08-17-09 04:51 PM
304 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Posted by Lastraid in the other thread... figure I will quote it in here... Joey posted the link to this thread for the 2nd time... Lastraid's response... [some corrections made in brackets... missed a couple words there Lastraid )

Thank you for the link. This is far [more] entertaining as it funny things reps see everyday. While the other forum is far from funny and has once lead to nothing more than centralized forum for VZW complaints. mostly from about 4-5 people. I have followed both and the referenced forum does nothing more than point the lack of knowledge of some reps and other complaints. It is more like bate situation that when you call, you ask question you know the answer to, only to get some not so accurate info and then post it here.

This forum is not inteneded to insult or belittle customers with their skill level of a device, but some of the crazy things reps see.

Keep in mind you have a BB device, you read here and become very knowledgable about your device. Where as a rep needs to know not only only a BB but every other device, price plan, application, offer, procedures, etc. A rep can be knowlegable in most areas but cannot know everything about everything. If you call and get a tier 1 CS rep and ask them a question about a BB device, chances are you may get some not so accurate info, as they are billing experts not techs.

I will give to you that it is better to [say] I dont know than to give bad info. Also reps have a vast amount of resources available to them, it would take a an extra minute or two to look up the right info.

All the above is just a IMHO observation.
    07-28-09 09:45 PM
    I don't have any particular story to divulge but this week i had to make a service visit to a Verizon store. The experience was not a particularly bad one, except for the exceptionally long wait the service was good. I don't have a gripe so much as a few suggestions for people working at the stores. I would like to preface what i am about to say with the following concession, you all seem to do a good job at providing people what they need and you seem to listen well.

That being said i felt like i walked into a surrealist sci=fi version of the future. It was like i was talking to automatons engineered to the specificity of verizon's needs. I am not kidding when i say i wanted to touch the reps who were working there to make sure they were human. In particular i was called sir just about every other sentence like i was a drill instructor at an army base. I'm 26 years old please talk to me like you have a soul, relax a bit. I know what you are going to say, if you did this then there would be those who complain that you are too informal, its OK some of us prefer informal conversation to the droning cadence of packaged cordial communication.

Don't be so uptight Verizon dudes and duddettes some of us actually like being your customers, don't make me feel like i should have to wear a suit to one of your stores. When you see a middle aged man/woman with a cringe on their face activate your Verizon default rep programming to deal with them, but for the love of god deactivate it when those of us that seem more mellow and informal come around.
    kthanxbai
    07-28-09 09:46 PM
    LOL, BINGO!!!!!! This is the best post yet!!!!!!
    LOL!!!!!! Things VZW reps say that make us laugh. Glad you got us back on topic.
    As I've said many times, VZW is the best. They have some great employees that serve their customers well. As a bonus they also have some employees who make us laugh. Thanks.
    07-28-09 09:47 PM
    ....blah im finished
    07-28-09 10:09 PM
    I don't have any particular story to divulge but this week i had to make a service visit to a Verizon store. The experience was not a particularly bad one, except for the exceptionally long wait the service was good. I don't have a gripe so much as a few suggestions for people working at the stores. I would like to preface what i am about to say with the following concession, you all seem to do a good job at providing people what they need and you seem to listen well.

That being said i felt like i walked into a surrealist sci=fi version of the future. It was like i was talking to automatons engineered to the specificity of verizon's needs. I am not kidding when i say i wanted to touch the reps who were working there to make sure they were human. In particular i was called sir just about every other sentence like i was a drill instructor at an army base. I'm 26 years old please talk to me like you have a soul, relax a bit. I know what you are going to say, if you did this then there would be those who complain that you are too informal, its OK some of us prefer informal conversation to the droning cadence of packaged cordial communication.

Don't be so uptight Verizon dudes and duddettes some of us actually like being your customers, don't make me feel like i should have to wear a suit to one of your stores. When you see a middle aged man/woman with a cringe on their face activate your Verizon default rep programming to deal with them, but for the love of god deactivate it when those of us that seem more mellow and informal come around.
    kthanxbai
    I agree with the fact that its annoying that some reps are like this. I never call anyone "sir" or "Ma'am" unless they are being very rude. If anything, i'm too unprofessional. But I think thats why my customers like me, im not the stereotypical sales person.
    07-28-09 10:15 PM
    dont hate.........lmao
    07-28-09 10:22 PM
    I heard someone say my name earlier?.......lmao...

awesome post joey........and great statement tsst.....liked your earlier one too....hahahahaha

*pouting* "my job is so hard and technical *pouting*-crakalakakakakakakawhatever

my new signature- please tell that to a soldier or sailor overseas....or to a police officer or firefighter.....or somebody else who has a "real" job and doesn't sit in the cozy A/C everyday....maybe even one of your engineers or field techs who have ot actually work.....pssst....haha

heres a funny one for ya......its funny that none of these grizzled "vet's" or reps can take a pun at there expense....but there quick to tell you how misinformed or stupid YOU are....but there the ones working for $10-12 an hour while most of you have degrees you worked hard for

P.S. (HERE IT COMES BY THE WAY-HOW THEY ALL HAVE DEGREES AND MAKE MUCHO BUCKS)....blah im finished
    Suck @ss

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    First, TSST has never sucked my @ss, that would just be awkward.

Next, im not pouting or anything like that, im just saying people need to keep it in mind before giving us **** about it. and most of us actually do have degrees, that verizon actually pays for. I may not, but i also make a lot more than 10-12/hour. my ex gf had 2 degrees in fact, and i make over twice what she does so yeah, dont really see the point you are trying to make. and before you ask, yes, i was accepted actually into 2 colleges, and decided not to go because of reasons i dont need to explain to you. didnt you say you were going to stop your trolling?
    07-28-09 10:26 PM
    PS be so kind as to change that annoying signature
    why? not name dropping am i? I completely forgot who posted that anyway. Im sure that person wont find it annoying
    07-28-09 10:38 PM
    Funniest thing said so far in this thread is crackalackaberry " We have one of the most demanding jobs out there." hahahaha!

Crackalackaberry, come back, you dropped something! "Here, you might need this. Its called perspective."

2nd funniest thing is the rest of you reps and csr's parading your thin skin and fragile egos. If your going to dish it out, you should be prepared to take it. I don't see your customers circling like vultures on your thread as you do here.

Please stick to entertaining me with tales of extreme stupidity and dishonesty..

07-28-09 10:53 PM
    Funniest thing said so far in this thread is crackalackaberry " We have one of the most demanding jobs out there." hahahaha!

Crackalackaberry, come back, you dropped something! "Here, you might need this. Its called perspective."

2nd funniest thing is the rest of you reps and csr's parading your thin skin and fragile egos. If your going to dish it out, you should be prepared to take it. I don't see your customers circling like vultures on your thread as you do here.

Please stick to entertaining me with tales of extreme stupidity and dishonesty..

I literally just spit my pink lemonade out all over myself.....haha....rofl....well ill be Im not the only one on here....but wait....its only a matter of time before they
    1. remove your post
    2. bash you into leaving this forum......its "the way" of this forum....hahahahah

come on guys dont make a liar outta me.......show em how you roll.....lead and poo guys..... lead and poo
    07-28-09 10:56 PM
    Well, if people want to bash me, they can do it after I post this.

A. I am not a troll, I am not here to bait or bash.

B. I have been a csr for 6 years now, phone and counter sales.

C. You vzw guys are funnier in the other thread..

07-29-09 12:27 AM
    Look at my screen name and tell me why I would poke fun at a fellow rep.......

Hey man, with my 8350i, I could only view youtube on a wifi. It seemed some wifis were not fast enough to let me view videos though. Don't know what all that was about.

07-29-09 01:35 AM

And I think the thing you don't get is, we can take back what we dish out....the content of this thread is lacking what it was supposed to provide. Some have tried to display what they feel is stupidity or lack of knowledge, when in reality they are complaining for no reason at all.
    07-29-09 07:32 AM
    And I think the thing you don't get is, we can take back what we dish out....the content of this thread is lacking what it was supposed to provide. Some have tried to display what they feel is stupidity or lack of knowledge, when in reality they are complaining for no reason at all.
    I agree, there are stories on here about people not knowing that the tour came out when it did... Not funny. Not entertaining.
    Although crackalack and larrygump are quite entertaining.
    07-29-09 07:46 AM

haha I love LSG!
    07-29-09 08:06 AM
    Wireless Vet, I do the same thing with my co-workers that you do in the other thread.
    While I agree most of the examples posted here so far aren't the funniest, it seems unneccesary for vzw reps to jump in and defend themselves all the time. That behavior seems insecure.

Also, the other thread has been going for two months now, and has a very loyal following. Give this one some time and it might get better. No matter what the intent of the OP was in creating it. Or some who have posted here.

07-29-09 08:28 AM
    haha I love LSG!
    Now that's a compliment I'm gonna frame!

07-29-09 08:40 AM
    Now that's a compliment I'm gonna frame!

frame it and hold it close to your heart.
    07-29-09 08:56 AM

kthanxbai
    Awesome post. And I like customers like yourself. I try to not make this job too stressful.

Really, for the most part, all i do most of the day is talk. Talk about plans, what people want, as opposed to need, talk to people about their issues(phone or personal, and trust me sometimes, it gets personal, lol)

But seriously, some people really have an axe to grind with vzw, and to all those people saying we dont have thick skin, should look at certain posters in this thread, who just jump on vzw for no other reason but becuse we didnt "give them what they deserve" which for some reason is different than any other customer out there.

Its people like you dude that I LOVE helping, down to earth, and doesnt come in expecting me to be your slave, but just your consultant, thats pretty cool.

Also, about the wait in the store thing, I always tell people "I can only go as fast as the last customer let me" I have had people who I have to say no to 5 times before they ask for a manager, who says no another 3 times, before they just get mad and leave. And that takes 30 minutes away from someone who is just trying to get a car charger, or knows what phones they want. Its frustrating.

I have one for the thread I think....

I had a co-worker who came in with her friend, to get a bb curve. She tried to get her the package that had the bt headset, car charger, and case...I told her "you really should get her a memory card instead, you know if she doesnt have one, it could wipe her info" She looks at me and says "why are you trying to sell her something she doesnt need, you are being too aggressive" I told her, "well, you know the curve has the same problem as the pearl?" her response " no they dont, that impossible I have never seen it done" So I eneded it with "Well it's a blackberry, they kinda all work off the same system"

Basically, she was telling me that these two blackberries were made differently. And she actually had been my trainer when I came into the store my first 2 months, and had been workingfor the company for 3 years!

Definitely, not a proud moment to say where I work.

Also, I usually say wtf? when a cs rep just gives out some insane discount I have to honor. I had a lady get a dare for 25 dollars the second week it came out, because cs gave her her upgrade early, an extra 50 bucks, and the rebate, because she lost it on a roller coaster...I guess though many people wont find that funny, as much as us employees do.
    07-29-09 09:04 AM
    But seriously, some people really have an axe to grind with vzw, and to all those people saying we dont have thick skin, should look at certain posters in this thread, who just jump on vzw for no other reason but becuse we didnt "give them what they deserve" which for some reason is different than any other customer out there.
    My favorite part I can give and take but look at several threads in this forum... The guy that said VZW sucks cuz they wouldn't upgrade him. I have no problem working with someone who has been through 3 storms none at all I know what its like. When people call and they have their hands out I want to reach through the phone and put cigarettes out on their palms. But, when someone calls in and they genuinely need help and are understanding with policies and the fact that we all have someone to, and that we can't do whatever we want whenever we want. Those people I like.
    07-29-09 09:30 AM
    Awesome post. And I like customers like yourself. I try to not make this job too stressful.

Really, for the most part, all i do most of the day is talk. Talk about plans, what people want, as opposed to need, talk to people about their issues(phone or personal, and trust me sometimes, it gets personal, lol)

Its people like you dude that I LOVE helping, down to earth, and doesnt come in expecting me to be your slave, but just your consultant, thats pretty cool.

Also, about the wait in the store thing, I always tell people "I can only go as fast as the last customer let me" I have had people who I have to say no to 5 times before they ask for a manager, who says no another 3 times, before they just get mad and leave. And that takes 30 minutes away from someone who is just trying to get a car charger, or knows what phones they want. Its frustrating.

I have one for the thread I think....

I had a co-worker who came in with her friend, to get a bb curve. She tried to get her the package that had the bt headset, car charger, and case...I told her "you really should get her a memory card instead, you know if she doesnt have one, it could wipe her info" She looks at me and says "why are you trying to sell her something she doesnt need, you are being too aggressive" I told her, "well, you know the curve has the same problem as the pearl?" her response " no they dont, that impossible I have never seen it done" So I eneded it with "Well it's a blackberry, they kinda all work off the same system"

Basically, she was telling me that these two blackberries were made differently. And she actually had been my trainer when I came into the store my first 2 months, and had been workingfor the company for 3 years!

Definitely, not a proud moment to say where I work.

Also, I usually say wtf? when a cs rep just gives out some insane discount I have to honor. I had a lady get a dare for 25 dollars the second week it came out, because cs gave her her upgrade early, an extra 50 bucks, and the rebate, because she lost it on a roller coaster...I guess though many people wont find that funny, as much as us employees do.

Constructive criticism is always a better way to go then to accuse and criticize some ones abilities. I am glad you liked my post but from what i could see the stuffiness stems from the way you guys are trained and probably the amount of angry people you have come in to your stores, after all in todays society cell phones are one of our most sacred possessions so people behave in an over attached manner when reacting to a problem they have with their phone and or service. I think in someways its a defense mechanism to react and behave in the same manner to everyone in the store. That emotionless monotone oration is just a way of disguising their feelings toward any particular customer, no matter what their feelings toward them may be.

I will say going to a store was by far better than calling into your over the phone services. I recently signed up for a tethering plan and i was given the runaround from department to department until i was able to connect with some one who signed me up, unfortunately my story did not end there, a couple days later i went to check my data usage and discovered i was way over on my phone and tethering plan. Long story short the problem was fixed but not after i dealt with a rep that wouldn't let me talk, and kept coughing into the phone. It was an awful experience all around but again nothing to rage and raise a pitchfork over.
    07-29-09 11:17 AM
    Someone should start a thread named "things that people would like to b*tch about to verizon, and your verizon stories about how sh*tty they are"
    07-29-09 11:21 AM
    ^^^thats a great idea
    07-29-09 11:54 AM
    ^^^thats a great idea
    Either that or change the name of this thread to that?
    07-29-09 12:04 PM
    Constructive criticism is always a better way to go then to accuse and criticize some ones abilities. I am glad you liked my post but from what i could see the stuffiness stems from the way you guys are trained and probably the amount of angry people you have come in to your stores, after all in todays society cell phones are one of our most sacred possessions so people behave in an over attached manner when reacting to a problem they have with their phone and or service. I think in someways its a defense mechanism to react and behave in the same manner to everyone in the store. That emotionless monotone oration is just a way of disguising their feelings toward any particular customer, no matter what their feelings toward them may be.

I will say going to a store was by far better than calling into your over the phone services. I recently signed up for a tethering plan and i was given the runaround from department to department until i was able to connect with some one who signed me up, unfortunately my story did not end there, a couple days later i went to check my data usage and discovered i was way over on my phone and tethering plan. Long story short the problem was fixed but not after i dealt with a rep that wouldn't let me talk, and kept coughing into the phone. It was an awful experience all around but again nothing to rage and raise a pitchfork over.

I think it speak more on how technology has us handcuffed in this wonderful society. I just had a lady leave who said "I only use my bb for emails" Well, unfortunatey that is just the tip of the iceberg, but I think she was so scared I was SELLING her something when I talked about appworld, it went in one ear and out the other.

Honestly, it comes down to the rep, at the end of the day, I have worked cs, and in the stores, and honestly, most of your customer types are the same. You have the know it alls, the gulliable ones, the people who wont listen, the stupid question person.

I dont think this thread is intended maliciously, unfortunately, most of the people who think what we do is "stupid" really havent an idea of what we have to remember, and like you say cant remember "everything about everything"

Someone should start a thread named "things that people would like to b*tch about to verizon, and your verizon stories about how sh*tty they are".
    Good point
    07-29-09 02:03 PM
304 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD