08-17-09 04:51 PM
304 ... 23456 ...
tools
    So i transferred a customer to a BB tech support agent. I usually don't listen in on conversations I just transfer and move on. But I had questions so I stayed on for some ROFLs and LOLs. The BB tech was really short and to the point with the cust. Almost coming off like know-it-all A hole. She tried to tell him about another issue with her phone and he said this is 1 call for 1 issue. WTF is that? At VZW we ask at the end of each call if there is more we can do. This guy didn't care at all. I hope there aren't many others like him.
    07-27-09 03:17 PM
    I've got to say I bought my cell at Best Buy in Brick,NJ and they were knowledgeable and didn't harass me like at all the other stores I've been too. Than again they don't get commission like all kiosks and cell phone carrier stores do. I remember I went to a Verizon store and wanted to look at the storm and he just kept making me look at The LG phones and such. I have the Storm now and I have to say I love it !!! I was told by one of the coworkers I knew he was trying to sell the LG phones because they were told who sold the most got extra money. I know its not a funny story but it pissed me off and than told me the LG phones are better than Blackberrys which is funny !!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    We do not make one penny off of the phones.

07-27-09 04:29 PM
    We do not make one penny off of the phones.

Correct. You can buy a Samsung Knack for all i care. If it is what fits your needs and will work best for you, doesnt matter if you bought that or a Blackberry Storm.

This thread really isnt funny at all.
    07-27-09 04:41 PM
    As I said in another post on this thread, I have been spending a lot of time in my neighborhood VZW store trying to get a signal issue resolved This is a former Alltel location as VZW did not have much of a footprint in my locale. The sales reps are actually doing a good job there. I was given a business card from one of them and I noticed there was no address on the card. The response was that none of the reps in the store knew if they were being retained or not. If retained, they did not know where they would be working. No...this is not funny...but WTF?
    07-27-09 05:07 PM

This thread really isnt funny at all.
    The fact that it isn't funny is.....funny!

The only thing this thread has proved is that customers have absoloutely no clue of what our job truly entails, and that the largest percentage of their complaints are pointless.
    07-27-09 10:07 PM
    The second day I got my phone my email was not working on my phone, and the rep repeatedly told me I could not get microsoft outlook express to push emails to my phone. I convinced he could and what do you know? He could.
    07-27-09 10:20 PM
    not seeing the funny here....
    been with vzw for 8 years now, and while the techs in my local wireless store dont know every in and out of the blackberry or winmo phones, they have never let me down in customer service.... i guess maybe i give them too much credit though.... had some truely horrible expiriences back in the day when i was with cigular. switch to vzw and never looked back... i know there are some wtf things with vzw like the gps lock out, and mysterious differences in ringer volume compaired to other carriers similar bb's, but ever carrier has thier quirk... i bet you'd see more action worth reading in a 'why i love vzw' thread
    07-27-09 10:53 PM
    This thread was started basically in response to the "things customers say that just make us laugh" thread. probably by someone who got offended by it and felt it would be great to start this one.

You all have to look at it like this... Working with phones is honestly one of the most demanding jobs out there. we need to approach each and every customer with a friendly attitude, no matter what is going on in our personal life or work life. We are all under a tremendous amount of stress, which i wont even bother getting into, and we do always have those "special customers."

In order to keep our sanity, we have to vent every now and then, which I hope you can all understand. There are certain ways we could go about handling this, some people cannot in a good way and end up quitting or being fired for being unprofessional. That thread is meant just for a getaway for us to say whats on our mind and to laugh a little bit, which I don't see why it is an issue for so many people. In that thread, you dont see people saying "oh this customer was cust a mor0n" or anything insulting. We are just discussing what has happened in the past that made us chuckle.

Now for this thread: Keep in mind what I said before about all the stress and all that. We all say and do stupid things when stressed out, and not all reps are as tech savvy as others, so their brain farts may seem worse than others. You never actually know what is going on in the reps life, so think twice before posting saying the rep was a complete mor0n.

Im perfectly ok with this thread staying, but you all should just keep this in your mind before bashing a VZW rep... Also keep in mind, we currently have what, 30-40 phones in our lineup, plus all the computer work, plus the plans (to list: family share, single line, 65+, prepaid, Nationwide + canada, nationwide + mexico, txt plans, all data services, aircard plans both nationwide and global), and knowing it all and how to process everything correctly with our 7 discount reasons, how to notate correctly, return reason codes, credit codes... There is a massive amount of things to remember, and it is honestly hard. I have been working with cell phones for over 3 years now, and I still have trouble with certain things, and I am quite tech savvy. Trust me, I have gotten tripped up a few times and have said some pretty funny things... You all cant expect every single rep to know every single thing about everything right? And also, you cant expect a rep to be 100% perfect 100% of the time. Its just not fair to anyone if you have your expectations set like that.

1 last point: The only thing I find funny so far about this thread is 1) the people saying there is nothing funny in this thread, and 2) how 50% of everything said so far is because the customer was either trying to trip the rep up, or a misinformed customer.

Sorry for the long post...
    Last edited by crackalackberry; 07-27-09 at 11:23 PM.
    07-27-09 11:18 PM
    This thread was started basically in response to the "things customers say that just make us laugh" thread. probably by someone who got offended by it and felt it would be great to start this one.

You all have to look at it like this... Working with phones is honestly one of the most demanding jobs out there. we need to approach each and every customer with a friendly attitude, no matter what is going on in our personal life or work life. We are all under a tremendous amount of stress, which i wont even bother getting into, and we do always have those "special customers."

In order to keep our sanity, we have to vent every now and then, which I hope you can all understand. There are certain ways we could go about handling this, some people cannot in a good way and end up quitting or being fired for being unprofessional. That thread is meant just for a getaway for us to say whats on our mind and to laugh a little bit, which I don't see why it is an issue for so many people. In that thread, you dont see people saying "oh this customer was cust a mor0n" or anything insulting. We are just discussing what has happened in the past that made us chuckle.

Now for this thread: Keep in mind what I said before about all the stress and all that. We all say and do stupid things when stressed out, and not all reps are as tech savvy as others, so their brain farts may seem worse than others. You never actually know what is going on in the reps life, so think twice before posting saying the rep was a complete mor0n.

Im perfectly ok with this thread staying, but you all should just keep this in your mind before bashing a VZW rep... Also keep in mind, we currently have what, 30-40 phones in our lineup, plus all the computer work, plus the plans (to list: family share, single line, 65+, prepaid, Nationwide + canada, nationwide + mexico, txt plans, all data services, aircard plans both nationwide and global), and knowing it all and how to process everything correctly with our 7 discount reasons, how to notate correctly, return reason codes, credit codes... There is a massive amount of things to remember, and it is honestly hard. I have been working with cell phones for over 3 years now, and I still have trouble with certain things, and I am quite tech savvy. Trust me, I have gotten tripped up a few times and have said some pretty funny things... You all cant expect every single rep to know every single thing about everything right? And also, you cant expect a rep to be 100% perfect 100% of the time. Its just not fair to anyone if you have your expectations set like that.

1 last point: The only thing I find funny so far about this thread is 1) the people saying there is nothing funny in this thread, and 2) how 50% of everything said so far is because the customer was either trying to trip the rep up, or a misinformed customer.

Sorry for the long post...
    Very well said!
    07-28-09 07:29 AM
    Well, when I worked at Barnes & Noble in college, it wasn't my job to check and see what book Oprah had on her book club list, or what authors had recently been on The Daily Show or The Today Show, but you can bet I did my outside research before coming to work, so I would know what people were asking for. I know it's not required, but still...
    Except that this isn't a book, it's an expensive device surrounded by rumors that is more than likely quite a few months off and hasn't even been officially announced yet.

And when you go into a store and talk to John the Verizon Rep... you're doing that not to see what John thinks, but rather to see what Verizon has to say. So if he says "Yeah, I heard it comes with WiFi and a money-making machine" you would come on here posting "OMG Verizon told me the Storm 2 comes with a money-making machine!" I would rather him get official info instead of just spouting off the many rumors about the Storm 2 found here on Crackberry and confusing everyone further.

Also, their job is not to give lipservice to Crackberrians or phone aficionados. Their job is to sell what they HAVE - so why would he put in your head the idea to wait for the Storm 2 (which might not be coming for quite a while) when he could sell you the original Storm or the Tour today?

Now, of course the reps not knowing about the Tour when it's been announced is inexcusable. But I would blame that more on the management or the training teams who aren't educating their reps properly.

Next time you go into a Verizon store trying to get some info out of a rep, just remember they're not there to cater to you. They're there to cater to the masses, who are a lot less educated than those of us on Crackberry, HowardForums, et al.
    Last edited by slinky317; 07-28-09 at 07:51 AM.
    07-28-09 07:36 AM
    The fact that it isn't funny is.....funny!

The only thing this thread has proved is that customers have absoloutely no clue of what our job truly entails, and that the largest percentage of their complaints are pointless.
    I see that in my absence you haven't lightened up. I'm curious as to why you cannot let people vent without quoting them and jumping down their throats.

This thread was never intended to be funnier or better than the one is was mimicking, but it seems that there are some funny or WTF moments that happen and are nice to share.

So to you Vet, you can LIGHTEN UP, or Bounce.

So all that have contributed, Thank You!

Oh, Thanks PK for not shutting us down!!!!!
    07-28-09 10:02 AM
    ...The only thing this thread has proved is that customers have absoloutely no clue of what our job truly entails, ....
    Just a wild guess .... serving customers?
    07-28-09 10:21 AM
    I heard someone say my name earlier?.......lmao...

awesome post joey........and great statement tsst.....liked your earlier one too....hahahahaha

*pouting* "my job is so hard and technical *pouting*-crakalakakakakakakawhatever

my new signature- please tell that to a soldier or sailor overseas....or to a police officer or firefighter.....or somebody else who has a "real" job and doesn't sit in the cozy A/C everyday....maybe even one of your engineers or field techs who have ot actually work.....pssst....haha

heres a funny one for ya......its funny that none of these grizzled "vet's" or reps can take a pun at there expense....but there quick to tell you how misinformed or stupid YOU are....but there the ones working for $10-12 an hour while most of you have degrees you worked hard for

P.S. (HERE IT COMES BY THE WAY-HOW THEY ALL HAVE DEGREES AND MAKE MUCHO BUCKS)....blah im finished
    Thats true there are a lot of people on here that tear people apart because they don't know details that apparently matter more than anything else. I'm workin as a tech right now cuz I needed money for school/rent/bills/baby, mommy and daddy don't pay my bills. I'm not one of these 30 somethings techs that are going nowhere, living in a house with 3 friends and plan on that for the reset of their lives.
    07-28-09 11:08 AM
    crackalackberry I have been working with cell phones for over 3 years now, and I still have trouble with certain things, and I am quite tech savvy. Trust me, I have gotten tripped up a few times and have said some pretty funny things... You all cant expect every single rep to know every single thing about everything right? And also, you cant expect a rep to be 100% perfect 100% of the time. Its just not fair to anyone if you have your expectations set like that
    LOL, true I think some people forget this
    07-28-09 11:34 AM
    The funniest part of this thread is the way the VZW employees respond. They apparently have very thin skin and can't stand to see customers make fun of them (or at worst attempt to make fun of them) even though they think they are cute making fun of customers in there funny thread.
    As I said before, I took exception to the premise of their thread and somebody whined to the powers that be and my posts were expunged.
    Fortunately for us, most VZW reps are extremely competent and will resolve our issues in a very professional manner, not repeating some of the naive and sometimes idiotic things we might say.
    This thread has accomplished what it started out to do. Show some of the funny and WTF things VZW reps say. They say it in their posts.
    07-28-09 11:38 AM
    The funniest part of this thread is the way the VZW employees respond. They apparently have very thin skin and can't stand to see customers make fun of them (or at worst attempt to make fun of them) even though they think they are cute making fun of customers in there funny thread.
    As I said before, I took exception to the premise of their thread and somebody whined to the powers that be and my posts were expunged.
    Fortunately for us, most VZW reps are extremely competent and will resolve our issues in a very professional manner, not repeating some of the naive and sometimes idiotic things we might say.
    This thread has accomplished what it started out to do. Show some of the funny and WTF things VZW reps say. They say it in their posts.
    This thread has delivered Things that VZW reps say that make us laugh.

Lighten up guys. Everyone's job can be tough and stressful. It's a matter of keeping it in perspective.
    07-28-09 11:58 AM
    No offense, but welcome to sales. Your experience selling phones is not unique, and isn't as complicated as you may think. Try selling NAS and SAN solutions with data dedupe and replication services, while outbidding other vendors and still trying to maintain a profit margin.

There are many, many talented Verizon reps out there who know their stuff and know what to say. However, in ANY organization or company, there are those that don't know what they're doing. This just so happens to be the VZW forum, so naturally they will be the targets here. However, I find that Verizon reps are the MOST professional and MOST knowledgeable out of all the wireless carriers out there... but we all need to poke fun at ourselves every now and then.

In the end, it's all in jest. Your complaints and jokes about customers are no more warranted or serious than those about reps. We all have fun here, and at the end of the day we all respect each other for who we are.
    Last edited by slinky317; 07-28-09 at 12:18 PM.
    07-28-09 12:14 PM
    No offense, but welcome to sales. .
    He isn't talking about sales we have people call in and talk to us. They flip out on us as soon as they get on the line and treat us like **** over the phone. I agree some reps are better, and more knowledgeable but for the most part they are on the same page. I agree I say some sh*t thats like did I really say that? That doesn't make sense? And its even better when my supervisor is listening in or someone is doing a qa at the time and they laugh at what I say...
    07-28-09 12:26 PM
    He isn't talking about sales we have people call in and talk to us. They flip out on us as soon as they get on the line and treat us like **** over the phone.
    Once again, welcome to sales. Part of a salesman's job is to be on the front lines and take the crap that gets fired at them, and to turn it around and satisfy the customer.
    07-28-09 12:29 PM
    This thread has delivered Things that VZW reps say that make us laugh.

Lighten up guys. Everyone's job can be tough and stressful. It's a matter of keeping it in perspective.

Actually, it's a matter of stating something that was funny. It's failed to produce that.
    07-28-09 12:33 PM
    why is everyone *****ing?!?! seriously the reps have their forum and the customers have their forum. what is the big deal? some of the reps seem to be getting but t hurt because maybe they do something along the lines of what has been posted in here. seriously it all just fun and games! laugh at yourself every once in a while, because if you don't the whole room will!
    07-28-09 12:38 PM
    The rep told me that Verizon customers couldn't pre-order the Tour and I went on their website the next day and did!
    07-28-09 12:44 PM
    Once again, welcome to sales. Part of a salesman's job is to be on the front lines and take the crap that gets fired at them, and to turn it around and satisfy the customer.
    Once again, WE DONT SELL PHONES WE FIX THEM. If you want to say welcome to customer service that would work
    07-28-09 12:49 PM
    Once again, WE DONT SELL PHONES WE FIX THEM. If you want to say welcome to customer service that would work
    Same kind of thing - instead of selling the hardware, you're selling the Verizon name. But still trust me that it's not as different from other jobs as crackalackaberry was trying to make it out to be.
    07-28-09 12:58 PM
    Same kind of thing - instead of selling the hardware, you're selling the Verizon name. But still trust me that it's not as different from other jobs as crackalackaberry was trying to make it out to be.
    Thats true, I'm not gonna sit here and say my job is sooo hard anyone with some techy knowledge can do it. But can they do it well?
    07-28-09 01:27 PM
304 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD