08-17-09 04:51 PM
304 ... 56789 ...
tools
    After waiting alost an hour for a NEWBIE store rep to do a simple warranty claim,and biting my tongue the entire time because he opted to get lost over asking for directions, I asked him to add my prior military service dicount to my account. He asked me for my DD214 (discharge document). I asked him if he was kidding and showed him my Military ID. He said he couldnt accept that as proof. I said, " When, even after I gave you my last 4 and password , you wanted my drivers liscense issued by the state. But you wont accept a miltary id issued by the federal government that has my ssn on it..? " I had too laugh. I plan to try again over the phone.
    07-30-09 09:43 AM
    I apologize for my spelling and grammer.
    07-30-09 09:46 AM
    After waiting alost an hour for a NEWBIE store rep to do a simple warranty claim,and biting my tongue the entire time because he opted to get lost over asking for directions, I asked him to add my prior military service dicount to my account. He asked me for my DD214 (discharge document). I asked him if he was kidding and showed him my Military ID. He said he couldnt accept that as proof. I said, " When, even after I gave you my last 4 and password , you wanted my drivers liscense issued by the state. But you wont accept a miltary id issued by the federal government that has my ssn on it..? " I had too laugh. I plan to try again over the phone.
    Holy crap, he seriously asked you for a DD214? How did he even know about that form?
    07-30-09 03:27 PM
    I know it is a stupid policy but most places are not supposed to accept Military ID's as a form of identification. I am NOT speaking about VZW because I do not know any of their policies on this. I am talking about bars and such. I worked at a bar in Pennsylvania and the bartenders were not allowed to accept Military ID's as proof of legal drinking age. Don't know if that was their policy or the law.

Fortunately for me I don't have a funny story to contribute to this thread because every rep I have dealt with has been extremely helpful and polite.
    07-30-09 08:24 PM

WOW, that's crazy. When I signed up a few years ago I just told the rep that i was a Ford employee and didn't have to show my work I.D.
    07-30-09 08:32 PM
    WOW, that's crazy. When I signed up a few years ago I just told the rep that i was a Ford employee and didn't have to show my work I.D.
    That can't be true, no way, no how.

The VZW business discount team has to be one of the most strict divisions to work with. We can't even apply the discount in the store if you don't provide some kind of proof.
    07-30-09 09:44 PM
    That can't be true, no way, no how.

The VZW business discount team has to be one of the most strict divisions to work with. We can't even apply the discount in the store if you don't provide some kind of proof.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 09:53 PM
    Ok Vet, whatever you say. Obviously you were there and now the details of what happened in my particular situation.

There you go again quoting people and talking out of your poophole, grow up or act your age.

07-30-09 10:09 PM
    Just a toss in about a post a few pages back...if you're having signal issues DO NO GO INTO A STORE unless tech over the phone tells you to.

Edit sorry...asks you to, not tells you to.
    07-30-09 11:22 PM
    Ok Vet, whatever you say. Obviously you were there and now the details of what happened in my particular situation.

There you go again quoting people and talking out of your poophole, grow up or act your age.

you are both right. You used to be able to jst sign up on a discount, just using your work email.

Now, you have to show some id to get it on there, they have gotten a lot more strict.
    07-31-09 12:49 AM
    Hopefully this is one but was told because I have a blackberry I can only add and remove VZNavigator by telephone. In the 6 years with Verizon I have never heard anything that dumb

07-31-09 12:59 AM
    Hopefully this is one but was told because I have a blackberry I can only add and remove VZNavigator by telephone. In the 6 years with Verizon I have never heard anything that dumb

well, you could also use the internet, or go into a store. but the main point is correct,i dont see how that is dumb.

This is why this thread is lacking.
    07-31-09 01:06 AM
    No, I hear you. People are far more likely to complain than praise.

Just a suggestion for all you people out there- when you get good service, whether over the phone or in person, take down the person's name and ask to speak to their supervisor. And then tell their supervisor what a great job the person who helped you did. It not only makes a person's day, but it's also going to help them out a lot down the road, when the boss is considering people for promotions or whatever. It's a little thing my mom taught me.
    however that doesn't totally depend on the attitude of that person im not saying anyone's wrong but the fact that people remember bad things over good things is human nature its just how everyone thinks so i dont blame anyone but ourselves however this does me want to say more good things about...well other things
    07-31-09 02:35 AM
    In tech support I've had quite a few moments where I questioned the customer service rep's iq that just transferred a customer to us...

Had someone wait on hold for 40 min just so I could tell her a particular phone isn't compatible with mobile web (csr didn't know for sure so they transferred to alltel converted for a question about a verizon device). This information was right there on the screen, but the rep was too lazy.

Don't even ask how many times a call has been transferred because they were hotlined and the feature was right on the account..

07-31-09 02:54 AM
    In tech support I've had quite a few moments where I questioned the customer service rep's iq that just transferred a customer to us...

Had someone wait on hold for 40 min just so I could tell her a particular phone isn't compatible with mobile web (csr didn't know for sure so they transferred to alltel converted for a question about a verizon device). This information was right there on the screen, but the rep was too lazy.

Don't even ask how many times a call has been transferred because they were hotlined and the feature was right on the account..

Thats true and i've had CSR's lie to me and say oh yeah they just wanna download vzam or something and its a totally different call, and they are on their phone sh*t like that pisses me off.
    07-31-09 07:31 AM
    One VZW rep told me he hadn't even heard of the Storm 2 and if i had any info could i share that was like July 23 WTF!!!!! How could he haven't even heard of it!! I refered him to crackberry.com
    In VZW a week or so back, getting my brother and mom Tours. I make a comment about the Storm 2 and the guy tells me that he doesn't know when it will be out (ok, that's fine and accurate), that it's only rumored at this point (um, we've seen pictures AND video AND I'm pretty sure RIM has confirmed it) and that he has no idea what it will be like (seen some pretty solid/consistent specs - plus, I can imagine it will be like the S1 but with more app memm etc)
    07-31-09 10:59 AM
    In VZW a week or so back, getting my brother and mom Tours. I make a comment about the Storm 2 and the guy tells me that he doesn't know when it will be out (ok, that's fine and accurate), that it's only rumored at this point (um, we've seen pictures AND video AND I'm pretty sure RIM has confirmed it) and that he has no idea what it will be like (seen some pretty solid/consistent specs - plus, I can imagine it will be like the S1 but with more app memm etc)
    So... Why would you ask about something you know a lot about? OR you could educate the rep in a way, but of course nothing is official really until it is announced and is marketed for pre-launch. You guys can't expect the rep to know everything. They all don't get off work and run home to check out the latest news on crackberry.com.

Where do you work? How would you feel in this situation?

07-31-09 11:06 AM
    So... Why would you ask about something you know a lot about? OR you could educate the rep in a way, but of course nothing is official really until it is announced and is marketed for pre-launch. You guys can't expect the rep to know everything. They all don't get off work and run home to check out the latest news on crackberry.com.

And moreso....the guy was doing his job. Anything can happen in this industry, so giving away information that isnt official, is just stupid, and an easy way to get fired.

Its like me getting mad at the guy at the movie theater because he doesnt knwo who is going to star in the captain america movie.
    07-31-09 11:10 AM
    And moreso....the guy was doing his job. Anything can happen in this industry, so giving away information that isnt official, is just stupid, and an easy way to get fired.

Its like me getting mad at the guy at the movie theater because he doesnt knwo who is going to star in the captain america movie.
    There's gonna be a captain america movie???
    07-31-09 11:30 AM

There's gonna be a captain america movie???
    I didn't ask about it. My brother had asked me if the Tour would be a good choice and I said yes, unless he wanted to wait for the Storm 2 which is rumored to be out later this year. The rep seemed to be trying to one-up me with what he said. I wasn't looking for him to know everything about a device that hasn't officially been announced - but I did expect him to know a tiny bit about it. Basic stuff like more app mem (not definite but I don't see why not at least as much as the Tour) and such. I wasn't mad or disappointed, just a bit surprised that he hadn't heard more or that VZW/RIM doesn't share more about upcoming devices.

By the way, Captian America Movie
    Last edited by RickyRoss10; 07-31-09 at 01:36 PM.
    07-31-09 01:16 PM

Aagh I have to do so many bill credits for this... Reps will tell customer's that they've removed the feature from the customer's account, but don't tell them that if they don't delete the program from the phone, they will continue to get charged. You don't have to tell ANYONE that you don't want VZNav anymore... you just delete it from your phone and the system automatically does it for you (unless there's a network error). The only phone that you have to call in and have it removed for is the smartphones.
    07-31-09 01:43 PM
    Aagh I have to do so many bill credits for this... Reps will tell customer's that they've removed the feature from the customer's account, but don't tell them that if they don't delete the program from the phone, they will continue to get charged. You don't have to tell ANYONE that you don't want VZNav anymore... you just delete it from your phone and the system automatically does it for you (unless there's a network error). The only phone that you have to call in and have it removed for is the smartphones.
    Let me get this right...if you have a dumb phone, all you have to do it delete the app to get it removed from your bill. If you have a smart phone you have to make a special call to have the app removed. I know you're only the messenger but this is hilarious!...Thanks!

07-31-09 02:28 PM
    I didn't ask about it. My brother had asked me if the Tour would be a good choice and I said yes, unless he wanted to wait for the Storm 2 which is rumored to be out later this year. The rep seemed to be trying to one-up me with what he said. I wasn't looking for him to know everything about a device that hasn't officially been announced - but I did expect him to know a tiny bit about it. Basic stuff like more app mem (not definite but I don't see why not at least as much as the Tour) and such. I wasn't mad or disappointed, just a bit surprised that he hadn't heard more or that VZW/RIM doesn't share more about upcoming devices.

By the way, Captian America Movie
    Keep in mind, if you get rep that does not have BB device, chances are they will know less about new devices or other things about them. They do not own one, so they do stay on top of things. Reps unless they follow things will know less than a customer that owns one as a while. More so in the arena of releases, updates, and yes even operation of the device.

You will have a pleasurable call of course if you get a rep that owns or has a owned a device you are calling in about, but reps also have many resources to assist.
    07-31-09 02:32 PM
    Let me get this right...if you have a dumb phone, all you have to do it delete the app to get it removed from your bill. If you have a smart phone you have to make a special call to have the app removed. I know you're only the messenger but this is hilarious!...Thanks!

Dumb phone has the capability of unsubscribing to applications/content - smartphone doesn't because it does not use Brew/Get it Now.

Easiest way is to go online and cancel it there.
    07-31-09 02:37 PM
    Keep in mind, if you get rep that does not have BB device, chances are they will know less about new devices or other things about them. They do not own one, so they do stay on top of things. Reps unless they follow things will know less than a customer that owns one as a while. More so in the arena of releases, updates, and yes even operation of the device.

You will have a pleasurable call of course if you get a rep that owns or has a owned a device you are calling in about, but reps also have many resources to assist.
    True before like 3 years ago I knew how to txt and call with phones I had no idea the possiblities of phones. So when I was a best buy rep I just sold the phones not really knowing when anything was coming out untill it hit my hand.
    07-31-09 02:48 PM
304 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD