trust me, I've tried) but they do acknowledge that it does exist and is coming to Ol' Redder

The Storm 2 and the speculation surrounding it only exist in forums like this, and most reps are unaware of the phone(s) being released until the company officialy releases the info. The fact that the rep did not know anything about the phone is in no way a WTF situation. The interview that Lowell Mcadams gave to Reuters stating there would be a second generation Storm along with the Palm Pre "in six months or so" (which the interview was given back in June) was not even passed along to VZW reps.

The reps are first responsible for knowing their product (price plans, data packages, text packages, etc) and that alone is more intensive than anyone could imagine. So to a rep, no matter what carrier, everything is speculation until their respective company has given them information and/or training on the specific device.
    Last edited by HotCelica; 08-01-09 at 09:26 AM.
    08-01-09 09:22 AM
304 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD