08-17-09 04:51 PM
304 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Actually, it's a matter of stating something that was funny. It's failed to produce that.
    Thats funny cuz youve been the most sarcastic one on here.....and not to mention you REPS sure can dish it out but you cant take it very well.....

OH and next time you tell me how VZW is doing nothing but growing....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f72/vzw...0-jobs-280279/

I like how crackalak earlier said he was "fine with this thread staying" ....like somehow he gets to decide? Did I miss something?
    07-28-09 01:39 PM
    Thats true, I'm not gonna sit here and say my job is sooo hard anyone with some techy knowledge can do it. But can they do it well?
    Whats funny is how in a few other threads you were so quick to bash me with the rest of the "REPS".......not hearing that now.....what happned to the HIVE MIND
    07-28-09 01:41 PM
    Thats funny cuz youve been the most sarcastic one on here.....and not to mention you REPS sure can dish it out but you cant take it very well.....

I like how crackalak earlier said he was "fine with this thread staying" ....like somehow he gets to decide? Did I miss something?
    The funniest part about that link is that it says on there it is Verizon Communications thats cutting 8,000 jobs. VZW(Verizon Wireless) is adding people as we speak(a class just walked past me.)
    07-28-09 01:56 PM
    Good luck with that.......looks like Iphone is puttin a hurtin on you VZW'ers......good luck with that new class though blue.....I dont want ANYONE to lose there jobs.....Ide just lke to see VZW straighten up its act....

Verizon profit falls, eyes 8,000 job cuts - Yahoo! News
    07-28-09 02:13 PM
    As Blue and Bold pointed out, that's more referring to the landline business rather than the wireless business.
    07-28-09 02:16 PM
    Good luck with that.......looks like Iphone is puttin a hurtin on you VZW'ers......good luck with that new class though blue.....I dont want ANYONE to lose there jobs.....Ide just lke to see VZW straighten up its act....

Verizon profit falls, eyes 8,000 job cuts - Yahoo! News
    You want us ALL to fail! I think its crackalacka that has problems with you LOL Iphone is puttin VZW to shame but what would happen to AT&T if any other provider got their hands on the Iphone... At least AT&T has great service...
    07-28-09 02:17 PM
    You want us ALL to fail! I think its crackalacka that has problems with you LOL Iphone is puttin VZW to shame but what would happen to AT&T if any other provider got their hands on the Iphone... At least AT&T has great service...
    I cant speak to their service.....the last time i was even close to having an AT&T phone I was with suncom when it was a subsidiary....

Ide love to seethe iphone on VZW....and TMO....SPRINT everywhere....Im never leavin my BB though......just to good a phone...and i dont care what anybody says I love the OS.....soooooo simple and user friendly
    07-28-09 02:34 PM
    The funniest part of this thread is the way the VZW employees respond. They apparently have very thin skin and can't stand to see customers make fun of them (or at worst attempt to make fun of them) even though they think they are cute making fun of customers in there funny thread.
    As I said before, I took exception to the premise of their thread and somebody whined to the powers that be and my posts were expunged.
    Fortunately for us, most VZW reps are extremely competent and will resolve our issues in a very professional manner, not repeating some of the naive and sometimes idiotic things we might say.
    This thread has accomplished what it started out to do. Show some of the funny and WTF things VZW reps say. They say it in their posts.
    I agree with what you are sayig...people take things personally BUT there are so people who make up stuff instead of looking it up or saying they don't know it is funny they make the company look stupid & thin skin or no thin skin I'd say people need to to get over it, at the end of the day no matter who you work for you are replaceable & just a number...people stay with companies for YEARS only to get canned because of a b.s. reason etc.
    07-28-09 02:43 PM
    Now that is the truth!, Nicely said Venomgirl!

This thread has taken a turn for the worse. It would be nice if we could try to stay on topic, or whateva.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 03:01 PM
    Now that is the truth!, Nicely said Venomgirl!

This thread has taken a turn for the worse. It would be nice if we could try to stay on topic, or whateva.....

Good luck with that.
    07-28-09 03:03 PM
    I agree with what you are sayig...people take things personally BUT there are so people who make up stuff instead of looking it up or saying they don't know it is funny they make the company look stupid & thin skin or no thin skin I'd say people need to to get over it, at the end of the day no matter who you work for you are replaceable & just a number...people stay with companies for YEARS only to get canned because of a b.s. reason etc.
    Preach it sister....

07-28-09 03:04 PM

AND as it's been pointed out in multiple threads and links like this

Layoff Tracker: Verizon Communications cuts 8000 jobs peyiyidys Blog

.........Verizon COMMUNICATIONS is RUMORED to be laying off 8000, not Verizon WIRELESS.

The company just dumped over 4 million into remodelling our store and we could be hiring 20-21 new people.
    07-28-09 03:11 PM
    AND as it's been pointed out in multiple threads and links like this

Layoff Tracker: Verizon Communications cuts 8000 jobs peyiyidys Blog

.........Verizon COMMUNICATIONS is RUMORED to be laying off 8000, not Verizon WIRELESS.

The company just dumped over 4 million into remodelling our store and we could be hiring 20-21 new people.
    Whatever vet...read the WHOLE article.... Says VZ wireless growth is stagnating with the release of I3Gs....what goes UP must come down...

07-28-09 03:17 PM
    Larrygump t-mo fanboy why dont you just stay the **** out of the verizon part of the threads? go over to t-mo with your crap service!
    07-28-09 03:18 PM
    tough gal you mean....but anyways they all should all **** off! its annoying and really why does this matter to you? VZW has nothing to do with you and Tmo nor sprint or att.
    07-28-09 03:26 PM
    Its an open forum for anyone to pretty much give their 2 cents. I post on Sprint TMO and others...
    07-28-09 03:28 PM
    Verizon is the best hands down.

Its a shame tho when a rep doesnt know what they're own company offers.
    07-28-09 03:38 PM
    I have to say that this is one of the better posts that I have read in along time. I have been in the telecommunications industry for 30 years and I have learned that if you cant look at you own f&*% ups and laugh at yourself you must be a very inmature and insecure adult . Alot of the replies here I think prove my point....
    07-28-09 04:31 PM
    Why don't ya'll open a cold one...and chill. I really don't care about bragging rights and who is best and where. Just give me a good solid device, dependable reception, a plan that fits my needs and budget, and good tech support when I need it. Btw, I never needed tech support until VZW monkeyed with Alltel and my PRL. I have been patient and nice to every retail rep (at least 4, 2 of them multiple times) and every tech support rep (4 so far) I have spoken to. When I get home my phone service is still the pits. One store rep has called back when he said he would. I know that when the kinks are ironed out I'll have awesome service with a company I have no respect for. As a final word for this post let me say: act like a child and you'll get treated like a child. Act like an adult and you'll get treated like an adult. Act like a professional and you'll get treated like a professional.

07-28-09 04:41 PM
    Perfect point cted...some people can't even stand that I "dare" to come in to a vzw forum and say ANYTHING negative...even though I do it in good taste...I've had mods pull my post because they don't like that I say anything negative about vzw...I've had a few terrible experiences with tele sales and vzw customer care and so finally after being the model customer I finally bailed...I was VIP w/5 lines and tons of add on's...never a day late and look what it got me...I had a problem with the storm and when I tried to swap it I got pooped on...not to mention an unresolved issue with reception while at work on board a federal facility...but you know what I got when I came here to this forum...I got called names...mocked...and told to get out because my views differed..oh and I was accused of being an alias and a liar even though I posted my executive resolutions contact info...which was promptly removed...but its on consumerist.com now...hahahaha

Last edited by larrygump; 07-28-09 at 04:58 PM.
    07-28-09 04:51 PM
    Why don't ya'll open a cold one...and chill. I really don't care about bragging rights and who is best and where. Just give me a good solid device, dependable reception, a plan that fits my needs and budget, and good tech support when I need it. Btw, I never needed tech support until VZW monkeyed with Alltel and my PRL. I have been patient and nice to every retail rep (at least 4, 2 of them multiple times) and every tech support rep (4 so far) I have spoken to. When I get home my phone service is still the pits. One store rep has called back when he said he would. I know that when the kinks are ironed out I'll have awesome service with a company I have no respect for. As a final word for this post let me say: act like a child and you'll get treated like a child. Act like an adult and you'll get treated like an adult. Act like a professional and you'll get treated like a professional.

your right i hiker.....but after a while and gettin jumped on by a few ****'s I feel pretty heated....im glad somebody started this thread and Ive got a great story....

I called into VZW CS .....I was in a pretty good mood and was polite.....I explained that my 2 day old storm SEEMED to be a bit buggy....I asked what the possibility was that "I" was the problem. I asked about resolutions and finally settled that I needed to swap out of it.

The VZW CS rep told me she had a storm and so had many of her fellow co workers in this NC call center?.......she said she wasn't going to permit me to return the phone and was going to note my account that any problem I had was caused by me...I was infuriated....I remained calm and asked for her supervisor....she said he wasn't available immediately...I asked how she could possibly know this.....she told me she knows whats goin on in the call center....

I referred her to this site and asked if she was aware of this site.....she told me no but that anybody who goes to a site to talk about cell phones had issues anyway and that it didnt matter this site was not credible.....I begged to differ and even told her I would review postings on this phone on the VZW site...she declined.....

she finally told me that no windows mobile phone such as any BB could be that problematic and that this was her final decision....she then placed me on hold for 10+ minutes....i hung up........

WINDOWS MOBILE.......WTF?
    07-28-09 05:05 PM
    Wow - I am gone for a few days & CBWWIII seems to have started.

A couple of suggestions:

1) Reps, lighten up. Between the third-party contractors used for tech support & skewed customer perceptions, plus the fact there are honestly some losers answering phones, you need to expect some ribbing. Still, the very fact this thread has continued tells me some folks have an axe to grind - and that is somewhat transparent.

2) The riff-raff this type of thread brings out really needs to crawl back under their rocks & stop the mean-spirited barbs & sparring.

When I think about it, the thread wouldve been much more constructive (and funnier) if it was reworded to include situations with any CS rep & not just VZW. Including VZW in the VZW forums was probably not the best route.

07-28-09 06:51 PM
    The posts just aren't funny. That's what's offensive about it. If you're going to insult people at least make it humorous.

LOL, BINGO!!!!!! This is the best post yet!!!!!!
    07-28-09 08:19 PM
    A rep told me the storm has a gig of APPLICATION memory. I had to teach him the storm only has 128mb of app memory. I was then telling him how horribly slow my storm was and that the tour's 256mb of memory allowed it to run faster and install more applications. The rep then went on telling me "I GUESS it could be possible to install more apps on the tour", and that "more memory does not make the tour run any faster/less buggy than the storm" (HA what a joke)

wow what the f lol
    07-28-09 08:52 PM
    Wow - I am gone for a few days & CBWWIII seems to have started.

A couple of suggestions:

1) Reps, lighten up. Between the third-party contractors used for tech support & skewed customer perceptions, plus the fact there are honestly some losers answering phones, you need to expect some ribbing. Still, the very fact this thread has continued tells me some folks have an axe to grind - and that is somewhat transparent.

2) The riff-raff this type of thread brings out really needs to crawl back under their rocks & stop the mean-spirited barbs & sparring.

When I think about it, the thread wouldve been much more constructive (and funnier) if it was reworded to include situations with any CS rep & not just VZW. Including VZW in the VZW forums was probably not the best route.

1- Been saying that since the start of this thread.

2- I wish they would find their rock and crawl back under it.

3- After I made the thread i realized that i should of left out the whole VZW thingy
    07-28-09 09:05 PM
304 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD